Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 PM

2,729 posts, read 2,630,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
it's common sense to remove a fly if it gets into a vessel. stop force fitting science into a book written by primitive Arabian tribes
How about drown all of it?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 4,832 times
Also visit http://quranic-wisdom.co.nf

Old 01-02-2014, 11:23 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,545,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"If a fly falls down to your vessel,
drown all of it then remove it,
for one of its wings has the ailment
and the other has the cure,"
do you know any one said something similar in the past.?
There are many old wives' tales floating around. I cannot see that this has any medical merit whatsoever.

On a post here a long tome ago, someone argued about some kind of medical extract from a fly's wing, I can't quite recall, but that is hardly this assurance that a fly won't cause you a disease if it falls into your drink, let alone for the reason given, that it does carry a harmful disease but it also carried the antidiote that cancels it out.

That just seems nonsensical to me, and the one attempt to make it stick did this medical extract claim, which is really taking something different and interpreting this Quranic passage almost as a metaphorical reference.

It is really the old business of stretching a religious text beyond credibility to make it fit the nearest scientific fact.

Now, this won't move muslims, but that is hardly the point. They don't need to post scientific proof of the Quran to affirm their own faith. This in intended to try to impress those who are not muslims.

Thus it behoves us to point out that these proofs do not add up to a row of beans.

Ps. while we are on the subject, the number of bones/ joints in a body was presented as another proof. This is lockdown refuted: The Quran gets it totally wrong.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 PM

995 posts, read 952,568 times
The Koran and Hadiths also claims Jesus never suffered the crucifixion, but some other poor sap look-alike did in his place, which means Jesus deceived people into thinking he actually suffered anything. Jesus takes credit for someone else's suffering and death. But the Koran is science, so it must be true.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
There are many old wives' tales floating around. I cannot see that this has any medical merit whatsoever.

On a post here a long tome ago, someone argued about some kind of medical extract from a fly's wing, I can't quite recall, but that is hardly this assurance that a fly won't cause you a disease if it falls into your drink, let alone for the reason given, that it does carry a harmful disease but it also carried the antidiote that cancels it out.

That just seems nonsensical to me, and the one attempt to make it stick did this medical extract claim, which is really taking something different and interpreting this Quranic passage almost as a metaphorical reference.

It is really the old business of stretching a religious text beyond credibility to make it fit the nearest scientific fact.

Now, this won't move muslims, but that is hardly the point. They don't need to post scientific proof of the Quran to affirm their own faith. This in intended to try to impress those who are not muslims.

Thus it behoves us to point out that these proofs do not add up to a row of beans.

Ps. while we are on the subject, the number of bones/ joints in a body was presented as another proof. This is lockdown refuted: The Quran gets it totally wrong.
if some one have prepared a glass of water to drink it then a fly fall in it , I am sure he will not remove the fly and drink the same water but he will get another water , even for Muslims who know this hadith they would get another water , but if some one is lost in the desert and run out of water and got thirsty to death and he finds a glass of water that has a fly in it , for sure this fly will not stop him from drinking the water but he will remove it and drink the water , but if a Muslim had such case he would follow the instruction that he got it from the final messenger of Allah and dip the fly to the water and then remove and drink the water safely.

The surface of flies is the last place you would expect to find antibiotics,
yet that is exactly where a team of Australian researchers is concentrating their efforts. The new buzz on antibiotics › News in Science (ABC Science)

Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,545,443 times
Probably he would, and unless something was wrong with the water supply, would survive. Because flies may be mucky creatures. (they eat crap) probably just floating in water wouldn't hurt you.

But that is nothing to do with having disease in one wing and cure in the other. It sounds nonsense to me and, if it was true, I am sure such an astonishing medical fact would be very widely known.

Thanks for the antibiotics link. That was what I recalled from the first time this cropped up. While it may seem to endorse the cure in the fly wing, it doesn't actually fit the idea that the fly has in one wing a disease that could harm one, simply by dropping into your drink were it not that the antidote is in the other wing.

That is quite different from finding antibotics on a fly wing and thus, as I remarked before, the Quran claim seems false in anything other than a metaphorical or at least far -fetched sense.

P.s It is not on the wing, particularly, but on the body, I gather, and even though the word 'drown' is actually used (making one sit up!) it is merely the method of extracting the antibiotics. Reading the link just makes it look more like a lucky, but not all that close, miss by the Quran.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
The Koran and Hadiths also claims Jesus never suffered the crucifixion, but some other poor sap look-alike did in his place, which means Jesus deceived people into thinking he actually suffered anything. Jesus takes credit for someone else's suffering and death. But the Koran is science, so it must be true.
The Quran says it appeared so unto them and one is sure how it was appeared so unto them.
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger -
they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them;
and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof;
they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. The Noble Quran 4:157

Old 01-12-2014, 05:12 PM

4 posts, read 4,832 times
Also visit Wisdom from the Quran

Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmal View Post
With the name of God the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
I am reminded of Nostradamus. If the things were really true, we would know ahead of time of these events and prepare for them. I'll tell you what; I'll make-up some crap right now about an event coming tomorrow, and then I'll come back in a day or two (if I can remember) and tell you what I was referring to, proving that I have supernatural powers.

Okay here it goes; "The sun went dark with the black smoke of hatred. And the people turned away and wept." Wow, that's pretty good, if I do say so myself. It sounds kind of profound, in a way. Anyhow, if I forget to come back and specify what I was referring to, someone else can do it for me. It'll probably sufficiently fit a couple of dozen events that will be in the news tomorrow somewhere in the world.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 PM

995 posts, read 952,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Quran says it appeared so unto them and one is sure how it was appeared so unto them.
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger -
they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them;
and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof;
they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. The Noble Quran 4:157

Right. So that means Jesus made it look like he was crucified. He deceived people into thinking he defeated death. Jesus only claims he suffered, when he did not. i.e. Jesus was a liar and a false prophet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality