Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:33 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
They do.
Relatively and gradually.

and here another verse to make it clear
He merges Night into Day, and He merges Day into Night;
and He has full knowledge of the secrets of (all) hearts. The Noble Quran 57:6

No, sorry, neither overtakes the other, at all. Your Quran is wrong and demonstrates that it has no knowledge of reality, therefore proving that Allah either doesn't exist or is ignorant of science. Night, or dark, is the absence of light (day). Dark cannot "overtake" light, so night cannot overtake day.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:40 PM

2,773 posts, read 2,668,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
No, sorry, neither overtakes the other, at all. .....

Allah revealed The Quran in Arabic language and the arabic
words in the Quran are his actual saying and
any translation for the Quran to any other language other than Arabic does not make it the word of Allah in that translated language but it make it a translation of its meaning.
and those who translated The Quran they did their best to chose the best words for the translation to make it exactly as it is suppose to mean , but some times they do not use the perfect word.
for example below are four people who translated the original arabic verse and every one used his own words

Yusuf Ali 5: He created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): He makes the Night overlap the Day, and the Day overlap the Night: He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His law): Each one follows a course for a time appointed. Is not He the Exalted in Power - He Who forgives again and again?

Shakir 5: He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver.

Pickthal 5: He hath created the heavens and the earth with truth. He maketh night to succeed day, and He maketh day to succeed night, and He constraineth the sun and the moon to give service, each running on for an appointed term. Is not He the Mighty, the Forgiver?

Mohsin Khan: 5: He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each running (on a fixed course) for an appointed term. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.
this is the actual arabic verb that was used in the Quran يُكَوِّرُ

and this is the actual saying of Allah

خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ يُكَوِّرُ اللَّيْلَ عَلَى النَّهَارِ وَيُكَوِّرُ النَّهَارَ عَلَى اللَّيْلِ ۖ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ ۖ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي لِأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى ۗ أَلَا هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفَّارُ

you can use www.worldlingo.com or google translation to translate it

this verb يُكَوِّرُ comes from the original verb كَوِّرُ

Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Allah revealed The Quran in Arabic language and the arabic
words in the Quran are his actual saying and
any translation for the Quran to any other language other than Arabic does not make it the word of Allah in that translated language but it make it a translation of its meaning.
and those who translated The Quran they did their best to chose the best words for the translation to make it exactly as it is suppose to mean , but some times they do not use the perfect word.
for example below are four people who translated the original arabic verse and every one used his own words

Yusuf Ali 5: He created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): He makes the Night overlap the Day, and the Day overlap the Night: He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His law): Each one follows a course for a time appointed. Is not He the Exalted in Power - He Who forgives again and again?

Shakir 5: He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver.

Pickthal 5: He hath created the heavens and the earth with truth. He maketh night to succeed day, and He maketh day to succeed night, and He constraineth the sun and the moon to give service, each running on for an appointed term. Is not He the Mighty, the Forgiver?

Mohsin Khan: 5: He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each running (on a fixed course) for an appointed term. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.
this is the actual arabic verb that was used in the Quran يُكَوِّرُ

and this is the actual saying of Allah

خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ يُكَوِّرُ اللَّيْلَ عَلَى النَّهَارِ وَيُكَوِّرُ النَّهَارَ عَلَى اللَّيْلِ ۖ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ ۖ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي لِأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى ۗ أَلَا هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفَّارُ

you can use www.worldlingo.com or google translation to translate it

this verb يُكَوِّرُ comes from the original verb كَوِّرُ
The Quran is wrong again. The moon is actually moving further away from the Earth, so its not on a fixed path.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
The Quran is wrong again. The moon is actually moving further away from the Earth, so its not on a fixed path.

The sentence that are between brackets are an addition clarification from the translator and it is not part of actual words translation.
and you are correct the moon is moving a way from the earth to the sun every year about 3.8 CM and one day the moon will leave the gravity of the earth to the gravity of the sun and that is also mentioned in the Holy Quran and it is another scientific sign and proof for those who still in doubt .

and here are the verses and please notice the extra clarifications that are between the brackets from the translator.
6 He asks: "When will be this Day of Resurrection?"
7 So, when the sight shall be dazed.
8 And the moon will be eclipsed.
9 And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light).
10 On that Day man will say: "Where (is the refuge) to flee?"
11 No! There is no refuge!
12 Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day.
13 On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).
14 Nay! Man will be a witness against himself [as his body parts (skin, hands, legs, etc.) will speak about his deeds],
15 Though he may put forth his excuses (to cover his evil deeds). The Noble Quran 75.6:15

Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
The sentence that are between brackets are an addition clarification from the translator and it is not part of actual words translation.
and you are correct the moon is moving a way from the earth to the sun every year about 3.8 CM and one day the moon will leave the gravity of the earth to the gravity of the sun and that is also mentioned in the Holy Quran and it is another scientific sign and proof for those who still in doubt .

and here are the verses and please notice the extra clarifications that are between the brackets from the translator.
6 He asks: "When will be this Day of Resurrection?"
7 So, when the sight shall be dazed.
8 And the moon will be eclipsed.
9 And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light).
10 On that Day man will say: "Where (is the refuge) to flee?"
11 No! There is no refuge!
12 Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day.
13 On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).
14 Nay! Man will be a witness against himself [as his body parts (skin, hands, legs, etc.) will speak about his deeds],
15 Though he may put forth his excuses (to cover his evil deeds). The Noble Quran 75.6:15

Sorry. The Quran is inaccurate again. The moon will NOT be joined with the sun. Its orbit will likely decay when the sun enters its Red Giant phase, causing it to break up and fall to Earth. So, the sun and the moon will NOT be joined together.

You have provided much proof, much proof that the Quran is wrong and is therefore not the words of a good God, though it could be the words of a deceitful God.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
Quote:
Sorry. The Quran is inaccurate again. The moon will NOT be joined with the sun. Its orbit will likely decay when the sun enters its Red Giant phase, causing it to break up and fall to Earth. So, the sun and the moon will NOT be joined together.

You have provided much proof, much proof that the Quran is wrong and is therefore not the words of a good God, though it could be the words of a deceitful God.
Let's be honest you are just here to cause trouble instead of posting anything insightful.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:

The Quran is never wrong
because it is from Allah the creator the only god , and Allah is perfect .

if there is something wrong it would be the interpretation of the actual saying ,
may be the actual translation for the original word should be aligned and not joined.

The main point is something will happen to the moon by the sun and that is what the Holy Quran have mentioned.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:45 PM

in order to know the lowest place on earth, science need to explore each place of the whole planet, let alone the sophisticated tools used.
this place was mentioned directly in the quran and it is in jerusalem
The persian army defeated the Roman army in Jerusalem and they captured it in 614 and the Quran refered to that place as the lowest place on earth.

The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, and they, after their defeat, will be victorious. The Noble Quran. 30.2:3

Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 PM

301 posts, read 295,820 times
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe... Maybe not. The truth is that we are not 100% sure.

Truth_teller, I am glad that you believe the Quran and in your religion. However, having a PhD in Astro Physics, (albeit from the early 80's, I do keep up with the literature. I'll add I'm doing all of this from memory, so if I get something way wrong that has changed please let me know), I would ask you to honestly take a look at my arguments. Normally, I wouldn't even jump into a discussion like this because it seems obvious you have no desire to actually look / learn / share at what anyone has to say and discuss it critically, but simply to proselytize Islam. I will however add from my own experience for any others out there that want to hear something other than you are wrong without any reasons. If I miss something, please let me know. Astrophysics has changed SO much since the early 80's. I am no too humble to admit when something I learned is now considered wrong.

I would first point out a couple of things. First, I will readily admit as it was mentioned here that the Persian empire flourished in technology and scientific knowledge while the Western world sunk into the dark ages. So I will readily give the Persians their due on a lot of things. Second, a lot of the claims you have made were known well before the 600 AC, I'm not going to go into detail, but several were known before well before this.

Second I would point out that the the examples you are given suffer from the same problems looking back at the prophecies in the bible, as well as by secular "prophets". When you struggle that hard to connect the dots on them, there would be no way you could assume that was the meaning, if we weren't sure of what we know today by the Scientific Method and this is the biggest problem I have with religious texts.

When you know the outcome, you can connect everything. The classic example is Nostrodomas predicting the twin towers.

Five and forty degrees, the sky shall burn: New York is 40.5 (40.47) degrees latitude
To the great new city shall the fire draw nigh. New York = New City
With vehemence the flames shall spread and churn Flames = Fire

Now I don't nor do I expect you to believe this. It is simply interpreting the writings of the past and fitting them to the future. We were given an experiment to take some writings out of different books written centuries ago and without question, everyone of us could find something to predict something in history. Science doesn't work like that. When you do, you tend to overlook all contradictory evidence because you can just see the patterns. I wish I had more time and space to go on, but just take a look back at some early fiction books and you can do the same.

Next goes to the actual science.
1. The moon is actually moving away from the earth at 38mm/yr but it wasn't always so and it will not always be that way. The reason the moon is moving further away is because
a. the earth spins faster than the moon orbits.
b. the moon causes the tide to rise, however, because the continents get in the way, depths and density of oceans, and some more minor effects, the rising tide will be pushed in front of the moon.
c. the gravitational force between the rising tide and the moon causes the moon to move accelerate and thus more it's mean radius further from the earth. It also causes the earth to slow its rotation very slightly.
d. this effect will continue until several billion years in the future. The last estimate I remember was close to 1 order of magnitude (about 10) times that of the expected life of our sun. At that point the earth will be spinning the same rate as the moon's rotation, and only one side of the earth will ever see the moon. (The moon has already achieved this stability on a mean basis having only one face generally towards the earth)
e. I did NOT take into account the effects of large NEOs, Other planets, Continental drift, Volcanic activity, Any sort of collision with a NEO by the moon or earth.
f. It should settle on about a 41 day rotation as opposed to the 27.3 day currently.
g. This was also done on a non-relativistic model.

So is it wrong to say the moon will leave its orbit to go to go into the sun... maybe. There are so many variables the biggest being an out of solar system NEO hitting one or both.

As to when the sun becomes a red giant will it be large enough to capture the earth and moon..... maybe. I would say most likely, as would most astro guys, but this is all based on models.

Most astro guys say yes. The estimated radius will be large enough to capture both the earth and the moon. But at that point, models break down beyond our current understanding. The solar wind in the thousands of years prior to becoming a red giant are expected to increase greatly, and not in a homogeneous fashion from the sun. This pressure could push the orbit outward, which could cause a greater influence from Saturn and Jupiter thus accelerating our orbit and push us outward. The greater solar wind will probably kill most life anyway if this was the case (IMHO) but the fact is we don't know for sure the timetable on these events. They are basing the rate of expansion lithium spectral lines in some known Young Red Giants thinking the expanding sun captured planets with lots of lithium because it is one of the easiest elements to fuse. There is a minority opinion that disagrees. As with most things in cosmology, our knowledge is going to continue to grow geometrically as our resolution power with adaptive optics, larger mirrors, computational power, combining telescopes, etc.

Overall it is an interesting problem, and one that WILL have most likely extinction of any/all life left on the planet and definitely warrants further study and modeling. While it is 100% sure to affect the earth, the more probabilistic large NEO hit is much more of a concern in the near future but still, this is one of those things we can say with near 100% certainty of when it happens, anyone left better be wearing sunscreen 1x10^8.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
in order to know the lowest place on earth, science need to explore each place of the whole planet, let alone the sophisticated tools used.
this place was mentioned directly in the quran and it is in jerusalem
The persian army defeated the Roman army in Jerusalem and they captured it in 614 and the Quran refered to that place as the lowest place on earth.

The Romans have been defeated in the. lowest land, and they, after their defeat, will be victorious. The Noble Quran. 30.2:3
The lowest place on Earth is actually the Marianas Trench, but removing the oceans from the equation, the lowest point is the Dead Sea, not Jerusalem. You've made many claims about the Quran and it's supposed accuracy, but when called on them you blame it on YOUR interpretation. Is it not true that you are presupposing that the Quran is from Allah and is therefore accurate (regardless of what it actually states) instead of looking objectively at the Quran to determine its accuracy? You're really not convincing anyone here of the accuracy of your ancient book, nor the legitimacy of Islam as anything more than a cult. If you want to convince us, you would be wise to simply present Allah to us in a rational, objective, testable way, not through some writings that were supposedly given from him to an angel, told to an ignorant pedophile, then written from memory years after the fact, by those who supposedly listened to Mohammad say these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality