Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM

75 posts, read 62,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guen View Post

Also i have to say, during his lifetime, a person is responsible to believe in these 6 things:
1- Allah is the only one to worship
2- Allah's prophets(all of them from Adam to Muhammad)
3-The books sent by Allah via his Prophets
4 Destiny
5-Day of judgement and aferlife
6- Angels.
İf a person is given warning and information, he will be responsible for believing them. Or he will not be of salvation...
On the humans and universe thread started by me, i added some informations and stated that the age we are living is an age of information. Every person have access to information about Muhammad(pbuh) and Islam, so not having information can not be an excuse for not being a muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,305,638 times
Quote:
I have to repeat that, a person should be a muslim in today's world, for salvation.
And this is why Christianity and Islam clash all the time.

Both religions think everyone on the planet should bend knee to their respective gods, and both have a divine mandate to essentially conquer the world.

And then people wonder why myself and others make the claim that religion is the last great divider of humanity, causing untold suffering, murder, war, and misery.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,868,694 times
^ It is..... and then there are those who believe that "The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious and devout souls everywhere are of one religion and when death has taken off the mask, they will know one another, though the diverse liveries they wore here make them strangers."

Old 03-12-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:

Also i have to say, during his lifetime, a person is responsible to believe in these 6 things:
1- Allah is the only one to worship
2- Allah's prophets(all of them from Adam to Muhammad)
3-The books sent by Allah via his Prophets
4 Destiny
5-Day of judgement and aferlife
6- Angels.
I meant by these ''being a muslim''. Because there are the things a muslims should believe.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:

In quran, Allah says that the shirk is the only thing he will not forgive.
[/i]
Also, if we violated someone's right, these right will be given to the one who is violated.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Also, if we violated someone's right, these right will be given to the one who is violated.
Of course, Allah forgives the ones and sins who he wants to forgive, and dont forgive the ones he dont...

Old 03-12-2014, 03:00 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,077,679 times
Quote:
Of course, Allah forgives the ones and sins who he wants to forgive, and dont forgive the ones he dont...
Of course. Abrahamic gods favour some people and annihilate others. It is their way.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Allah(god) is in posession of all the beautiful and noble names. The number of these names of god is infinite. Among that infinite names, Allah lets us know the 99 of them. These names are called ''Esma ul husna''; that means ''The names of the beautiful''. Everything in the universe(everything Allah has ever created) are actually extensions of one or several of these names. Among the ''created ones'' human is the most superior and honorable one. that is because ''human'' bears all the names of Allah, not just one or several. But the difference is that, these names are ''ultimate and infinite'' in
Allah, and ''limited'' in humans. For example: one of the names of Allah is ''The Shafii''. That means ''The one who gives a cure and healing. Allah is the ultimate and infinite cure giver. But a doctor is also ''shafii'' and a cure giver, but the doctor is limited in his cure giving ability. So the name ''Shafii'' is limited in doctor, unlike Allah.
The expressions i used earlier on this post are inadaquate and incomplete. A more accurate expression would be that things carry the manifestations of Allah's names. A more complete expression of how is that, is this:

Quote:
Earllier i said that humans and other things carry the extensions of names of Allah. İ want to open up this a little. A human can carry the extension of a name(title) of Allah by:
1- contrast: for example humans have various and endless neeeds. So they carry the extension of Allah's names of Kadir(The Able, the Capable, the Omnipotent.) or Ghanee(The rich, the all sufficing, Self-Sufficient)
2-sense of ''self'': for example a doctor who heals people carry the extension and manifestation of Shafii(the one who gives cure)
3- with the properties came to us: for example when we are given food we carry the extension of name Al-Mughnee(The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.) or when we die we carry the extension of name Al-Mumeet(The One who renders the living dead.)

Old 06-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The concept of original sin:
İn islam, there is no concept of original sin. We believe that every baby that come to this World is pure. And every child is also free of sin until he/she comes to the age that he/she can understand the distinction of what is true and what is false. We also believe that no one inherit an other person’s sin. Every one is responsible for himself.
Lets see what quran says about adam and eve:
Surat ar araf: 19-25:
And "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat from wherever you will but do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."
But Satan whispered to them to make apparent to them that which was concealed from them of their private parts. He said, "Your Lord did not forbid you this tree except that you become angels or become of the immortal."
And he swore [by Allah ] to them, "Indeed, I am to you from among the sincere advisors."
So he made them fall, through deception. And when they tasted of the tree, their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten together over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called to them, "Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that Satan is to you a clear enemy?"
They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers."
[ Allah ] said, "Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment for a time."
He said, "Therein you will live, and therein you will die, and from it you will be brought forth."

As we can see, allah is not actually angry with them for eating the fruit which was prohibited fort hem. Actually he says that, earth is a place of settlement and provision for a time. And one day he will call every person on earth to himself again(by death)
İn truth, sending the humans to earth was God’s intention from the start.
Surat al baqara from quran 30:
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."
And He taught Adam the names - all of them. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful."
They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise."
He said, "O Adam, inform them of their names." And when he had informed them of their names, He said, "Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed."
And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.
And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."
But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."
Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.
We said, "Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.

As we can see in above verses, god wanted to create a being who has freedom of choice, unlike the angels. And he wanted to send them to earth from the very start. When adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit, that was actually a sign that they are ready to choose between true and false. İt was not the most terrible sin in human history, like christians believe. As quran says, it was just a ‘’slip’’. We also believe that prophets are free of sin. Every possible sin of them are forgiven by Allah. Adam is also a prophet, so he is also free of sin, like all prophets.. As we can see the above verses of quran, allah comforted adam that guidance will come to them. Adam also receive some words from allah when he asked for forgiveness. These were probably words of comfort and mercy given from Allah to Adam and Eve. We can see that allah is not angry with them, like christians believe.
The parts in these post of mine about that god is not angry with adam and eve are just an interpretation of a man i saw on a youtube video. It is not definite knowledge from quran so it should not be evaluated like a definite knowledge. What we know for sure is that Adam and Eve were forgiven when they were still alive on earth. Also, according to islam faith, prophets do not commit sin.

Last edited by guen; 06-06-2014 at 12:08 PM..

Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
The parts in these post of mine about that god is not angry with adam and eve are just an interpretation of a man i saw on a youtube video. It is not definite knowledge from quran so it should not be evaluated like a definite knowledge. What we know for sure is that Adam and Eve were forgiven when they were still alive on earth. Also, according to islam faith, prophets do not commit sin.

İ also want add that: in the earlier post of mine, there is a statement that says all the possible sins of prophets are forgiven by Allah. There is a verse in quran that says to Muhammad(pbuh) to ask Allah for forgiveness and there is another verse that the past and future sins of Muhammad (pbuh) is forgiven. But that verse is only about Muhammad(pbuh), not all prophets in general. Also, like i said earlier, prophets do not commit sin according to islamic faith. Some scholars said that this verse is about the potential to commit sin that exists in human nature,but of course Allah knows better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality