Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guen View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
what i meant on that post, is that we are living in the age of information today. We have internet and have access to every kind of information. So a person can read Quran, bible, torah and another religious texts. That means a great percentage of person have access to information and knowledge about Islam. So, i don't think that ''not being warned'' or ''not having the correct information'' will be an excuse anymore for not being a muslim, in the age that we are living...
So there is really no excuse for believing in ignorant ancient religious myths any more?

Last edited by june 7th; 03-08-2014 at 04:32 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 PM

75 posts, read 62,894 times
Quote:
Earlier on this forum i said that if a person is warned, he should become a muslim. İ want to open this up.
A person should accept Muhammad(pbuh)'s prophethood and be a muslim to be accepted into heaven. Imam ı Gazali( a famous and acknowledged muslim scholar) said that, people who never heard of Prophet Muhammad's name can be accepted into heaven. He also said that people who heard only lies about Muhammad(pbuh) can also be hoped to be accepted into heaven( but he did not gave a definite statement about this second group of people who heard only lies, he said ''it can be hoped'', not will be accepted)

That is why i said that ''if a person is warned''. İ already said that the age we are living is age of information and everyone has access to knowledge about islam, so i dont think that not having knowledge is an excuse.
i should also say that Imam ı Gazalı was talking about the roman people, christian people and turkish people who lives on faraway countries, in his time(1000 AC)

Also Allah says in quran that he will not forgive shirk(not accepting that Allah is the only god and only one worthy of worship)

Old 03-08-2014, 03:29 AM

Another addition: there are also some muslim scholars that said; even if a person do not know any prophet in his lifetime, he is still obliged to understand and know that he has a creator and that creator is one. That, the mind given to humans are capable to understand that at least...Believing in trinity does not mean believing in one god

Last edited by guen; 03-08-2014 at 03:57 AM..

Old 03-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Sometimes i used the term ''salvation'' on this forum. I used this term for ''being free from eternal punishment in hell''
According to Islam faith, non-muslims can not find salvation, and they will be in hell for eternity
Muslims can also go to hell for some of their sins, but they will be accepted to heaven after some time in hell.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Sometimes i used the term ''salvation'' on this forum. I used this term for ''being free from eternal punishment in hell''
According to Islam faith, non-muslims can not find salvation, and they will be in hell for eternity
Muslims can also go to hell for some of their sins, but they will be accepted to heaven after some time in hell.
İ want to say somethings about heart, mind and being a muslim.
Muslim is a person who say this with his tongue and his heart: I bare witness that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger(Resul). So a person can not be a muslim and find salvation without accepting Muhammad(pbuh). This sentence is called The word of shadah(witnessing). There is a reason for that:

There are two sophisticated mechanism in humans. there are called mind and heart. Mind works with the mechanism of similiarities. For example, you can not teach a man who is blind since birth, what the color red is... That is because he did not see anything similiar to red. Heart is a higher thing because it works with with the mechanism of witnessing. Difference between mind and heart is like that: İf a student get a high score on an exam, you would say; he probably studied hard last night. Because you linked an high score with studying hard, in you mind. But a person who stays in the same home with this student can say to you; yes i witnessed that he studied hard, without having the need to see his score in exam. That is the difference between mind and heart, witnessing is a higher thing. Believing is a work of heart, so the words a person say when he is becoming a muslim, is called the words of shadah(witnessing)

It can also be said that, heart is Sultan(king) and mind is heart's vizier. A good vizier do not say ok to every word of Sultan, he corrects him when it is needed, but the vizier can never overthrow the sultan. And know that the sultan is higher than him in rank. That is like the analogy of heart and mind...

Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Early in this thread, i said that everything that exist are extensions of Allah's names. İ think it can be understood wrong. By saying that, i mean things are manifestations of Allah's names. For example; Ancient egyptians revered the Sun as a god. But actually sun is a manifestation of Allah's name of Nur(light). So, between saying that the sun is god, and saying that sun is a servant of god by being a manifestation of a name of him , there is a huge difference. I said this because i dont want to responsible for a wrong word. Accepting that the creations are manifestations of Allah's names is a main concept in islam faith. This only means that Allah created them, and nothing more.
A more accurate expression is that things carry the manifestations of Allah's names. I already posted a message on this thread to express more clearly how things carry the manifestations of Allah's names

Quote:
Earllier i said that humans and other things carry the extensions of names of Allah. İ want to open up this a little. A human can carry the extension of a name(title) of Allah by:
1- contrast: for example humans have various and endless neeeds. So they carry the extension of Allah's names of Kadir(The Able, the Capable, the Omnipotent.) or Ghanee(The rich, the all sufficing, Self-Sufficient)
2-sense of ''self'': for example a doctor who heals people carry the extension and manifestation of Shafii(the one who gives cure)
3- with the properties came to us: for example when we are given food we carry the extension of name Al-Mughnee(The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.) or when we die we carry the extension of name Al-Mumeet(The One who renders the living dead.)
Also the full sentence of the word of shadah is like that: I bare witness that there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is his ''abd'' and his ''rasul''(messenger, prophet).

Old 03-13-2014, 05:09 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,496,651 times

Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Earlier on this forum i said that if a person is warned, he should become a muslim. İ want to open this up.
A person should accept Muhammad(pbuh)'s prophethood and be a muslim to be accepted into heaven. Imam ı Gazali( a famous and acknowledged muslim scholar) said that, people who never heard of Prophet Muhammad's name can be ehl i necat He also said that people who heard only lies about Muhammad(pbuh) can also be ehl i necat( but he did not gave a definite statement about this second group of people who heard only lies, he said ''it can be hoped'', not will be accepted)

That is why i said that ''if a person is warned''. İ already said that the age we are living is age of information and everyone has access to knowledge about islam, so i dont think that not having knowledge is an excuse.
According to islam faith, belief(accepting Muhammad(pbuh)) is the thing that decides who will be in heaven and who will be in hell for eternity. The time between Jesus(pbuh) and Muhammad(pbuh) is called ''Fetret''. That means there was no prophet on that time period. Some Muslim scholars said that, these people are Ehl i necat.(That means they are free of eternal hell) . Some scholars said that, these people still should believe that Allah is one and there is no god but him.( That means they should not commit shirk). And those who dont believe that Allah is one on the Fetret time will go to hell for eternity. Some scholars said that these people will be turned to dust on the judgement day. The text i posted about Imam ı Gazali is about the opinion of scholars, that Fetret time can still continue for some people on earth, after Prophet Muhammad, because of geographic distances and such...
And these people might be like the people of Fetret because they have no means to know about prophet Muhammad(pbuh). But one should notice that Imam ı Gazali was living in Medieval Age. All the scholars i know of are in the opinion that the time we are living in is the age of information and earth is smaller now by the means of communication, so people of this age can not be counted as Fetret people and are obliged to accept Muhammad(pbuh) to be free of eternal hell...

Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,496,651 times

Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
According to islam faith, belief(accepting Muhammad(pbuh)) is the thing that decides who will be in heaven and who will be in hell for eternity. The time between Jesus(pbuh) and Muhammad(pbuh) is called ''Fetret''. That means there was no prophet on that time period. Some Muslim scholars said that, these people are Ehl i necat.(That means they are free of eternal hell) . Some scholars said that, these people still should believe that Allah is one and there is no god but him.( That means they should not commit shirk). And those who dont believe that Allah is one on the Fetret time will go to hell for eternity. Some scholars said that these people will be turned to dust on the judgement day. The text i posted about Imam ı Gazali is about the opinion of scholars, that Fetret time can still continue for some people on earth, after Prophet Muhammad, because of geographic distances and such...
And these people might be like the people of Fetret because they have no means to know about prophet Muhammad(pbuh). But one should notice that Imam ı Gazali was living in Medieval Age. All the scholars i know of are in the opinion that the time we are living in is the age of information and earth is smaller now by the means of communication, so people of this age can not be counted as Fetret people and are obliged to accept Muhammad(pbuh) to be free of eternal hell...
But of course, there might still be people who lives on a secluded and isolated enviroment, and be counted as of fetret. But we can not know that, only Allah knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.