Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 03:13 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times

Advertisements

We may have in our minds what is the high moral ground and that might be correct, but that is good only on an Earthly scale it will not save us if we walk little old ladies across the street, obey the law and do kind to our neighbors, this alone will not get us in to Heaven as God has to be in the picture. We have to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, have a focus on Him as He is the only way to the Father. Our garments are like filthy rags as we are all born in to a sin-filled nature world. Anyone who says they are without sin is a liar.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
We may have in our minds what is the high moral ground and that might be correct, but that is good only on an Earthly scale it will not save us if we walk little old ladies across the street, obey the law and do kind to our neighbors, this alone will not get us in to Heaven as God has to be in the picture. We have to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, have a focus on Him as He is the only way to the Father. Our garments are like filthy rags as we are all born in to a sin-filled nature world. Anyone who says they are without sin is a liar.
We don't need saving! This is all just bold unsubstantiated assertions.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
Nobody I know of is proposing God, including an atheists or agnostic's area of vacancy for a cause ( no cause whatever), is a creature or human. Therefore there is no epistemological problem.
If it's not a creature or human than perhaps it's a monster or demon. Still, either as a god among kin or as the ultimate god above mere angels, It would have no legitimacy. There is plenty epistemology problems, because nothing that thinks can know about what it doesn't know, doubt is merely the wisdom in realizing that.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Wrong.

You can believe in Christ, or Buddha, or a Cosmic Muffin, or in no deity at all and when you wheeze your last you'll get to the same place as everybody else.

The journeys may well vary. In fact, I'm quite sure they will.

But the destination will be the same.

Sorry, perry. You're gonna have to hobnob with heathens.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong.

You can believe in Christ, or Buddha, or a Cosmic Muffin, or in no deity at all and when you wheeze your last you'll get to the same place as everybody else.

Say it ain't so. I don't want to spend eternity with most people I see on these boards.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Of course its legit--for his creation. It boggles the mind to suggest God has no dominion over his creation.
its called democracy. It's called egalitarianism and caring about those less fortunate than you. It boggles the mind to say that your kin have no legitimacy unless agreed by the first ancestor of today's ancestor worship cults, God.

Humans legitimize themselves and that is self-evident to the unbiased. Let those with "dominion" rule and hold responsibility.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
This is the point in the thread where I realize you guys have no common sense and logic. To suggest a creator has no dominion over his creation is lunacy. It's pointless to even attempt to argue with this sort of "logic".
Let's no lock ourselves up in ivory towers and ignore the arguments from those who disagree.

Are parents not the creators of their children? Do they have full dominion?

Do I own all the carbon dioxide I exhale and set free to its own devices? Or do I bear responsibility for my actions and inaction?

Is Dr. Frankenstein responsible for the effects that creating his monster unleashed? Does he own his monster without its consent?

Give the reasons why it is "lunacy" that one questions the legitimacy of your arguments and reasons?
I gave some specific points, and you switched the argument to "specially plead" that I'm a Lunatic if I question the legitimacy and Kingdom politics of a Deist or Abrahamic Deity.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:13 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Of course its legit--for his creation. It boggles the mind to suggest God has no dominion over his creation.
It does not boggle at all it just can't be asserted without some justification. If he has dominion where is he - he aint doing a good job of stewardship. Which brings me to this point - I thought he gave dominion to us, which makes perfect post-hoc sense - now he can blame us for reality not being paradise. What a convenient doctrine!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
What is that?

Considering Zeus, Oden, Gitche Manitou are not creator Gods, nor are they the topic of this thread, that's kind of irrelevant.

Again--I ask you. On what grounds? Your morality is subjective. It has no authority over anyone but you.
Technically Zeus (the 6th born-god of 6, ABGDEZHT...) was said to be omnipresent and omniscient and have ordered the creation of man through the son of one of his conquered enemies (Prometheus a.k.a. Forethought)'s actions upon clay and the breath of the daughter that Zeus himself thought into existence Athena (Wisdom).

In Latin, Thursday is named after Zeus. His name in Latin, Jupiter, means Father-God. His Greek name, Zeus, is a joining of the 6th letter to the end of the word "theos."

Odin (a.k.a "spirit" as in "excitation" or "motivation") was said to be the Allfather of the gods and ruler of Heaven, he is the Guide of souls (in the same and more senses than the "Holy Spirit"), the grandson of the first god, Producer: who was set free from his unmoved nature by a Primordial beast, which sprang from the rime of unmoved melting existence and sustained itself by eating the substance of the unmoved, i.e. what was causing the first eternal god "Producer" not to act earlier.

In English, Wednesday is named after Odin, and Thursday after his son, Thor.

On what grounds do you Vizio, question the "truthiness" of these ancient peoples' metaphors and parables?

To them, the Jewish god of Israel and his immortal yet "in no way gods" angel offspring simply don't exist, so how can YHWH have legitimacy?

Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong.

Yea, maybe here on CD Forum R/S, but not heaven, I will be with the Lord, that is my destination, there is only one way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality