Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:01 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Hello aqualung, I'm not a freemason, but I respect and admire all paths to God, is it that important to know my religion? I'll say it if requested hehehe, but what matters is to be in love, because if you are in love you are in God and God's in you
No, it is not important to know what your religion is,that is something that I believe is not necessary. We are all brothers and sisters under the same universe,that's all that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
No, it is not important to know what your religion is,that is something that I believe is not necessary. We are all brothers and sisters under the same universe,that's all that matters.
Amen to that bro!!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:22 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
I agree we are all brothers and sisters in a universe that desires us each to live happy, joyous, and free. It bothers me though when healing teachings like those that FreeMasonry offers are made available only to men and not women. ????? In an earlier day I could see, but why still now? The other half of the human race could benefit! Fortunately for me this has not been a problem because there are other routes to receive the teachings that I avail myself of that are not exclusionary in this way.

But....why no women?

Old 12-24-2007, 06:00 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
I agree we are all brothers and sisters in a universe that desires us each to live happy, joyous, and free. It bothers me though when healing teachings like those that FreeMasonry offers are made available only to men and not women. ????? In an earlier day I could see, but why still now? The other half of the human race could benefit! Fortunately for me this has not been a problem because there are other routes to receive the teachings that I avail myself of that are not exclusionary in this way.

But....why no women?
You'd love guruji's teachings DiamonD.

it's 100% divine cosmic mother, my favorite way to connect to God btw.

it was the mother who created me, with her infinite unconditional love, and she created me with pure feeling, to love and be loved, and in that unconditional love be reunited again.

the heavenly father is wisdom, is strenght, but the divine mother is love and compassion.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:13 PM

[quote=DiamondD;2328769]I agree we are all brothers and sisters in a universe that desires us each to live happy, joyous, and free. It bothers me though when healing teachings like those that FreeMasonry offers are made available only to men and not women. ????? In an earlier day I could see, but why still now? The other half of the human race could benefit! Fortunately for me this has not been a problem because there are other routes to receive the teachings that I avail myself of that are not exclusionary in this way.

But....why no women?[/quote

DiamondD, let me give you a little bit of history about there being no women Freemasons. It started right after The Grand Lodge of England was formed in 1717, this is when all of the small lodges came together to form one big Grand Lodge, and then a Dr. Anderson wrote the rules and regulations for the Grand Lodge, he was commissioned by the elected Grand Lodge officers at that time to do this in 1726, Dr. Anderson, when he wrote the rules and regulations for that Grand Lodge decided to write women right out of the fraternity, you see prior to that, for almost 350 years women were a very important part of the lodges, some of them even served as masters of a Lodge, but these were single lodges that were under no grand Lodge jurisdiction until 1717, and Dr. Anderson, at that point in time did not feel that women should be part of the fraternity, you see Dr. Anderson was the Reverend Dr. Anderson, he was a minister and felt that women should stay home and take care of the house and not bother themselves with matters of the Masonic lodges. Now today there are all women lodges in England, France, and even here in the United States, there are also co-masonry in Canada some northern states and throughout Europe, it's just that you don't hear so much about them. In 2001 I served as Wise Master of the Evangelist Chapter of Rose Croix, in Washington, DC, and I'm the only Wise Master to ever invite an all women's Masonic Lodge to one of my meetings and no one has done it since, I believe we do ourselves a great disservice by not realizing that women can play just as an important part in our fraternity as the men do.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:47 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,720 times
Quote:
another fellow traveling man, brother
Good to meet you, brother! Which lodge are you from? It's been 11 years since I was raised, and I went both ways. You should check out Second Life, we have a nice presence there.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Good to meet you, brother! Which lodge are you from? It's been 11 years since I was raised, and I went both ways. You should check out Second Life, we have a nice presence there.
It is good also to meet you brother, we have traveled the same road. Only I did it 4 years earlier than you, I'm 32nd° KCCH, Valley of Washington, DC. Past Wise Master, Evangelist Chapter of Rose Croix, Past Master, National Stansberry Dawson Lodge #12, St. John's Lodge# 11, Charter Master, General George C. Marshall Lodge #55
Past Master, Convass B. Dean Memorial Lodge, President of the 1999 Masters and Wardens Association, and served as a Grand Lodge Officer for the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC for 3 years, and a Knights Templar. I will check out the site, thank you brother.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:12 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post

But....why no women?
today there are all women lodges in England, France, and even here in the United States...I'm the only Wise Master to ever invite an all women's Masonic Lodge to one of my meetings and no one has done it since, I believe we do ourselves a great disservice by not realizing that women can play just as an important part in our fraternity as the men do.
This is heartening to hear. If there are women Masonic Lodges, why do the Masonic pages I've gone to say only men? Or are they called something else? How does one find out about the women's lodges? Thank you for the post and for taking an expansive progressive view. That is one thing I have always admired about many of the indigenous traditions in this country, women were held in regard and included in far-reaching matters.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
This is heartening to hear. If there are women Masonic Lodges, why do the Masonic pages I've gone to say only men? Or are they called something else? How does one find out about the women's lodges? Thank you for the post and for taking an expansive progressive view. That is one thing I have always admired about many of the indigenous traditions in this country, women were held in regard and included in far-reaching matters.
it is possible that you're not putting in the right information to be able to find what your looking for I have sent you a website and some information that you can put into your search engine and hopefully this will help.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:01 PM

356 posts, read 1,129,311 times
I was in Job's Daughters as a youth which moves up to Eastern Star for adult women (I didn't stay with it though) and they are the counter part to the masonic lodge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality