Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM

484 posts, read 882,031 times

Advertisements

I'm aware that the Bible states that Jesus rose from the dead, but is there any other evidence or suggestions out there that suggest this is true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,099,785 times
There was a cell phone video, but it has been suppressed by international atheist conspiracy.

Actually, I'm unaware of anything in support. As matters stand, we have a claim which got passed around orally for three or four decades before being codified in print by non eyewitnesses. Come to think of it, the claim itself may not have originated until decades after the supposed event.

And that's, as the Duke used to say, about the size of it.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:11 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,173,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
I'm aware that the Bible states that Jesus rose from the dead, but is there any other evidence or suggestions out there that suggest this is true?
4 Gospels written about it, an empty tomb, lack of body, hundreds of witnesses, men who chose to die because they had seen him alive and wouldn't recant....

Old 12-08-2013, 06:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,173,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
There was a cell phone video, but it has been suppressed by international atheist conspiracy.

Actually, I'm unaware of anything in support. As matters stand, we have a claim which got passed around orally for three or four decades before being codified in print by non eyewitnesses. Come to think of it, the claim itself may not have originated until decades after the supposed event.

And that's, as the Duke used to say, about the size of it.
At least 3 of the Gospel writers most likely were eyewitnesses.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,863,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
I'm aware that the Bible states that Jesus rose from the dead...
My Bible doesn't say that.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,099,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
In that the actual identities of the authors of the gospels are unknown, you are in no position to state the probability of them being eyewitnesses to an alleged event which took place more than three decades before they began writing. The assigning of the four names, done to honor the apostles, not to identify authorship, did not take place until the 2nd Century CE.

You really do not know the history of the gospels, the history of the early spread of Christianity or what the world of Jesus was like in the 1st Century CE, do you? If you did, you would not be making nonsensical assertions such as the above.

Of course I invite you to present your evidence, an invitation I have extended to you on numerous occasions, and one which you have yet to accept.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM

63,741 posts, read 40,011,679 times
Quote:
What University did you do your studies in Vizio? As a pastor you should know better than to believe that.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,006,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
My Bible doesn't say that.
JB?...John Bush?...

Old 12-08-2013, 06:37 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,059,759 times
Quote:
4 Gospels written about it, an empty tomb, lack of body, hundreds of witnesses, men who chose to die because they had seen him alive and wouldn't recant....
And that hasn't happened for other religions and cults? I think it has. The gospels evidence is supposedly witness accounts of non-identical meeting "that might be Jesus, even though it looks like a different person" (I don't think anyone died because they saw Jesus resurected yet weren't believers in his political and religious movement). Jews were persecuting Christians before the pagans did, and it wasnt because the pharasee Jews wanted to rebuke an idea they themselves believed in, bodily resurrection. They Jews were persecuting blasphemers, insulters, heretics, cultists, and trouble-makers: a bunch of those who fit simply happened to be political Christians. Did Jews not also die by refusing to recant when the Christians came after them? Nothing else was written?

The earliest gospels didn't include the holy birth nor the resurrection and ended at the mystery of an empty tomb, and the possibility that Jesus' human body ascended into heaven. It's unlikely that they forgot to mention the other important parts that he might have cone back to continue teaching in non-identical bodies.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-08-2013 at 06:51 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 06:42 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,863,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
JB?...John Bush?...
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality