Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:43 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times

Advertisements

While I don't necessarily condone their actions entirety, I fully support those women and wish them the best.

There was a story a few years back in some South American country where a nine year-old girl was raped and impregnated by either her father or step-father (I can't remember which). Of course the girl and her family - including the father - were Catholics.

The girl and her mother wanted an abortion not just because the girl had been raped, and by a family member, no less. They also wanted an abortion because this girl's child-body was simply incapable of giving birth safely. So here we have BOTH of the most valid reasons for an abortion existing simultaneously in this one girl's circumstance and yet the Church still said no - they would both be excommunicated if an abortion was sought.

I believe the girl did end up getting an abortion and yes she and her mother were both excommunicated.

But perhaps the most despicable part of this entire story is that the father, who committed rape AND pedophilia AND possibly incest (if he was her biological father), was not even mildly chastised by the Church nor was he even threatened with excommunication.

Seriously, what the eff is wrong with these people? Though it should come as no surprise given how misogynistic all of these Bronze Age desert religions always were. Why should being in the 21st Century spoil a fun time of primitive savagery?

So I say to those breast-baring, spray-painting women: "YOU GO, GIRLS!"

Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Quite right.

On the bright side, at least they've refrained from the assorted shootings and bombings (resulting in several deaths), arsons, and miscellaneous vandalisms common in anti-abortion violence in the United States and elsewhere by anti-abortion terrorists.
What are you talking about? Several deaths? Do you have a link on all those abortionists or pregnant women who were killed?

After you are through I will post about Gosnell and all the women and babies he killed. He went for years and years unabated by the law who looked the other way.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
While I don't necessarily condone their actions entirety, I fully support those women and wish them the best.

There was a story a few years back in some South American country where a nine year-old girl was raped and impregnated by either her father or step-father (I can't remember which). Of course the girl and her family - including the father - were Catholics.

The girl and her mother wanted an abortion not just because the girl had been raped, and by a family member, no less. They also wanted an abortion because this girl's child-body was simply incapable of giving birth safely. So here we have BOTH of the most valid reasons for an abortion existing simultaneously in this one girl's circumstance and yet the Church still said no - they would both be excommunicated if an abortion was sought.

I believe the girl did end up getting an abortion and yes she and her mother were both excommunicated.

But perhaps the most despicable part of this entire story is that the father, who committed rape AND pedophilia AND possibly incest (if he was her biological father), was not even mildly chastised by the Church nor was he even threatened with excommunication.

Seriously, what the eff is wrong with these people? Though it should come as no surprise given how misogynistic all of these Bronze Age desert religions always were. Why should being in the 21st Century spoil a fun time of primitive savagery?

So I say to those breast-baring, spray-painting women: "YOU GO, GIRLS!"
I can't believe that part---do you have a link and by a site that isn't a hate site against the church?

Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Did you know that a group of ultra-traditional Catholics recently disrupted the annual service in Buenos Aires to honor the victims of Kristallnacht? It's attended by Jews, Catholics and Protestants. The group shouted the rosary in the middle of an inter-faith service to honor the victims of that horrible night. They were upset that Jews were in a Catholic church. Among other things.

The service is one of Pope Francis' favorites. And a a group of Catholics chose to dishonor the memories of men and women who were murdered by the Nazi's by the millions. That's much more disgusting to me than a group of women baring their breasts and making a group of men uncomfortable.

Your thoughts? If you, or anyone else, posted videos on CD of a group of Argentine Catholics shouting the rosary during a service to honor murdered Jews I've missed it.
Do you have a link or just word of mouth?

Old 12-11-2013, 10:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do you have a link or just word of mouth?
Check Arg's post - #30 in this thread.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 PM

Default I wonder why you didn't post this one? You can see the current Pope in this video

Hanukkah 2012: Argentine Catholics and Jews celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas together - YouTube

Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I can't believe that part---do you have a link and by a site that isn't a hate site against the church?
I'll try to find one when I can log in with my PC. I'm posting with a Kindle right now and I haven't learned how to post links, highlight text and other things yet with this thing.

I remember this story actually made national news when it happened so this isn't about sites hating on the Church.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I'll try to find one when I can log in with my PC. I'm posting with a Kindle right now and I haven't learned how to post links, highlight text and other things yet with this thing.

I remember this story actually made national news when it happened so this isn't about sites hating on the Church.
Nine-Year-Old's Abortion Outrages Brazil's Catholic Church - TIME

I think it might be this one.

I agree with you though, this is what happens when Catholics rape, and molest kids, then try and act just with their God about gays and abortion. It's going to end somehow. People just won't put up with that crap forever. The end of the "church" dictating society is near.

A lot of gays get attacked over there regardless of the government going against the church in recognizing same sex marriage.

This Gay Activist Was Beaten and Now He Has a Message For Every Young Person Interested in Change - PolicyMic

Doesn't help that the Argentinian Pope, Francis said this:
"Pope Francis is a conservative who is anti-gay marriage and anti-gay adoption. He has described same-sex marriage as the work of the devil and a “destructive attack on God’s plan.” He has also said that gay adoption is a form of discrimination against children"

He's trying to cause this fight, and looks like it's a fight he will get this time around.

Pope Francis Against Gay Marriage, Gay Adoption

Old 12-12-2013, 12:54 AM

Where does it say they gave the rapist a pass? I don't think I would believe everything Time writes anyway.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:00 AM

Default From the article on gay marriage---

In 2010, Francis championed against a bill for same-sex marriage and gay adoption, according to the National Catholic Register.

“[T]he Argentine people will face a situation whose outcome can seriously harm the family," he wrote to the four monasteries in Argentina. "At stake is the identity and survival of the family: father, mother and children. At stake are the lives of many children who will be discriminated against in advance, and deprived of their human development given by a father and a mother and willed by God. At stake is the total rejection of God’s law engraved in our hearts.”

He went on to describe it as a "‘move’ of the Father of Lies who seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God" and asked for lawmakers to "not act in error." In John 8:44, the Father of Lies is the devil."

So being concerned for the breakdown of the family is bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality