Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:10 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
You must be single.
Great argument like post #11 - NOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:11 PM

995 posts, read 953,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
The Internet delivers information, and while it is not 100% vetted, curated, and accurate, it is still far easier and cheaper to fact-check and research than it ever was before. This can never be good news for those who advise against trusting in "your own understanding", as if that were somehow ignoble and misleading and inferior to "just believe what I say".

As TroutDude pointed out, it's arguably less a problem for more liberal Christians and less stridently dogmatic religions like Buddhism, but I have to believe that it ultimately poses real challenges for the acceptance of anything for which there is not empirical evidence.

Actually, what we are doing on this site IS Hinduism. We log on and we create the deity on this site. We are creating spirits of ourselves, or wish to be. I believe that the Norse deity Odin and his story is a prophecy of future online religious debate. Odin created warrior deities to fight in Ragnarok, which is what I believe we are doing online in peaceful debate. We are engaging in battles of the Gods here online. Odin knows he is going to die (get banned) but he still hand picks his deities to fight it out. Odin believes that everything is in a cycle, nothing is linear, and that Ragnarok is at the end times to the cycle of the Gods. It is time for Gods to die. Odin's deities will also die, but a new beginning of a new era of the Gods will be born, and according to the prophecy, it will be a peaceful one.

Last edited by Rider's Pantheon; 12-22-2013 at 08:42 PM..

Old 12-22-2013, 08:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,508,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Great argument like post #11
fixed it for you. And I agree. A hobby of mine. Have a glass of wine and enjoy the evening.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:27 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
fixed for you. And I agree. A hobby of mine. Have a glass of wine and enjoy the evening.
Who said I was not enjoying it?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
fixed it for you. And I agree. A hobby of mine. Have a glass of wine and enjoy the evening.
Hmmmm! A hobby of making bad arguments - interesting - have not tried that yet. Maybe after that wine.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:43 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,034,469 times
Quote:

You do need to lighten up and have fun in places like this. If it ain't fun, why do it? No one wins here, you just get to spout off and vent. And as a side note. The closed minded quote is a fabrication of yours. Freudian slip?
You have instructed us not to take your posting seriously. I find it fairly easy to comply with that.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:58 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,508,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Hmmmm! A hobby of making bad arguments - interesting - have not tried that yet. Maybe after that wine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
You have instructed us not to take your posting seriously. I find it fairly easy to comply with that.
Hobbies are fun. Yet My posts are dead serious. And fun! You can ignore what I say. Your choice.

See here is the deal, you guys take this stuff here as life and death. I play on that. On my phone. No less! Come on..

Maybe atheists are without humour.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:04 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Hobbies are fun. Yet My posts are dead serious. And fun! You can ignore what I say. Your choice.

See here is the deal, you guys take this stuff here as life and death. I play on that. On my phone. No less! Come on..

Maybe atheists are without humour.
Now your changing your tune - what have I ignored that was so dead serious.

What you do and say I agree - it's play time - like kids in the sand box building sand castles. Easily refuted and knocked down like I am Godzilla. Weeeeeeeeeeee! Having Fun!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:15 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Some cling to religious belief because they feel it elevates them somehow.

And then they post....

Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 PM

278 posts, read 306,657 times
I said before, the internet is going to be a coffin nail for religion.
Religion will never completely die out though. Hope and salvation will always be bought and sold. But, I think religion is going to cease to be debated as an equal force to reasoning(not that it ever really was). They will have to rely on their only strong suit- faith and magical thinking. Their numbers are going to dwindle and they may likely be relegated to small pockets of resistance.
The Church is simply not going to be able to lie(Creationism and ID) it's way into survival. It's eventually going to have to stand on it's own merit. The day of judgement will soon be upon the church. snicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality