Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Do you have a fear of dying ? Does age have any bearing on this ? Is there anything comforting about death ?
I have a fear of dying before I have done what I want to do in my life. But do I have general fear of dying? No. Although I don't want to die tragically, or painfully. I would like to have it be peaceful. But unfortunately we don't get to chose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
For "GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD" that he gave himself for "ALL" his only son, that WHOSOEVER!

...If you make the choice not to believe in him..."Who say's I don't"

Jesus will tell so many. "Depart from Me, I never knew you. He's not saying he doesn't LOVE mankind and he certainly not rejecting mankind!
If someone finds themself standing before Christ, and He tells that someone "Depart from Me, I never knew you." Without question, that person is being rejected. And Jesus tells us, that on the day of judgement, most of mankind will be rejected in this way.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM

433 posts, read 963,917 times
i'm not necessarily afraid of "dying". I am however SAD that it will come to an end and the fact that it's so real!
i do wish that there was a heaven/hell but that simply sounds absurd.

Living your life to the fullest is nice and all.....but dying just sucks. lol i know that even if i'm completely satisfied with my life while on my death bed, i'll still wish it wasn't going to end.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,658 times
I don't care. People like to say I'll care when I get older, but I doubt it. It's not like I'm gonna know what I'm missing out on when I'm dead, so it won't matter.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If someone finds themself standing before Christ, and He tells that someone "Depart from Me, I never knew you." Without question, that person is being rejected. And Jesus tells us, that on the day of judgement, most of mankind will be rejected in this way.
Those of mankind that will be rejected on the day of judgement are those that have lived a foul life and/or rejected their Creator or worship other creations or assign partners to the Creator...

Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I don't care. People like to say I'll care when I get older, but I doubt it. It's not like I'm gonna know what I'm missing out on when I'm dead, so it won't matter.
Ohh..but you will my friend...you will...Only by that time it will be too late.....no one can hear you scream in the cold damp earth

Old 07-13-2009, 01:15 PM

433 posts, read 963,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
yeah....and what happens if YOU find yourself before Allah and he goes...."Jesus was just a prophet. i'm the GOD! now burn in hell!"

what would YOU do/say?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
yeah....and what happens if YOU find yourself before Allah and he goes...."Jesus was just a prophet. i'm the GOD! now burn in hell!"

what would YOU do/say?

LoL

Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Some people have mentioned dying as taking a couple of last breaths and it's over. Well, that's true. Others mention (to the effect) of closing your eyes and peacefully slipping away. When someone close to us, or someone we know dies, we often comfort ourself by saying he/she is at peace and in a much better place now. But it's also a way of blocking out the stark reality of how that person died, or what they went through before they died.

Death itself isn't something that's fearful. The problem is that dying isn't always a peaceful, relaxing, comfortable process. Perhaps the exception would be if you are unconscious until you die. But there are many ways of dying that can be extremely painful. Some people can suffer from pain for a very long time before they die, such as accidents, disease, fatal acts of violence, etc. Even for those who endure the process for a short time can still feel the physical pain. It may be that such intense levels of pain might cause a person to welcome death than to continue on.

The point is that a person might look forward to a blissful afterlife after death, but close their eyes to the actual process of dying. It's easy to say I will go when it's my time to go. That's fine, but if there's a concern at all, it's not so much when you go, as it is how you go. It could be quick, but there may be that instantaneous moment of extreme pain before it's over.

Death is a very natural thing, as natural as being born. There's no choice in the matter. It will happen to everyone, sooner or later. It's not being dead that's a concern. It's the process of how you will physically die that's unknown. It'd be great if it was just some kind of peaceful transition, like falling asleep and never wake up. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen like that.

The only thing we actually know is the experience of what it's like to be alive. What it's like to be dead is speculation about the unknown. I know, people have their beliefs about what's beyond the doorway of death. And that's okay. But belief is something you experience in your thoughts while you're still alive. For most people, there is an instinctive desire to somehow survive. When we think about the fact that we will die, although there's nothing you can to to prevent it from happening, it's not unusual for a person to want or hope to survive with some kind of life beyond death.

I think it helps to have a certain balance in our views. We know we will eventually die, and we can accept that. But life itself is still very much worth living. As long as we're here, we should try make the very most out of it as best we can.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:58 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,072 times
Only the pain that comes before. Not the actual moment!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality