Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:14 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well hello, SoCalledAngel...sorry, just playing with words...its Southern California Angel, I know, Well, when I started a thread that there are other places to hear from Jesus other than the Bible...my thread was closed and the unnamed moderator said there was no place for the thread anywhere...not religion or anywhere. Whoa... You got more guts than me...I don't speak of the Other Side much in these parts! Nice to meetcha....
Hi there, Miss Hepburn. Nice meeting you, too. Just know that God gave me the "guts" to be here and to share these wonderful teachings from Jesus, who had the divine knowledge and power to go out into the world and share God's Divine Love. I'm sure Jesus appreciates this forum, because he wants the world to know the truth. So thank you, city-data for being here and allowing me and others to post as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 08:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
[quote=SoCalAngel2009;32750205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Here's Jesus' message referring to his birth and life up to the time of his public ministry. Well worth the read as it puts things into perspective about why he was born in a manger and why he was so close to God at an early age. His mother and father, Mary and Joseph, had no idea he was anything other than a regular child. It wasn't until later when he told them he believed he was the Messiah and even then they thought he was out of his mind! Which he wasn't.

Description of Birth and Life of Jesus Up to the Time of His Public Ministry
"I am here, Jesus; I want to write to you to-night about my birth and life up to the time of my public ministry. I was born in Bethlehem, as you know, in a manger, and when I was a few days old my parents took me to Egypt, in order to avoid the soldiers of Herod who were sent to destroy me, and who did kill a great number of male infants of less than two years of age."

All untrue. Since it is claimed as true, the message is absolutely false. That is as sure as the Nativity stories being provably unsound, unbelievable and untrue.

Thus the 'facts' that we are told from the presenters of these claims (it is - or was - I think he had been pushing up daisies for a while- very much a human 'medium') are utterly without credibility (nor is the 'spirit picture' I was fed some time ago. A studio pic. of the medium with a pretty obvious painted -on womans' face was just one more bit of rather unconvincing 'evidence').

I have no objection to the claims being made or the messages and links posted. But the truth is important. I do not like to be bamboozled. I feel obliged to present the counter -claim so that those who want to consider them, rather than swallow them whole or reject them out of hand, have somewhere to start.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:09 AM

[quote=AREQUIPA;32751501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

"I am here, Jesus; I want to write to you to-night about my birth and life up to the time of my public ministry. I was born in Bethlehem, as you know, in a manger, and when I was a few days old my parents took me to Egypt, in order to avoid the soldiers of Herod who were sent to destroy me, and who did kill a great number of male infants of less than two years of age."

All untrue. Since it is claimed as true, the message is absolutely false. That is as sure as the Nativity stories being provably unsound, unbelievable and untrue.

Thus the 'facts' that we are told from the presenters of these claims (it is - or was - I think he had been pushing up daisies for a while- very much a human 'medium') are utterly without credibility (nor is the 'spirit picture' I was fed some time ago. A studio pic. of the medium with a pretty obvious painted -on womans' face was just one more bit of rather unconvincing 'evidence').

I have no objection to the claims being made or the messages and links posted. But the truth is important. I do not like to be bamboozled. I feel obliged to present the counter -claim so that those who want to consider them, rather than swallow them whole or reject them out of hand, have somewhere to start.
How are you so sure these spirit writings from Jesus are untrue? One way I know them to be true is after reading the Prayer for Divine Love for about a month, I received it in my soul and have ever since. If it was a big falsehood, nothing would have happened.

Jesus tells us that his teachings are simple and one doesn't need a high level of intelligence to understand them. While he lived, Jesus was a man for the people and he helped those who had faith in him and in God. After his crucifixion, what did he do? He went to the Hells to tell those spirits there was a way to get out of there and they didn't have to suffer endlessly.

The studio pic wasn't of a medium, but rather a friend of his and the spirit is his soulmate.

We're getting way off topic here, but what exactly is your faith if you have one?

You are probably aware of Swedenborg. If so, he was a medium who Jesus connected with before Mr. Padgett, but his mission failed because Swedenborg was taken to the spirit world, saw Jesus and was convinced he was God! So that ended and Jesus continued his search for a person who would be more suitable for him to use as his instrument in revealing the truths.

"Some years ago... a selection was made of a man to declare these truths, and to him much power and spiritual knowledge were given, and even that power of leaving the body and visiting the world of spirits that he might see for himself the actual condition of things as they there existed, and to declare to mankind the results of his observations. And he did observe and declare many truths, but the difficulty in the way of his realizing the pure truth and interpreting the things which he saw, was that his mind was too much biased by what he had read and believed from the writings as contained in the Bible. And hence, his efforts failed to accomplish the great purpose intended by the mission given him. I am here referring to Swedenborg, the seer, as he was called."

Solomon Writes of Mr. Padgett's selection by Jesus

Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Ah, I remember when Constantine spoke to Padget....I can only parphrase at the moment....

With all the force I have in me I say to you ask for the
the Father's Divine Love.

It is the only thing that has the power to transform the soul.

And that has been my experience...no good deeds, no prayers, no spiritual books...no beliefs...tho all of them are wonderful...to actually transform "me"?....it took my
Father's Divine Love....not Jesus', tho his finger pointed the way.
I have started threads on other Forums more accepting just on Padget quotes...from John, Paul, Daniel, Jesus...

Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, why don't you have a look at one of them. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to send you both volumes one and two (free).

When I first read Jesus' messages, I knew it was him. Same with other people who are following his teachings. I've had three visits from him during the past five years, so I know for a fact... it's Jesus.
RESPONSE:

Really? Do you have visions of other things too?

How do you know it was Jesus?

Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
What in the wide world of sports is divine knowledge and what epistemological framework can one possibly use to validate it?
RESPONSE:

Divine knowledge would be the knowledge of God.

If, for example, Jesus actually claimed that he would return during the lifetime of his original followers and he did, that would probably qualify for divine knowledge.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:08 AM

[quote=SoCalAngel2009;32736565][quote=ancient warrior;32733347]

It's from Luke:

Countless Changes Have Been Made in the Copying and Recopying of the Original Manuscripts Left by the Disciples and Apostles of Jesus

Here's another one from Luke writing about the Holy Spirit:

"They, the adopted ones, were compiled from many writings, and as the compilers in those early times differed in their opinions as men do now respecting religious truths, the more powerful of these having authority to declare what should be accepted, according to their interpretations of those manuscripts that were being copied, directed the copies to be made in accord with their ideas, and I may say, desires, and announced and put forth such productions to be true copies of the originals. And as these copies were successively made the preceding ones were destroyed, and hence, the earliest existing manuscripts of these Gospels came into being many years after the originals from which they were claimed to be compiled, were written and destroyed."

RESPONSE:

How do you know this writing is from Luke? Did he sign it? Who published it?

My friend Ralph says he receives visions too and is writing the Gospel according to Ralph. I heard that a Mrs Granger's Storm Door and Bible Publishing Company may market it. Will you believe everything Ralph says? What if he called himself Celestial Ralph?

Old 12-26-2013, 10:09 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
[quote=SoCalAngel2009;32751784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

How are you so sure these spirit writings from Jesus are untrue? One way I know them to be true is after reading the Prayer for Divine Love for about a month, I received it in my soul and have ever since. If it was a big falsehood, nothing would have happened.

Jesus tells us that his teachings are simple and one doesn't need a high level of intelligence to understand them. While he lived, Jesus was a man for the people and he helped those who had faith in him and in God. After his crucifixion, what did he do? He went to the Hells to tell those spirits there was a way to get out of there and they didn't have to suffer endlessly.

The studio pic wasn't of a medium, but rather a friend of his and the spirit is his soulmate.

We're getting way off topic here, but what exactly is your faith if you have one?

You are probably aware of Swedenborg. If so, he was a medium who Jesus connected with before Mr. Padgett, but his mission failed because Swedenborg was taken to the spirit world, saw Jesus and was convinced he was God! So that ended and Jesus continued his search for a person who would be more suitable for him to use as his instrument in revealing the truths.

"Some years ago... a selection was made of a man to declare these truths, and to him much power and spiritual knowledge were given, and even that power of leaving the body and visiting the world of spirits that he might see for himself the actual condition of things as they there existed, and to declare to mankind the results of his observations. And he did observe and declare many truths, but the difficulty in the way of his realizing the pure truth and interpreting the things which he saw, was that his mind was too much biased by what he had read and believed from the writings as contained in the Bible. And hence, his efforts failed to accomplish the great purpose intended by the mission given him. I am here referring to Swedenborg, the seer, as he was called."

Solomon Writes of Mr. Padgett's selection by Jesus
While claims of this kind need to be treated with caution, it is seeing a number of endorsements of Bible write that I am totally convinced are untrue that cpnvinces me that these messages cannot be given credence.

Thanks for reminding me that the sitter was a friend, not the medium. It was posted me as 'evidence' and I noted that the face of the spirit (soulmate - not spirit guide - as Linus says, "I'm never so stupid as when I'm being smart." I noted that the lines of the face were broader and more coarse and sketchy that the photo of the sitter. It looked to me like a pretty crude attempt to transfer a painted portrait - sketch (quite a good one) onto a proper photo. They were up to several tricks of that kind back in the days of the mediums.

Facts and sound logical reasoning is what I use. And I'm afraid that these messages do not come up to scratch.

Post them and make your claims by all means. I am only saying that I am also at liberty to say why I don't think think they add up. The people must judge. If I have a faith it is that people generally do want to believe that what they take to be true is founded on some reliable basis, not just on what one has brainwashed themselves with.

P.s I think we are barely on topic. This is about the question of whether Jesus (the man) can be credibly regarded as having divine knowledge. The Gospels is one body of evidence to be discussed, your spirit messages is another.

The Mods will decide.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Well, there is Divine Knowledge and then there is Knowledge of the Divine.
I have a lot of Knowledge of the Divine....do I have clairevoyant knowledge?
Sometimes, we all do.

I see for a high, advanced soul such as Jesus...you betcha he had knowledge of the Divine...which
caused him to say, the Father and I are one....I have said that many times...this is not some mystical
thing just for Jesus....this knowing the Mind of God, Self realization or experiencing
Reality is available to all of us.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Really? Do you have visions of other things too? How do you know it was Jesus?
When I meditate with my eyes closed, I see visions, which aren't dreams, 'cause I'm awake.

I was in an uplifted spiritual rapport and I felt his presence and I knew it was him, then he poured his love on me. His love is different than God's Divine Love. All three times, he did this, I cried my heart out and thanked him over and over. The fact that he even knows me is so humbling. I never call out to him or bother him, so his visits were totally unexpected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality