Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 01:44 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,032,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear Grandstander, Please inform us exactly how the Genesis account of the animals and humans proves humans transitioning from animals.

How you can get that from the true, historical account is quite disingenuous to the account.

Adam was formed from the soil of the earth as a fully mature human in one day. Then later, Adam was put to sleep and God operated on him, took out the femail sex organ (no it wasn't a rib, but a hollow angular organ) from him and built the woman around it from the soil. He didn't use parts of animals to form her. She was fully human that day she was made.
I wrote that the story was an allegory. Do you not know what an allegory is? Your question suggests that you do not. What you ask is akin to "How does the tale of the Three Little Pigs prove that humans are not as prepared as they should be for calamities?"

You seem to be insisting that the story be taken literally, and of course in order to do that one has to pretend that science has discovered nothing regarding the actual origins of humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:46 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Dear Grandstander, Please inform us exactly how the Genesis account of the animals and humans proves humans transitioning from animals.

How you can get that from the true, historical account is quite disingenuous to the account.

Adam was formed from the soil of the earth as a fully mature human in one day. Then later, Adam was put to sleep and God operated on him, took out the female sex organ (no it wasn't a rib, but a hollow angular organ) from him and built the woman around it from the soil. This is why, when their is coitus between a man and woman they are one. The two parts (one part of the man and the other taken from the man are joined as one again). He didn't use parts of animals to form her. She was fully human that day she was made.

Absolutely astounds me that in this age, people can still think the above is true.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,877,650 times
The OP has told us a lot about himself, and it isn't good.

In the first place, God created them perfect, so they understood sex, where all the parts went and the idea of the birth of children. Second, the words you are questioning were written by Moses under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, some 1400+ years ago. They were not written at creation and probably not spoken by Adam or Eve.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,032,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post

In the first place, God created them perfect, so they understood sex, where all the parts went and the idea of the birth of children. Second, the words you are questioning were written by Moses under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, some 1400+ years ago. They were not written at creation and probably not spoken by Adam or Eve.
And your evidence for any of the above?

Old 12-24-2013, 02:06 PM

18,228 posts, read 16,841,591 times
Quote:
Adam didn't say "For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother . . . ." Moses, the author of the true Genesis account is the one who came to that conclusion.

Could it be Adam and Eve were in the garden only a month? Then the temptation came and they then got booted out?

Try to use some common sense. It goes a long way.
Yes, I will.

I apologized earlier for getting this all wrong on the father and mother thing. I missed the missing quotation marks. It was indeed added later by whoever wrote Genesis.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM

18,228 posts, read 16,841,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Absolutely astounds me that in this age, people can still think the above is true.
Welllllllll......I don' know......I counted my ribs and then my wife's and it felt like I had one less than her......... Ever feel like you got shortchanged in life?

But I get the "hollow organ" part. Makes perfect sense.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:42 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,136,666 times
Quote:

In the first place, God created them perfect,
The text does not say that.
Quote:

so they understood sex, where all the parts went and the idea of the birth of children. Second, the words you are questioning were written by Moses under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, some 1400+ years ago. They were not written at creation and probably not spoken by Adam or Eve.
there is no reason to believe they weren't spoken by Adam.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,924,575 times
Quote:

Moses didn't live in 613 A.D. He lived around 1393 BCE according to the Jews.

I don't believe God created A & E perfect. He created them flesh knowing full well in advance that the flesh is not able to please God (Romans 8).

The Bible doesn't reveal to us they understood sex, where all the parts went and about the birth of children when they were created, unless, of course, they watched all the animals getting it on.

And what if (just for the sake of argument) A & E lived billions of years prior to Moses writing about them? Just how does that prove Moses got his facts wrong? Why can't God tell him exactly how He did it all? I believe He did. You believe He didn't. So what? I can't scientifically prove my side and neither can you.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
We get the idea, based on the numerous hare-brained goofs found in the story of creation, that its writers weren't the brightest bulbs in the room. Is this yet another one? I've never heard it mentioned even though it stands out like a sore thumb.

Now how in creation did Adam know anything about fathers and mothers since he never had them?
And if he knew about sex, that's pretty obviously, then how come he and Eve never had any children while they were in the garden?
The goof is to read the story literally. It's not a story about how humans physically came to be, it's actually about what it means to be human in the first place.

In the story, Adam and Eve existed in a state of "ignorance is bliss" basically on the same level as other animals. Once they partook of the "tree of knowledge" they were elevated in consciousness to that of a standard human being, becoming subject to all the consequences which come from it, both good and bad.

In other words, the ancient writers correctly placed the birth of humanity at the point when human consciousness became fully realized and what that means to every conscious human being. They used an otherwise fluffy story to illustrate it, but it's no tale written by idiot goat herders just for fun.

The important lesson of the story is to realize that being a sentient human being with all that extra stuff going on in our heads carries dire consequences which we all must come to terms with... and perhaps the most difficult of those consequences is our ability to foresee the general path of our future (we all know that barring an accident, we are gonna go though the cycle of life from youth to maturity to old age and inevitably die).

The stupid ones are not the writers of the story but the religious folks who have interpreted it wrongly as an actual event and the anti-religious folks who like to laugh at the religious folks for believing it was an actual event without trying to understand the philosophical meaning of the story themselves.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:39 AM

63,568 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The goof is to read the story literally. It's not a story about how humans physically came to be, it's actually about what it means to be human in the first place.

In the story, Adam and Eve existed in a state of "ignorance is bliss" basically on the same level as other animals. Once they partook of the "tree of knowledge" they were elevated in consciousness to that of a standard human being, becoming subject to all the consequences which come from it, both good and bad.

In other words, the ancient writers correctly placed the birth of humanity at the point when human consciousness became fully realized and what that means to every conscious human being. They used an otherwise fluffy story to illustrate it, but it's no tale written by idiot goat herders just for fun.

The important lesson of the story is to realize that being a sentient human being with all that extra stuff going on in our heads carries dire consequences which we all must come to terms with... and perhaps the most difficult of those consequences is our ability to foresee the general path of our future (we all know that barring an accident, we are gonna go though the cycle of life from youth to maturity to old age and inevitably die).

The stupid ones are not the writers of the story but the religious folks who have interpreted it wrongly as an actual event and the anti-religious folks who like to laugh at the religious folks for believing it was an actual event without trying to understand the philosophical meaning of the story themselves.
Ah Grasshopper . . . you have come a long way, my friend. Your insights are multiplying faster than day flies! Cannot rep you yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality