U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:50 PM

1,141 posts, read 378,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Watch the movie " Naked Lunch ", and see if it changes your perspective of bugs.
I took my friend to see that movie and during one scene he turned to me and said "oh great - a bug getting his freak on. You owe me $5."

Old Today, 05:51 PM

3,476 posts, read 2,370,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Anyone who believes humans are just animals would be committing mass murder if you exterminate insects and you also support slavery if you pay money to visit a zoo.

Thankfully, we are not animals so there is no moral conflict with killing animals out of necessity because they have no soul and are cursed to die anyways like us. If you distill our live here in quantitative measurement of suffering then such killing could be justified if the species is causing suffering to the greater population.
Is death really a curse? Someone once remarked if we could live forever we would one day tire of it.

As to the OP, we can't avoid stepping on bugs, but we can always try to revere life to the best of our abilities.

Old Today, 06:46 PM

10,400 posts, read 4,384,863 times
Quote:
Anyone who believes humans are just animals would be committing mass murder if you exterminate insects and you also support slavery if you pay money to visit a zoo.
Welcome to reality. However it's not mass murder when it comes to protecting ourselves and other animals and plants from invading insects, bacteria and viruses.
Quote:
Thankfully, we are not animals
Out of touch with reality. Humans are animals.
Quote:
so there is no moral conflict with killing animals out of necessity because they have no soul and are cursed to die anyways like us.
You have no idea what a moral conflict entails, especially claiming that the hominoids have souls but no other animal does.

You don't even know if hominoids have souls thus you can't speak that plant and other animal species have no souls.

You are one of the most morally bankrupt posters I've ever come across.

Last edited by Matadora; Today at 06:54 PM..

Old Today, 06:49 PM

11,269 posts, read 4,387,630 times
all this over bugs. that's the problem. no balance in some.

Old Today, 08:12 PM

10,574 posts, read 10,580,079 times
Thread closed while we think about whether it is worth having open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality