Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 06:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't need to.

You've done an excellent job of doing it yourself. The LGBT community should send you flowers.
Ha! There's truth there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I suggest you continue to try to make your case that anyone is being denied equal rights. The Constitution is blind to the concept of sexual preferences.
A male can marry a female but a female can not marry a female = discrimination based on gender.
A black can marry a black but a black can not marry a white = discrimination based on race.

It really isn't hard to understand.

As a homosexual woman I can marry a man. My homosexuality does not prevent me from marrying.
As a homosexual woman I can not marry a woman my GENDER prevents me from marrying.

Race and GENDER are both protected classes.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:08 PM

28,092 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
What you have failed to do is to prove that homosexuality is equivalent to skin color. It deserves no special rights or protections because it's not based on a genetic trait.
Vizio, I would appreciate your telling me about your decision to be heterosexual. What made you decide to be attracted to women instead of men? How old were you when this happened? And what factors went into your final choice?

Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
The gospel is an offense to Mankind. Jesus states that He is the cornerstone. All that believe on Him will not be ashamed. All that fall on the stone will be ground to powder.

The Jews attempted to be righteous by way of the Law. Their Pride (and ours also) was our worst enemy. They did not see the Holiness of God and how they fell short of God's glory. In other words, they did not see that they were SINNERS.

Sinner just means one misses the Mark. The mark is Holiness - PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS. We've ALL fallen short, and therefore ALL need forgiveness through JESUS Christ. IF God is Holy and Just, HOW does He Justify you and me (sinners). Only to have the Justice of God placed on innocent blood, Jesus Christ, so the guilty can be set free.

This ultimately brings glory to GOD for demonstrating His kindness and love for us. God's ways are above our ways. How does an infinite God demonstrate His love for His fallen creatures?

The cross of JESUS Christ. By suffering as a sinner IN OUR PLACE. That's love. That's why there is NO CHANCE OF FORGIVENESS outside of JESUS Christ.

Without Jesus there is NO HOPE.

The Pharisees/Saduccees ultimately did not come to Christ for the same reason so many others won't. Pride. They fell at that stumbling stone and are ground to powder.

Them like all others who reject Jesus Christ will face Him as their Judge at the Great White Throne Judgment as opposed to Him as their Savior at the Bema Seat of Christ.

It will be a TERRIFYING DAY on the day of Judgment as the secrets of the heart will be displayed openly for all to see. We ALL desperately need forgiveness through Jesus Christ. The offer is there for any who will come.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:00 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
In Utah polygamy was outlawed. Despite the objections of some fundamentalist mormons, they were not allowed to be married to multiple spouses.

What you have failed to do is to prove that homosexuality is equivalent to skin color. It deserves no special rights or protections because it's not based on a genetic trait.

The following are, to various degrees, protected classes under Equal Protection:
Race
Religion (Not genetic)
National origin (Not genetic)
Disability (Not necessarily genetic)
Age (Not genetic)
Wealth (Not genetic)
Political preference/affiliation (Not genetic)
Felon status (Not genetic)
Where one votes (Not genetic - this one us actually rather absurd, but it was the basis for the Bush v. Gore decision, which ruled that all voters in a state are due, per Equal Protection, to have their votes counted in a uniform matter; in other words, by hand statewide, by machine statewide, by standard statewide. Notwithstanding, this ruling was considering so absurd even by the Supremes that made it that they waved stare decises at the end of the ruling, thereby demanding that their own ruling never be used ever again in another similar situation).

And I've probably missed a class or two. No matter, I've proved my point - that your claim that Equal Protection must be based on genetic traits is simply not true. I have no idea why you keep making assertions that are demonstrably false. In so doing, you merely undermine your own credibility. Are you genuinely ignorant (and if so, why not verify that the words flying from your fingers bear some semblance to, you know, reality?), or are you just hoping no one knows or figures out that you're peddling false claims?

Quote:
Frankly, it's getting old. You don't get to tell us what "marriage" is. You have yet to provide a decent argument for your position other than "change is good".
In fact, yes, we do.

We are talking about civil marriage. Civil marriage is whatever we decide it is, through our ballots and through the decisions made (or not made) by those we elect and by the judges nominated and confirmed by those we elect.

Quote:
Again--no one is denying anyone a right. Gay people have exactly the same rights I do. I can't marry a person of the same gender, either.
Wrong again.

Laws banning same-sex marriage laws in this country do not deny you the ability to marry someone of the gender to which you are naturally attracted. But they do deny that right to a gay person. Hence, those laws specifically discriminate against gays.

Allowing a gay man or woman to marry someone of the opposite sex is no more useful than allowing a Christian to attend mosque or pray towards Mecca five times a day. Yet, by your feeble attempt at logic, Christians and Muslims in Saudi Arabia are treated equally, because they're all equally allowed to practice Islam and all equally prohibited from practicing Christianity.

By the way, in 1967 the Commonwealth of Virginia made the same nonsensical claim before the United States Supreme Court in defending their ban on interracial marriage. They pointed out that all Virginians were equally banned from marrying members of another race. The seriousness with which the USSC took this argument is revealed in their 9-0 ruling against Virginia.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Fine post Unsettomati, however, we've been pestering poor Viz with logic for quite some time now without making the slightest dent in his immunity.

I suspect your effort will fail as well.

(And Katz, you're going to love his responses if he uses the same ones he did when I finally pinned him down with those q's.)

Old 01-09-2014, 08:19 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
Again---you need to explain how that is an issue.
What the hell?

So let's say I'm gay and I'm traveling through Kentucky with my partner of 20 years. With us is OUR son who is 8 years old. While he is the biological son of my partner, he is our son and we have both raised him since birth. Let's say we get into a car accident and my partner is critically injured. Because we're not married, I have NO rights to visit my partner in the hospital - I'm not considered "immediate family." Nor do I have the authority to make life-saving decisions regarding her medical care. Instead, they would have to dig up some relative who may either be hundreds of miles away OR who might not even care about her because, like you, that relative loathes homosexuals and has written her out of his life years ago.

And what of the child? According to the law, I'm just a person and no more legally entitled to care for our son than a complete stranger. So instead of our son staying with me while my partner recovers, he might have to stay with some relative he hasn't even met. Worse still is if my partner should die, our son would end up staying with some other blood relative permanently - or worse, end up in foster care.

And you're going to sit here and tell me this isn't an ISSUE? Moderator cut: deleted due to insulting other member.

Quote:
I can't decide to become a "couple" with another man, regardless of whether I like to have sex with him or not. I can't decide to have 3 wives and have the same benefits with all of them. Why should I be able to?
Have you ever called someone and mistaken the answering machine for a live person, so you start talking to it? Well, that's what this conversation is like. It is quite obvious you're not listening. You're not even taking in what I say - or what anyone else says. The fact that you have once again reduced homosexuality to a mere sex act has told me all that I need to know about your capacity for processing new information. I think you actually have a defense mechanism against homosexuality because it violates your blissful reality to such an extent that you're incapable of learning about the subject or integrating ideas that are contrary to what some hatemonger told you early in life. Man, whoever got a hold of you should work for the government to brainwash political criminals - or work for a marketing firm.

There's really no point in even addressing your issue about "deciding" if you can't even get past the sex act. I find it utterly hysterical that it bothers you so much that you can't stop thinking about it - like a passerby transfixed by a train wreck.

Quote:
Why shouldn't I be able to buy a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher at 7/11? If we are a truly free society...
Really? I mean REALLY? I shouldn't even HAVE to refute this point given how ridiculous it is. As soon as gay marriage blows up a building, your comparison has no place in this conversation. It isn't even worth the keystrokes to discuss.

Quote:
Again--no one is denying anyone a right. Gay people have exactly the same rights I do. I can't marry a person of the same gender, either.
I'm waiting to hear the beep after your words ... like an answering machine recording. I've explained why this isn't true at least twice and I have no desire to waste my time answering it a third time. It's already quite apparent that you're not going to listen to me anyhow.

Quote:
You do need to demonstrate a need for changing the definition of an establishment such as marriage. No one is being denied any "rights".
Yeah, this is the nature of tyranny. As long as it isn't happening to YOU, there is no tyranny - especially if you agree with the tenats of the tyrant. Some people are fully incapable of empathy and are so self-absorbed that as long as THEY aren't being bothered by a tyrant, let tyranny reign!

I know, you're going to repeat your earlier claim and say that how it affects you is irrelevant. Yeah, that's easy to say when the status quo doesn't affect you - but then again, neither does gay marriage, so I wonder what's REALLY at the heart of your defense, hmm?

Quote:
Frankly, I skimmed over the rest of your post and it's just more of the same. You're making assumptions and arguing that you're right...we're wrong, and obviously we're too bigoted to know why your side is smarter than every previous generation of human history. Yay. It's so wonderful to have an intellectual argument!
Heh, there's more "projecting" going on in your posts than in all the movie theaters in Los Angeles.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-12-2014 at 07:01 AM..

Old 01-09-2014, 08:23 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
Religion is not based on a genetic trait either, yet it has the same protected status as skin color.

Want to try again or are you tired of making easily refuted and silly arguments?

Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 PM

670 posts, read 815,252 times
Homosexuality is not a sin,
but restricting peoples freedoms is.

I get revelations from my hermaphrodite Goddess who is Jesus's father so I would know.(I am not joking by the way.)

Old 01-10-2014, 02:45 AM

650 posts, read 514,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You can always tell whose education has been centered around the American version of Christianity.

SMH. Must.vote.for.the.next.school.bond.measure.
Why are you encouraging and supporting something that causes so much disease and not only aids, also functionality problem's, why ? What are you leading people toward in a spirit forum anyway ? how is encouraging this thing good for mankind, exactly ? ( a non answer will be self explanatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality