Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
'All creation' is not evidence of a creator. I think all Atheists feel the same when talking to creationists! It is not for an atheist to show proof there is no God, but on you to prove there is a God. 'All creation' is not proof at all.

Plus, I must ask, which of the 3000 Gods do you believe in?
The last time I spoke to an Atheist, I took my hat and I said, I admire you because of your great faith. You believe as a Professor and a scientist that life as it exist has developed by chance. Now a scientist in the gen technique told me that a DNA is so complicated that it is impossible to develop by chance. He said it is like throwing Goethe's Faust out of a helicopter and down the loose pages gather as a book in the right order. Logic tells me you can try that some billion years, it will never happen. But if somebody things it can happen, in our time we have computers, we can program and ask the biggest one of them, if life can develop by chance. He will reply, no! Their is more evidence in nature, not only the question, what was first, the egg or the hen. If somebody is realistic, he can admit, that there is a creator.
Now to the question, which of the millions of Gods do I believe in? As an unbeliever I asked the creator God of heaven and earth some questions in prayer. 1. question: "Do you exist?"
2. "Do you have an interest in my life?" 3. Do you have a better life for me?" My life was a mess, I thought not worthy to live. So I offered my life to God, that created heaven and earth, if He would give me a better life, I promised, I would serve Him. I got his intention, He saved me by revealing Himself to me supernatural, no man involved. I repented of my sins, and when I prayed He was in the room, I could feel His presence, but I could not see Him. As a realist I asked Him, if He is the creator, would He show me something from paradise? He did. I experienced paradise and He showed me somebody from paradise. One night God showed up when I was praying, the whole room was in a light that I could not open my eyes and inside of me their was a fire, that I thought I was dying. I had no bible. After 3 years when I got one I read the NT in 2 weeks. I could understand the word of God. I had a vision, seeing Jesus Christ in the midst of the earth with a big cross, I knew that is my Savior, who died for my sins, I gave Him my life and I follow Him since over 40 years. He gave me a better life and saved my life at least 25 times from death. I know that the right God is the God of Israel, the Holy One, the Father of Jesus Christ, who is revealed to us in the bible.

Last edited by Zur; 01-04-2014 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 06:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
I've spent the last 6 months on the atheist/agnostic forum and the S and P forums witnessing to atheists. I will never get that time back. NOTHING gets through to them. They WILL NOT accept any scripture or verse from the Bible. Eliminating the big bang theory as the creation of the universe didn't work either. They want evidence of God other than the fact that ALL CREATION is evidence of a creator. They will not allow anything into their mind or heart concerning God.
As a Christian, how would you tell the atheists here that God is real? I give up.
The only way I was told from a former atheist is by the way he did .... by using the Bible for any question that is presented.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
I've spent the last 6 months on the atheist/agnostic forum and the S and P forums witnessing to atheists. I will never get that time back. NOTHING gets through to them. They WILL NOT accept any scripture or verse from the Bible. Eliminating the big bang theory as the creation of the universe didn't work either. They want evidence of God other than the fact that ALL CREATION is evidence of a creator. They will not allow anything into their mind or heart concerning God.
As a Christian, how would you tell the atheists here that God is real? I give up.
It's not our job to convince them, that is what the Holy Spirit does. What we are to do is tell them about God, explain what is in our heart and why we believe. Only the Holy Spirit can make them believe.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:42 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's not our job to convince them, that is what the Holy Spirit does. What we are to do is tell them about God, explain what is in our heart and why we believe. Only the Holy Spirit can make them believe.
It is so nice to be able to agree with you about something, ILNC . . . ~Mystic

Old 01-04-2014, 06:46 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is so nice to be able to agree with you about something, ILNC . . . ~Mystic
Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2014, 06:47 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,378 times
Quote:
I think it would have to be one on one. Atheists may have their own personal reason(s) for rejecting belief in a creator and I doubt any would reveal it on some public forum but collectively some things are evident... they view religion negatively because of the contradictions observed and thus belief in a god is difficult. And evolution is a reason to deny the existence of God.

People reject God and become atheists however the reverse happens as well. Answers as to why we die, what happens at death, why God permits suffering, what hope is there for the dead, will there be an end to mankind's suffering, the origin of life and more are found in the Bible. Whether an atheist accepts depends on the individual's circumstances, heart condition, and God.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Why should we Atheists care if your god is real or not? I mean, if she is real, so what?

I have lived over 68 years and my life has been very good and I have never once believed in any kind of a god. If there is a god who gives me the good fortune I have had, then she must like me pretty well. I'm happy the way things are.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:56 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
This is the thing that gets to me with proselytization because at the end of the day you can't MAKE someone believe what you believe and it seems to be what many proselytes try to do. The ones that do end up complying aren't…organic? Aren't' thinking for themselves? I don't know the word. But it has to be genuine.

The ONLY way to truly come to know God is through personal experience. They'd actually have to talk to Him. Something which, many times, only happens when they're at wits end and beyond their own ego's ability to conceive, justify, and rationalize their suffering.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't.

I live a life that demonstrates I believe he is.

One thing I would never do, were I an atheist, is accept that God is real and someone I want to know by reading the posts of the Christians on this forum. They must think that all Christians do is tell each other, "You're wrong!" "Am not!" "Are too!" "Oh yeah? Well you're wrong and I'm done with this thread!!" (You can hear the foot stomping through the ether.)

Would YOU want to hang out with a bunch of people who argue about who is going to hell?
For real! Were I an atheist, reading the bickering among Christians on this forum would reinforce my unbelief. The sarcasm and unloving words would convince me that God had no power to change a person's cold heart were it not for the fact that I do know a few believers who have been transformed by God's love into vessels of mercy. But those believers are the exception, not the norm. I know many, many hateful, angry Christians who do not care about unbelievers.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See these spirits will not come out but through prayer and fasting Jesus said about people who need to confess Jesus ...... The way I came out of this atheist understanding was that my home became haunted by demons and wicked angels , and they would come into my home and make noises when there was no one around and blow out light bulbs and talk behind walls and twist my arm while I slept and give horrible dreams , where they would talk to me and I discovered that the demons of the bible were true , then so Jesus must be true , so I began to talk to God which eventually redeemed my life with repentance to Jesus
As an atheist I have to say posts like this only help to reinforce my stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality