Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,755,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No.

But I believe the first humans did.

And I believe they were African in origin and almost certainly dark-skinned.
Fair enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 07:11 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,519,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Wouldn't that be funny?

I read down and some more scholarly than me say no; but it would certainly be a hoot if they were since I have heard it said the black skin color is a curse. Why does one group always want to be better than another group?
Why do you think one religious group's racist writings in particular deemed dark skin people to be the Curse of Cain, lacking of integrity to righteousness, declared null and void, and not worthy of evangelizing, all of which is completely unbiblical? Sad historical legacy.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,039,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
Why do you think one religious group's racist writings in particular deemed dark skin people to be the Curse of Cain, lacking of integrity to righteousness, declared null and void, and not worthy of evangelizing, all of which is completely unbiblical? Sad historical legacy.
Let us hope you're equally concerned with American fundamentalists who held up their Bibles as a reason to put blacks in the back of the bus, refuse them service in hotels and restaurants and stick them in inferior schools.

LOTS of racist writings out there. Including the Jim Crow laws which were written by a bunch of white guys who sat in segregated churches.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,755,437 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm not aware that any religious group has any writings, per se, that "deem dark skinned people to be the Curse of Cain," though without question, a number of different Christian denominations have, at some point in their history, used the the mark put upon Cain as justification for some pretty cruel and inhumane treatment of their black brothers and sisters. And I agree that that truly is sad.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,291,108 times
Quote:
I surely hope this video is as much a joke as the image I posted.

One wonders if the makers of the video actually believe this stuff or whether they are simply creating propaganda with no regards to reality.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:46 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,366,447 times
That video was beyond bad, we were taught that Adam and Eve were the line that Christ came from, there were other people at the time also in another land called Nod, actually we were taught that all races were present always. As for the Curse of Cain we were also taught that it was not a physical mark more of an unseen mark that was in all races ( think people like Hitler)
I never thought Christ as being white it never made any sense to me. A few months back there was an article in a scientific magazine that stated , we can all be traced back to one man and one woman however they never were connected in anyway. I wish i had the link for it right now.

Last edited by michelleleigh; 01-22-2014 at 11:54 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 11:52 PM

2,652 posts, read 2,212,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
So when you illustrate him, why is he white?
Why worry about it? God isn't white just because someone illustrates God that way. Your question is silly and meant to provoke controversy because you want to argue some ideological point.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:55 PM

2,652 posts, read 2,212,936 times
Quote:
If you can't agree on something basic as what colour your God is, then how can anyone take anything else you say serious?

I don't care if he is was white, black, pink, blue or green, but at least if you all agreed he was blue, you'd have a chance of people believing you.
How can anyone take you seriously when you assert things like this? You're looking for an argument. Nothing else.

You've already been answered. Drop it.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:18 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,366,447 times
Okay look up "Genetic Adam and Eve Uncovered". It is a pretty interesting read.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,903,688 times
Quote:
If you can't agree on something basic as what colour your God is, then how can anyone take anything else you say serious?

I don't care if he is was white, black, pink, blue or green, but at least if you all agreed he was blue, you'd have a chance of people believing you.
Why does God have to be a certain color?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality