Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 3,550 times

Advertisements

I honestly find that some things in the book of revelation very hard to understand therefore I will like to know what are your thought on the following questions

Thankies

SEAL OF GOD

What is the seal of God ?

Who are sealed ?

Who does the sealing ?

Is it only the 144000 who are sealed ? Why

What is the purpose of the seal ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 PM

676 posts, read 633,190 times
If you believe man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God and it is written that man shall not live but by ever word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.

Deut 18:18-19:1
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

What is the prophesy of scripture written in James 1:23
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Old 01-27-2014, 09:42 PM

7,287 posts, read 6,863,053 times
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to continue in His teaching the believers .
The Holy Spirit is the mark of God in the believer ,one whom is obedient to the Spirit of God .
Matthew 7;21,22,23.
John 15 ;
Obedience does not come by academics , it comes of a relationship only the Holy Spirit can provide .

Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 PM

676 posts, read 633,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to continue in His teaching the believers .
So Jesus provided Allah to continue His teachings to the believers...

Thank you for the Prophetic Word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFzq87TAQmg

Are you married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The Holy Spirit is the mark of God in the believer ,one whom is obedient to the Spirit of God .
Matthew 7;21,22,23.
John 15 ;
Obedience does not come by academics , it comes of a relationship only the Holy Spirit can provide .

Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,044,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaziah View Post
I honestly find that some things in the book of revelation very hard to understand therefore I will like to know what are your thought on the following questions

Is it only the 144000 who are sealed ? Why
Revelation 7:5 From the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand, 7:6 from the tribe of Asher, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Naphtali, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand, 7:7 from the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand, 7:8 from the tribe of Zebulun, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand, from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

What do you see?

"... the tribe of Joseph,..." Really?

Didn't Joseph forgo his birth-right so that his sons Ephraim and Manasseh could take his portion?

Sure.

The birth order of Jacob’s sons was:

Reuben (Leah – a wife)
Simeon (Leah – a wife)
Levi (Leah – a wife)
Judah (Leah – a wife)
Dan (Billah – a concubine)
Naphtali (Billah – a concubine)
Gad (Zilpah – a concubine)
Asher (Zilpah – a concubine)
Issachar (Leah – a wife)
Zebulun (Leah – a wife)
Joseph (Rachel – the preferred wife)
Benjamin (Rachel – the preferred wife)

Even though Joseph is 11th in birth-order, Jacob follows Sumerian/Akkadian customs and so Joseph being the first-born son of the preferred wife is the primary heir.

Joseph gets the largest portion of the birth-right, and it's large enough to divide between his sons Ephraim and Manasseh, and still each of his sons has a larger territory than all the other sons of Jacob.

In the passage, is Joseph now replacing his sons?

No, and this..."...from the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand,.." is proof.

Ephraim has been omitted. So has Dan. That was intentional, not accidental. The territories of Dan and Ephraim bordered Palestine and Ugarit.....and the tribes of Ephraim and Dan where the greatest idolators, which is why they have been left out.

What do you see when you read Revelation 1:11?

You
see the names of seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.

Notice anything?

Every single one of those churches was located in modern-day Greece and Turkey.

What about the churches at Rome and Milan and the other places in modern-day Italy?

John of Patmos intentionally omitted and ignored those churches in Rome, because they are evil idolators, just like Ephraim and Dan.

Pay attention...

Mircea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:05 AM

5 posts, read 3,550 times
Does anyone know what the seal of God is ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality