Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 08:58 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, I know.

You aren't Jesus.
Eusebius might demand proof for that assertion, Dew.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
This is where you are are wrong.

False dichotomy.

If there is no absolute proof (that is clearly asking more than just the stratified fossils and some significant transitionals)

then "It is all magic and myths".

But we do have the fossil record, but you deny that this is 'proof'.

It isn't, not to the degree you require, but it is a heap of evidence which all points one way - evolution and away from creation.

But you ignore ALL of that and demand...whatever it is you feel we can't provide.

I know you do this because you denied the cetan sequence on the grounds that there are no transitional forms between toothed and baleen whales.

When I produced just such a fossil, you never mentioned the Cetan sequence again, but retreated to what you thought we have no evidence for.

I mention this because it really is necessary to show how dishonest and self -serving your argument are. I have to do this because they might otherwise fool the less well informed.

And also it is such fun to field -strip your arguments.
Problems with evolution: Top Evidences Against the Theory of Evolution

Old 02-28-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, I know.

You aren't Jesus.
Jesus lives within me.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus lives within me.
As he does in millions of Christians who do not deflect and ignore when asked a question.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdropinn View Post
as he does in millions of christians who do not deflect and ignore when asked a question.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
And yet, you've no evidence "that god didn't do it" so why don't you come back to this thread after you have about 8 years of field experience and a doctorate thesis in psychology
Actually, as a geologist, I have over 30 years of field experience. Now that the dick-waving is out of the way, it is true that I have no evidence that God didn't do it. But then, you cannot prove a negative in science. The best we can do is point to the evidence and find the explanation that fits that evidence. And when we do that we find that "god did it"not only does not explain the diversity of life on this planet, it doesn't explain very much of anything in the natural world.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Well, that's debatable that we have no scientific evidence of God's existence in creation.
No, really, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
But really, there is really no evidence for evolution. None. I'm not just saying this to get people upset. There just is no proof humans evolved from a chimp or ape and definately not one eency teency bit of proof all plant and animal life evolved from single celled amoebas.
Of course there is no evidence that man evolved from modern apes. Man is an ape that has a common ancestor with modern apes. We share more of our genetic heritage with apes than with any other order of animals. We are also mammals, which means that we share our genetic heritage with mammals more than any other class of animals. In fact, we are placental mammals. We are of the phylum chordata, which means that we share our genetic heritage with other chordates more than we do with any other phyla. And of course, we are of the kingdom animalia, though I do understand you Christians have a 'yuck' issue with that idea. Get over it. These are, none the less, true statements all backed up by mountains of data.

Now that you understand how it works, will you please refrain from mischaracterizing these issues?

Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Jesus is savior dot com? Really? Do you realize that the vast majority of Christians are evolution-friendly?

Old 02-28-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Jesus is savior dot com? Really? Do you realize that the vast majority of Christians are evolution-friendly?
That doesn't make the majority right, now does it?

Old 02-28-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
No, really, it isn't.

Of course there is no evidence that man evolved from modern apes. Man is an ape that has a common ancestor with modern apes. We share more of our genetic heritage with apes than with any other order of animals. We are also mammals, which means that we share our genetic heritage with mammals more than any other class of animals. In fact, we are placental mammals. We are of the phylum chordata, which means that we share our genetic heritage with other chordates more than we do with any other phyla. And of course, we are of the kingdom animalia, though I do understand you Christians have a 'yuck' issue with that idea. Get over it. These are, none the less, true statements all backed up by mountains of data.

Now that you understand how it works, will you please refrain from mischaracterizing these issues?
Just as soon as all evolutionists will quit presenting the comic "Evolution of man" this way:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality