Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:39 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
The sins that controlled my life, no longer do. I now know true freedom. That's something that Judaism can never offer, salvation. It's like being stuck in High School so to speak, it doesn't give spiritual fullfilmant. Of course, I don't understand everything about Christianity, I don't really believe in the Virgin birth so much, but I do believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

Not trying to proselytize, just telling my story.
You know, I always find this funny.

I'm your opposite; a Christian who converted to Judaism. I spent my first thirty years a Baptist, and it always amazes me how differently we can see the two religions. I've found more spiritual fulfillment as a Jew than I ever thought possible as a Christian.

Oh well, to each their own, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 09:47 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
You know, I always find this funny.

I'm your opposite; a Christian who converted to Judaism. I spend my first thirty years a Baptist, and it always amazes me how differently we can see the two religions. I've found more spiritual fulfillment as a Jew than I ever thought possible as a Christian.

Oh well, to each their own, right?
Yep. Life is funny that way. There are a lot of things I like about Judaism and still consider it a legitimate true Religion, just an incomplete one. Except for the Reconstructionist branch, they rewrote the entire Torah and follow non biblical things, I never saw them as a legitimate Jewish Denomination.

When did you convert to Judaism and why? If I may ask. Often times I see Gentiles convert to Judaism because they want to marry a Jewish person, as some denominations don't believe in '' Marrying outside the tribe so to speak ''. Not saying this is your reason, just an observation of mine.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:58 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Yep. Life is funny that way. There are a lot of things I like about Judaism and still consider it a legitimate true Religion. Just an incomplete one.

When did you convert to Judaism and why? If I may ask. Often times I see Gentiles convert to Judaism because they want to marry a Jewish person, as some denominations don't believe in '' Marrying outside the tribe so to speak ''. Not saying this is your reason, just an observation of mine.
My wife and I were both Christians when we married. As for the when and why, I've posted a fair bit about it in both this section and the Judaism subsection. I'd rather not derail this thread with it.

The short version is that the central tenants of Christianity fell apart for me, and I found a religion, a philosophy, and a people that allowed me connect to my Creator like never before in Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality