Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Masons are of all faiths and religions, and many have none... just like everyone.
It is required that you believe in a Supreme Being. An atheist cannot be a Mason unless he lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
Masonry is just an continuation of the Babylonian religion.
Nonsense. Masonry is not a religion of any kind. It is a benevolent, charitable fraternity.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
the mason connection was possessed. I don't want to go into great detail about it, but it's real and Satan is a BIG part of it. I'm not scared of much, but these people were truly filled with demons and it was serious business.
Any human who doesn't have an indwelling of the Holy Spirit can be possessed by demons. This includes Masons, Moose Lodge, Kiwanas, Boy Scouts, and non-joiners. The possession has nothing to do with any club membership.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know Hiram, it's real easy to sit there and talk about something of which you know nothing about. As for the sacred circle thread that I started, everyone who comes there is treated with respect regardless of what your religion or your belief may be, everyone is equal, it's called respect.
As for Freemasonry, which you know nothing about, here is a list of very prominent freemasons.
W.W. Barnes, professor of church history at Southwestern Seminary.
Edward Bass, first Protestant Episcopal Bishop of Massachusetts.
Robert E. B. Baylor, founder of Baylor University, Texas first Baptist College.
Major General Charles E. Brown Jr., served as U.S. Army chief of chaplains.
Lansing Burroughs, president of the Southern Baptist convention, and pastor of eight Southern Baptist churches.
Father Francisco Calvo, Catholic priests who started Freemasonry in Costa Rica.
Carlton Chase, first dedicated Bishop to the Episcopal diocese of New Hampshire.
Montague Graham Clark Jr., Presbyterian minister and president of the school of the Ozarks.
W. T. Conner, taught theology at Southwestern University.
Geoffrey Fisher, English churchmen, the 99th Archbishop of Canterbury.
Frederick William Hamilton, Unitarian minister and president of Tufts College.
Herschel Harold Hobbs, an ordained Southern Baptist minister for 69 years.
Reverend Jesse Jackson, Baptist minister, American civil rights leader and politician.
J. B. Lawrence, vice president of the Southern Baptist convention and secretary-treasurer of the home Mission Board for 30 years.
Daniel L. Marsh, clergymen and educator, president of Boston University, chancellor of Boston University.
Peter Marshall, Presbyterian pastor of churches in Georgia and Washington, DC, chaplain of the U.S. Senate.
Abner V. McCall, president, chancellor and president emeritus of Baylor University in Texas, he served as a first vice president of the Southern Baptist convention.
Archibald Mclellan, editor in chief, The Christian Science Monitor.
Reverend Norman Vincent Peale, American cleric, founder of "Guidepost".

These are just a few of the well-known religious personalities that are members of the fraternity of freemasons.

I do not think they are devil worshipers or worshipers of Satan or Lucifer.
I would point out that so-called Prince Hall Masonry is not recognised as legitimate by mainstream Masonic Lodges.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
Even if it is true that Joseph Smith crafted the Morman rituals based on Freemason rituals, it does not mean that freemason's believed in or endorsed that use. How many of the true believers on this thread have shown that things they believe in used by another group is not endorsed by them?

My father was a freemason in the 40's-60's and my mother was in the Eastern Star during that period as well. My oldest brother was in the Demolay and says it was just a service organization with no weirdness at all, save for the secrecy. I was too young when they were members.

My mother will not say very much at all about the Eastern Star because she took the oath of secrecy, but there is just no way she would ever have participated in any sort of evil organization as depicted in some of these accusations. (My father - who knows????) She gave me the ring a few years ago for some reason.

One thing I remember my mother telling me during the 1960's was that the Freemasons had proof positive that the Joseph Smith claims upon which he founded the Mormon religion were completely false. She would never say more than that and seems to have forgotten about it (or pretends to). I always wondered what that was about but it does seem that the freemasons do not particularly like the claimed link to their older organization.

It is clear to me that some on this thread have a rather nasty theology that anything that doesn't agree with their own view of how religion should be is by definition caused by the devil. So, that would mean that the vast majority of the world is controlled by the devil and he is therefore, by definition a much stronger god than their god. It certaintly does seem to fuel a lot of nasty slander to rather benign groups.

I always have wondered why, when the freemasons seem to mostly be a very benign service organization, is there so much secrecy about it?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:36 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Even if it is true that Joseph Smith crafted the Morman rituals based on Freemason rituals, it does not mean that freemason's believed in or endorsed that use. How many of the true believers on this thread have shown that things they believe in used by another group is not endorsed by them?

My father was a freemason in the 40's-60's and my mother was in the Eastern Star during that period as well. My oldest brother was in the Demolay and says it was just a service organization with no weirdness at all, save for the secrecy. I was too young when they were members.

My mother will not say very much at all about the Eastern Star because she took the oath of secrecy, but there is just no way she would ever have participated in any sort of evil organization as depicted in some of these accusations. (My father - who knows????) She gave me the ring a few years ago for some reason.

One thing I remember my mother telling me during the 1960's was that the Freemasons had proof positive that the Joseph Smith claims upon which he founded the Mormon religion were completely false. She would never say more than that and seems to have forgotten about it (or pretends to). I always wondered what that was about but it does seem that the freemasons do not particularly like the claimed link to their older organization.

It is clear to me that some on this thread have a rather nasty theology that anything that doesn't agree with their own view of how religion should be is by definition caused by the devil. So, that would mean that the vast majority of the world is controlled by the devil and he is therefore, by definition a much stronger god than their god. It certaintly does seem to fuel a lot of nasty slander to rather benign groups.

I always have wondered why, when the freemasons seem to mostly be a very benign service organization, is there so much secrecy about it?
Tesaje,I notice that you're in the DC area,I served as a Grand Lodge Officer for the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia for four years,Also as an officer of one of the four bodies of the Scottish Rite In the Valley of Washington, DC and I'm a past master of 4 lodges in the District of Columbia.It's interesting that you bring up the subject of secrecy,to be quite honest the real secrecy of Freemasonry is that there is no secret,you can go into The House of The Temple Of the Scottish Rite on 16th St. and they have a very huge library in there and you can find all the information about Freemasonry that you want to in that library or go down and visit The Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia on MacArthur Blvd. and get all the information you want about Freemasonry there,or even go over to George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria,Va. and get information from them or even go over to Masonic Services Association of North America in Silver Spring Maryland and get all kinds of information on the Masonic fraternity there.So you see we really are not a secret organization. Oh, by the way,thank you for your kind words about the fraternity

Old 07-24-2008, 01:47 PM

348 posts, read 557,224 times
Default Masons and Mormons Worship the Same Gods

Quote:
Tesaje,I notice that you're in the DC area,I served as a Grand Lodge Officer for the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia for four years,Also as an officer of one of the four bodies of the Scottish Rite In the Valley of Washington, DC and I'm a past master of 4 lodges in the District of Columbia.It's interesting that you bring up the subject of secrecy,to be quite honest the real secrecy of Freemasonry is that there is no secret,you can go into The House of The Temple Of the Scottish Rite on 16th St. and they have a very huge library in there and you can find all the information about Freemasonry that you want to in that library or go down and visit The Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia on MacArthur Blvd. and get all the information you want about Freemasonry there,or even go over to George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria,Va. and get information from them or even go over to Masonic Services Association of North America in Silver Spring Maryland and get all kinds of information on the Masonic fraternity there.So you see we really are not a secret organization. Oh, by the way,thank you for your kind words about the fraternity
Just as I suspected all along. The sacred circle kind of gave you away. I didn't know what group you were associated with though. They are much the same. You didn't fool me for a second.

Quote:
...and get information from them or even go over to Masonic Services Association of North America in Silver Spring Maryland and get all kinds of information on the Masonic...
Or do independent research and become a thinker.

Aleister Crowley EXPOSED!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
Just as I suspected all along. The sacred circle kind of gave you away. I didn't know what group you were associated with though. They are much the same. You didn't fool me for a second.

Or do independent research and become a thinker.

Aleister Crowley EXPOSED!
That's right Hiram, I'm the Bogeyman, I'm your Worst Nightmare, I'm a Free Thinker, I am a Native American, and I have come to change the World as you know it.

So beware!!!!!

Last edited by ptsum; 07-24-2008 at 02:07 PM..

Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
That's right Hiram, I'm the Bogeyman, I'm your Worst Nightmare, I'm a Free Thinker, I am a Native American, and I have come to change the World as you know it.

So beware!!!!!
LOL

I couldn't help but laugh. too funny.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
LOL

I couldn't help but laugh. too funny.
My thoughts exactly..........A little silliness never hurts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality