Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,297,844 times

Advertisements

God must have a big issue with hair.

Did he have a bad hair day once, flipped out, and decided to command all women to cover their heads?

What gives with that?

And the last I heard, hair wasn't a sex organ, part of the genitalia, nor does it provide any sexual pleasure or stimulation. Ergo, why should it have anything to do with modesty? Yet in many religions, women are supposed to wear head coverings all the time.

Even that little affectation is a result of male lust - nice hair can make a woman look attractive, and we wouldn't want that!

It's also the reason why women were forbidden to wear pants for thousands of years. Pants accentuated a woman's curves - especially the hips and pelvis where all of the sex organs are. Oh no! Long skirts were designed to mask the curvature of the female form.

In all cultures and all religions this kind of patriarchal tomfoolery took place, that women were supposed to dress in accordance with a man's desire to keep their unchecked lust under control. Even today there are more than a few men who will gladly blame rapes on what a woman was wearing at the time.

One would think that men are completely devoid of self-discipline and restraint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,821,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
One would think that men are completely devoid of self-discipline and restraint.
And would they be wrong?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,297,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And would they be wrong?
I really hope they are!

Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,977,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You make an awfully grand assumption about this man you don't know. How do you know those women weren't his wife, mother, and four daughters?
I was thinking similar as it is actually rare for a Muslim man to have more than one wife. Although it is prmissable to have up to 4. Most men simply could not afford more than one. Also as each wife is to have her own household it would not be probable a Man would travel with more that one wife.

I suspect it would most likely be as you say, a Man His mother, His wife and four daughters.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,037,286 times
Woodrow, its interesting how it is more of a cultural thing if anything.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Woodrow, its interesting how it is more of a cultural thing if anything.
I am assuming you are speaking of the Burqa.

Not only is it cultural it is practical. the sudden and unexpected sand storms of the Arabian desert are very vicious. getting caught in one unprepared is almost certain death in a matter of minutes. It is not like a dust storm, it is like being sand-blasted with red hot sand and the nights cand drop to below freezing. A very hostile climate.

The Traditional clothing of the Arab men is also very similar. People just never seem to notice that.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,001,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am assuming you are speaking of the Burqa.

It is practical in a desert. But if a woman is forced to wear it that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It is practical in a desert. But if a woman is forced to wear it that's a whole other kettle of fish.
True and as I stated earlier, we are forbidden to make any woman wear any specific clothing.

The Arab nations are sometimes not representative of Islam. Yes, there are those who force woman to dress in a specific style.

Ever notice how the female members of the Saudi royal family dress.

Quote:
It’s not often a Saudi woman –not to mention a member of the royal family-gets interviewed on American TV, so the fact that Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, the wife of Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal (an investor and nephew of the Saudi king), talked to the Today show about Saudi women’s right to drive — is worth paying attention to.
SOURCE

There are places that have dress codes for anyone going out in Public. but that does not eliminate the right for the woman to have reasonable choice.

Shucks even restaurants and Night clubs in the USA have Dress codes before you can enter them.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:25 PM

641 posts, read 555,814 times
The question remains: what solution to the separation that mankind experiences from God do the various rituals of religion offer?

I can't imagine that many, if any, of the world's various religious practices improve a man's relationship with God, if such a thing even exists.

John Q. Faith-Head: "Here, God, I'm going to never work on Saturday again, just for you."

God: "Gee... Thanks... I guess."

Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc1 View Post
The question remains: what solution to the separation that mankind experiences from God do the various rituals of religion offer?

I can't imagine that many, if any, of the world's various religious practices improve a man's relationship with God, if such a thing even exists.

John Q. Faith-Head: "Here, God, I'm going to never work on Saturday again, just for you."

God: "Gee... Thanks... I guess."
Since God(swt) has no needs or wants, we have nothing we can offer God(swt). All we can do is make a symbolic effort to show we desire to if it were possible. These things are what we call worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality