Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,083 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is with their christ returning in 1914? What proof do they have? Did anything change? Why 1914?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 07:17 AM

692 posts, read 1,731,986 times
I knew and had friends who are Jehova's Witness' through out my school years. But we rarely discussed their religion. I do know that witnesses are not allowed to enter a church or santuary of another denomination. My mother knows a woman who stood outside of the church where her mother's funeral was being held. Her siblings are still upset with her over that. The witnesses I knew did not celebrate holidays but they did have birthday parties.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 AM

919 posts, read 3,184,408 times
Only time I ever came across someone who brainwashed like that was when some came to my door to tell me I was going to burn in hell..Now..I just don't answer the door and that solves the problem.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM

8 posts, read 30,012 times
Default Jehovah's Witnesses Knocking?

Debunking the Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs:
A) They are at your door to recruit you for enslavement to their watchtower corporation,they will say that "we are just here to share a message from the Bible" this is deception right off.
B) The 'message' is their false Gospel that Jesus is ruling in heaven already since 1914.The problem with this is it's not just a cute fairy tale,Jesus warned of the false prophets who would claim "..look he is here in the wilderness,or see here he is at the temple"

C) Their anti-blood transfusion ban has killed hundreds if not thousands
D) once they recruit you they will "love bomb" you in cult fashion to also recruit your family & friends or cut them off. There are many more dangers,Jehovah's Witnesses got a bad rap for good and valid reasons.
Danny Haszard Jehovah's Witness X 33 years

99% of the world has rejected the teachings of the Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses as a ‘joke’ but the darker truth is they are a destructive and oppressive organization.

Last edited by DannyHaszard; 12-09-2007 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Html

Old 12-09-2007, 03:49 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
I knew and had friends who are Jehova's Witness' through out my school years. But we rarely discussed their religion. I do know that witnesses are not allowed to enter a church or santuary of another denomination. My mother knows a woman who stood outside of the church where her mother's funeral was being held. Her siblings are still upset with her over that. The witnesses I knew did not celebrate holidays but they did have birthday parties.

No matter what religious affiliation it is;
When things start to get too wierd like what you are stating here IMO , I start seeing little red flags and yellow caution signs and orange barrels and tape like a crime scene And then it's time..
....And I break out from them; especially if things don't add up, that's only common sense that I'm referring to here. I haven't even begun to bring the word of God into it...

Old 12-09-2007, 03:54 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
Only time I ever came across someone who brainwashed like that was when some came to my door to tell me I was going to burn in hell..Now..I just don't answer the door and that solves the problem.
It wasn't the Jw's.telling you you would burn in hellThey do not believe in the hell of everlasting fire..

Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,250 times
My biological mother was JW. She refused a blood transfusion and died in 1972 at the age of 44. I never got the chance to meet her (she gave me up for adoption). Ultimately, I met my biological family. My one regret is never meeting the woman who so selflessly gave me up so I could have a better life. Needless to say, JWs have a bad rep in my biological family.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:39 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
I was once a Jehovah's Witness. I was kicked out, disfellowshiped as they call it. They practice shunning, which is a very cruel teaching. If your parents are JWs and you get kicked out they will not talk to you ever again unless you come back to the religion. There are websites by ex-jehovah's witnesses that will tear your heart out. You have to believe every single one of their teachings, and if you question you could get disfellowshipped. They disfellowship people at the drop of a hat, and then you cannot return until a year is up, and after that you are on probation. If you have close friends you will lose them if you leave the JWs or are kicked out. Some people never get over what has happened to them.

I read of a woman that was pregnant and went horseback riding, she fell off her house and lost her baby. They called her a baby killer and kicked her out. As if she were not suffering enough. In fact they don't care if you are suffering, they only care that you toe the line.

And now they are busy trying to cover up the fact that their children are being sexually abused by those in the congregations. They will not allow members to report it; instead they expect them to hush it up. I will look for some websites.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:46 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
http://www.silentlambs.org/

Sexual abuse in Jehovah's Witnesses

http://www.exjws.net/meetpeople/boards.htm (broken link)

http://p196.ezboard.com/bexjehovahswitnessforum

They leave a long trail of people who are now trying to recover and have PTSD if not worse.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM

919 posts, read 3,184,408 times
Wow Jessaka...wow..I am so sorry..nice of you to post those links and expose the truth here too, I was a church of christ member, later on in life...when I left, they used to come to my door, and tell me to read the bible or that I was facing eternal hell and that I needed to come back, they even tried to get me to leave my home that day, said they can drive us to church, me and my child so a healing service could take place..they wanted me to not use a car seat for my infant and said well just hold her! God will be with us!!! THe pastor of the church, grabbed my ass too and I thought at first it was my dirty mind playing tricks on me, but now that I look back on it, I think Iwas not imaging that at all....

Prior to this me and my siblings and cousins were all molested in a organized fashion at church and at some peoples home, my brother told me this the night before he tried to kill himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality