Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 07:34 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
No sir, he is not.

Because that is what scientists do and how science works. You don't get to make up ****, refuse to allow anyone to review your work (which is what he does all the time), and call himself a scientist. What happens then is that other scientists call him a crack pot, which is what Austin is. Ever wonder why he isn't a member of the AAAS, the NSF, or the AAPG?
I understand your untenable position. You are like my older brother. He went to different colleges and got a Masters in theology. He, like you, thinks he knows everything and no one can tell him differently. He is so full of himself. He is so proud. He tells me he read the Bible through nine times, word for word and no one can tell him he's wrong. But he is so theologically screwed up it's amusing, just like you amuse me. You got a Masters degree. You've worked thirty years in the field. No one can tell you differently. The only difference between you and him and you aren't my brother. You see, the problem is, if you actually accept the doctor's scientific proof you have to swallow your pride. You have to come to grips with the stark reality that you got a shoddy education, that you were lied to, unintentionally maybe but lied to nonetheless. Just accept your misguided life as it is. Enjoy your deluded education cause no one can enjoy it for you.

Fact is, you never did the original research the scientists did that I posted in the videos. You never even looked at them. Yet you, like my brother, make pompous and snide remarks that the videos are crap. But again, I don't really blame you. It is just the lot you've been handed in life. You can't do otherwise until you get better educated. Why don't you get in touch with me in five or so years when you've thrown off your very poor education and done some real research into flood geology. Take a trip world-wide if you can and do some original research like the scientists I posted. I doubt you will. It can be scary to have to deal with the fact you could be wrong especially when someone is as full of themselves as my brother.
Best of luck.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:35 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The polystrate trees actually prove my point as well as all the other geological findings by the scientists. I have actually proven myself at every point. You are siding with people who don't even watch the videos I requested they look at and they say they are crap. You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep. Based on that, you are just like them and so I have no reason to accept your biased opinion of my views.

It is actually faith-based and science based thank you. I think it's rather funny that you folks constantly berate Christians for not letting science have its say, that science is always against the Bible. But when I post scientists with PhD's who have done their due diligence you state I believe scientists are wrong. You know what? You prove that no matter what a Christian does he is just wrong. But in reality, you and your misguided friends are just brainwashed and so I just have to pity the lot of you. You can't help it. You've been brainwashed from birth till now. All I can do is just pity you.

If you had read his scientific method you wouldn't have stated it is the exact opposite of the scientific method. But really I understand your position. You've been lied to all your lives and the only way you can deal with that is to attack the individual who disagrees with you and proves you wrong. I just feel sorry for you. Again, I don't blame you. It is very common. Children always strike out when they don't get their way.
My father's a Christian minister and he doesn't reject most science as you do. I respect him a hell of a lot.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
My father's a Christian minister and he doesn't reject most science as you do. I respect him a hell of a lot.
What "most science" did I reject?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
What "most science" did I reject?
The vast majority of it that doesn't support your view.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:48 PM

641 posts, read 558,010 times
Quote:
I understand your untenable position. You are like my older brother. He went to different colleges and got a Masters in theology. He, like you, thinks he knows everything and no one can tell him differently. He is so full of himself. He is so proud. He tells me he read the Bible through nine times, word for word and no one can tell him he's wrong. But he is so theologically screwed up it's amusing, just like you amuse me. You got a Masters degree. You've worked thirty years in the field. No one can tell you differently. The only difference between you and him and you aren't my brother. You see, the problem is, if you actually accept the doctor's scientific proof you have to swallow your pride. You have to come to grips with the stark reality that you got a shoddy education, that you were lied to, unintentionally maybe but lied to nonetheless. Just accept your misguided life as it is. Enjoy your deluded education cause no one can enjoy it for you.

Fact is, you never did the original research the scientists did that I posted in the videos. You never even looked at them. Yet you, like my brother, make pompous and snide remarks that the videos are crap. But again, I don't really blame you. It is just the lot you've been handed in life. You can't do otherwise until you get better educated. Why don't you get in touch with me in five or so years when you've thrown off your very poor education and done some real research into flood geology. Take a trip world-wide if you can and do some original research like the scientists I posted. I doubt you will. It can be scary to have to deal with the fact you could be wrong especially when someone is as full of themselves as my brother.
Best of luck.
WOW you have issues.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc1 View Post
WOW you have issues.
That's funny, I was thinking the same about you.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
The vast majority of it that doesn't support your view.
Please humor me. What most science have I rejected?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Please humor me. What most science have I rejected?
I give up.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:46 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:

Best of luck.
The fact is, none of what you posted about me is true. The fact is, I am constantly learning new things. Perhaps your problem is that you are so entrenched in your religious beliefs that you can't keep up with all the scientific discoveries, and so are stuck in an antebellum state of thinking.

Science is nothing without a sense of wonder and adventure. That is what attracted me to it in the first place. Science builds on what came before. Einstein didn't replace Newton. He added to Newton's discoveries, completed his unfinished work. Occasionally, ideas are overthrown as new information becomes available. That is the nature of science. Science observes, experiments, replicates, and verifies. And only when alternative explanations become increasingly unlikely do we conclude that we have found something new. Geology has for 200 years pondered the origin of the Earth. And only through the discovery of principles such as the law of superposition, and via the efforts of tireless field workers mapping and deciphering the structural, stratigraphic and fossil and petrographic history of the planet have we come to understand the world on which we live. And among what we have discovered in 200 years of exploration is that:

1) There was no global flood, EVER, particularly not the mythical one as described by you Noachans. This is not an unambiguous statement. It is supported by over 150 years of field work conducted by tens of thousands of scientists from all over the world.

2) The Earth is over 4.54 billion years old. This too is supported by a huge volume of field and laboratory work.

3) The earliest undoubted life forms on the Earth are around 3.8 billion years old, and they were found not in some mythical Eden, but in Australia.

4) The most unique and important property of the planet is its hydrologic cycle, without which there would be little or no active geology, no life-sustaining atmosphere, and no life.

But hey, don't just take my word for it. Take me up on my offer to lead you on a one-day geology field trip. Who knows,. Even YOU may learn something new.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:

Best of luck.
So, we can add sibling rivalry to your other issues in order to help explain your peculiar positions.

Always good to add a layer of knowledge about someone.

You know, in the understanding-department.

Bless your heart, Eusie!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality