Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 04:26 PM

995 posts, read 955,630 times

Advertisements

You all do know that Moses had a man stoned to death for picking up sticks on his Sabbath? He also had 3000 Jews torchured and killed for erecting and worshipping the golden calf? Moses was a terrorist dictator, to whom all the world loves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Jesus performed His miracles on behalf of Himself. He also acknowledged that the OT was a document of compromises forced by the hardness of Bronze Age men's hearts.

It's absurd to argue that Jesus rested on the Mosaic Law when He himself decreed that His believers must "surpass the righteousness" of those who perfectly obeyed the Mosaic Law, and He himself pronounced requirements that far surpassed those of the Mosaic Law.

Jesus's "God/Father" is YHWH. That is the God he performed miracle for.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:29 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
I recently read a news story about 300 little girls who were abducted and will be sold into the sex slave trade. The Bible and the Koran teach that this behavior is a holy and good thing to do. The abductors were only following the doctrines of terror and slavery. That's where it comes from. And EVERYONE who worships the Bible is enabling and empowering it. That's all I'm sayin. If you say the Bible is holy, you empower the philosophies and LAWS it stands for. Terrorism and slavery, and the selling of children into slavery are things the Bible stands for.
You'll have to show me the chapter and verse that "teach that this behavior is a holy and good thing to do."

I will point out this one that says the opposite:

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; -- 1 Timothy

Old 05-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Jesus's "God/Father" is YHWH. That is the God he performed miracle for.
Jesus' miracles were to prove Himself to the world.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Jesus' miracles were to prove Himself to the world.

Regardless, they were performed on YHWH's and Moses's BEHALF. Jesus spoke well of them, never condemned the 40 or so genocides, or open murders of innocent people. Jesus scorned the Pharisees in Matt12 for killing innocent people, but he never lifted a finger against the doctrine they were following. Jesus was OK with Moses and YHWH murdering. Jesus helped YHWH and Moses's influence GROW in a BIG way.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:35 PM

The Bible condemned Jesus to die. He worked on the Sabbath, and he taught of a God that differed from Moses's teachings. According to the Bible, Jesus deserved to die. It condemned him and anyone LIKE him to die. And Jesus never lifted a finger against it. He EMPOWERED it.

Jesus= "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Old 05-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Regardless, they were performed on YHWH's and Moses's BEHALF. Jesus spoke well of them, never condemned the 40 or so genocides, or open murders of innocent people. Jesus scorned the Pharisees in Matt12 for killing innocent people, but he never lifted a finger against the doctrine they were following. Jesus was OK with Moses and YHWH murdering. Jesus helped YHWH and Moses's influence GROW in a BIG way.
Quote:
The Bible condemned Jesus to die. He worked on the Sabbath, and he taught of a God that differed from Moses's teachings. According to the Bible, Jesus deserved to die. It condemned him and anyone LIKE him to die. And Jesus never lifted a finger against it. He EMPOWERED it.

Jesus= "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
You realize those two posts contradict one another, don't you?

Old 05-06-2014, 05:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
I recently read a news story about 300 little girls who were abducted and will be sold into the sex slave trade. The Bible and the Koran teach that this behavior is a holy and good thing to do. The abductors were only following the doctrines of terror and slavery. That's where it comes from. And EVERYONE who worships the Bible is enabling and empowering it.
Odd you should bring that up.

I nearly posted #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS for my reply.

Right now, this moment, all over the world Christians and Muslims (and millions of others) are proving your little theory wrong. The people who did that are extremists and terrorists. Insulting post. Insulting theory.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You realize those two posts contradict one another, don't you?

Not at all. The Bible condemned him to die, along with many other innocent people. And Jesus never lifted a finger against it. In Matt 5 he taught that we should all follow and teach the laws of the Prophets. He never condemned Moses or YHWH for committing horrible acts of open, unrepentant evil. He condemned the Pharisees, but Jesus was a hypocrite for giving Moses and YHWH a pass.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Odd you should bring that up.

I nearly posted #bringbackourgirls for my reply.

Right now, this moment, all over the world Christians and Muslims (and millions of others) are proving your little theory wrong. The people who did that are extremists and terrorists.

Insulting post.

It is in the doctrine. The Koran and Hadiths are books of slavery, genocide, and sex with 9 year old girls who could be sold into slavery. The Bible sanctions the selling of children into slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality