Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 06:18 PM

534 posts, read 904,286 times

Advertisements

Since all pray to Jesus isn't that keeping the poor sod alive and in agony in an afterlife? Would it be better to not mention his name and let him rest in peace? Or those that constantly screaming for Jesus to help find lost car keys, or a good parking spot, or even to find a bag of money from a drug deal gone bad enough to keep Jesus always working and not letting him go rest?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Since all pray to Jesus isn't that keeping the poor sod alive and in agony in an afterlife? Would it be better to not mention his name and let him rest in peace? Or those that constantly screaming for Jesus to help find lost car keys, or a good parking spot, or even to find a bag of money from a drug deal gone bad enough to keep Jesus always working and not letting him go rest?
Great post if your intent was to make no sense at all.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:47 PM

How do you know that Jesus wants to stay alive to serve peoples desires? I think that Jesus should be allowed to rest in peace. If Jesus is the Jesus I know then he is in agony anytime someone invokes his name for a request.

Please let Jesus rest in peace and seek another to invoke supernatural intervention on your behalf.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:

......seek another to invoke supernatural intervention on your behalf.
Can't. There are no active volcanoes where I live.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Can't. There are no active volcanoes where I live.
Wel there is a pantheon of gods to choose from, Zeus, Apollo, Thor, the list is endless.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
How do you know that Jesus wants to stay alive to serve peoples desires? I think that Jesus should be allowed to rest in peace. If Jesus is the Jesus I know then he is in agony anytime someone invokes his name for a request.

Please let Jesus rest in peace and seek another to invoke supernatural intervention on your behalf.
Regarding the bolded bit: Somebody else - also a Jesus-is-God believer - will say the Jesus s/he knows skips and dances happily whenever someone invokes his name for whatever non-profane reason.

Another might say Jesus nods wearily whenever it happens.

Another might say he just forwards it in an email to his dad.

As KV so elegantly put it:

And so it goes.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:12 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,537,472 times
Quote:
Wel there is a pantheon of gods to choose from, Zeus, Apollo, Thor, the list is endless.
And so your agenda is made clear. My guess is that you believe in one less god than I. Troll much?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And so your agenda is made clear. My guess is that you believe in one less god than I. Troll much?
Jesus told me in prayer that he is in agony when ever anyone invokes his name( I begged forgiveness for what I did). Jesus wants to be left alone to rest in peace. Since that seems to be hard for you to understand, let's take the case of Jack Lord( noted actor). It has been disclosed that television broadcasts will radiate into the "heavens" forever. You may not be familiar with emf or wave propagation. I am of course.

The program Hawaii 50 was last aired in the 1970's. Those programs with Jack Lord as Steve Magarret are still "alive" as far as a viewer would be concerned. This situation, sets up a "eternal life" which the actor Jack Lord cannot escape from.

Much like Jack Lord is trapped in a perpetual rerun in the cosmos, so is the plight of Jesus. Each time he is mentioned or prayed about, energy travels much like a radio or microwave does. This is proven beyond all doubt.

The end result is to continue to torment Jesus, to fail to stop is to constantly pierce Jesus side with a roman spear.

If you love Jesus, let him rest in peace...it time for his nap.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
Quote:

Bolding is my doing.

Not everyone has the same beliefs about Jesus(as)

I believe he is one of the greatest of Prophets(PBUT) he was lifted up to heaven without dieing, was not crucified and did not die on the cross. He will return to Earth and complete his life.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Jesus told me in prayer that he is in agony when ever anyone invokes his name( I begged forgiveness for what I did). Jesus wants to be left alone to rest in peace. Since that seems to be hard for you to understand, let's take the case of Jack Lord( noted actor). It has been disclosed that television broadcasts will radiate into the "heavens" forever. You may not be familiar with emf or wave propagation. I am of course.

The program Hawaii 50 was last aired in the 1970's. Those programs with Jack Lord as Steve Magarret are still "alive" as far as a viewer would be concerned. This situation, sets up a "eternal life" which the actor Jack Lord cannot escape from.

Much like Jack Lord is trapped in a perpetual rerun in the cosmos, so is the plight of Jesus. Each time he is mentioned or prayed about, energy travels much like a radio or microwave does. This is proven beyond all doubt.

The end result is to continue to torment Jesus, to fail to stop is to constantly pierce Jesus side with a roman spear.

If you love Jesus, let him rest in peace...it time for his nap.
Jack Lord always looked like it was time for HIS nap.

Got anything else besides your dream, some gods I couldn't relate to while reading the Iliad in junior high school (just for the record I also couldn't relate to Jay Gatsby since no one I knew lived in a place with the word "egg" in its name and had problems with being filthy rich) and a reference to a guy who had the scariest hair on TV?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-11-2014 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality