Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 PM

774 posts, read 904,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
I believe I heard Seth Roberts say that the past, present, and future is all happening at once. I forgot the name of the theory but it's a supplemental theory to reincarnation. If this is true, does that imply that a person can choose to return to relive the same era, or live in an era of the past or future? Or will that person ever remember their past life?

I personally would love to relive the same era, living in the same country but perhaps being a different race and of the opposite gender.
Meet yourself in your next lifetime and fall in love with each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 05:50 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,128,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
I believe I heard Seth Roberts say that the past, present, and future is all happening at once. I forgot the name of the theory but it's a supplemental theory to reincarnation. If this is true, does that imply that a person can choose to return to relive the same era, or live in an era of the past or future? Or will that person ever remember their past life?

I personally would love to relive the same era, living in the same country but perhaps being a different race and of the opposite gender.
Maybe you mean Jane Roberts books where she wrote messages given by the Entity called Seth? Like for example, the book "Seth Speaks" and there are also "Unknown Reality" vol 1&2 where it talks about the time happening all at once and about multiple selves. Based on all I heard, including these books, I think that your Higher Self probably did that and so when you cross over, you'll be able to "experience" that if you wanted to. So, although you don't come back to Earth, you can relive things as though you did. Because you share identity and feelings and experiences belonging to the Higher Self (which has many incarnations and experiences).

Like some people who experience past lives and say: "I feel like I am that other person, I feel like I know this and that..." So I think that they are tapping into the database of their Higher Self and experiencing (or sharing) the experiences of the other selves, who are all a part of the Higher Self.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,570,678 times
I'll try it! Sounds better than heaven.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:01 PM

181 posts, read 304,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Meet yourself in your next lifetime and fall in love with each other?
I would be open to it. After all, who knows myself better than me? I can see only good things coming from such an union.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,379,205 times
Just to keep things simple, reincarnation is another form of afterlife.

Judgment is basically saying what you did in your past life?

Just to be logical about this conversation. Keep in mind a lot of court talk is based off these things.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:31 AM

2,051 posts, read 2,149,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTherese View Post
Don't you mean another 'body' ?
No. We each have a soul (incarnated into our fetus at some point after conception). At the time of this incarnation, a spirit body is formed to protect the soul and also to give it a form. This spirit body, with the soul encased therein, at the time of death is released into the spirit world and the evidence of it's existence as a full-blown spirit is revealed and we look exactly like the person we were while we're living. The spirit world is very similar in appearance to what is our experience here on earth. Even though it's in a different dimension, it's as real and substantial as everything here.

There's no way a spirit (with their soul intact) can reincarnate into a fetus with their own soul/spirit body, because of the law of mass and matter that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

And there's no reason for us to come back to earth time and time again to "progress" spiritually. This is accomplished in the spirit world, as there are seven spheres: the earth plane (includes the Hells), 3 natural love spheres (2, 4 and 6) and 3 Divine Love Spheres (3, 5 and 7)... and after that the Celestial Heavens (where spirits who are divinely transformed live... and where I'm headed, btw). Hope to see ya all there, too.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I believe this.

Numerous books on spiritualism written over a period of 175 years basically say the same thing: that a man dies; he steps out of his body like we would take off our clothes and goes into the first of a multi-dimensional spiritual world made up of essentially seven levels of spiritual development, each more beautiful than the one below it. These levels wrap around our own world like circular bands, each larger and higher than the one below it. The first one is the one that is most like our own world and is closest to it, say roughly 3000 miles above us. Our spiritual bodies are as real to us there as these are to us here; the landscape is astonishingly beautiful, with houses, rivers, valleys, etc of 100 purity and we basically resume life as it was here as we continue our spiritual progression to the seventh level where God lives. The first level is basically laid out the way this world is, so a Britain is above this world's Britain, Australia above Australia, but on a much larger scale naturally because the spiritual level is naturally greatly expanded, being a larger "planet" roughly the size of Uranus, for example.
It's so nice to read your post. Except God lives in His own separate Heaven... far, far above the Celestial Heavens.

For people who can't conceive of a "soul," here's a good example. Think of an egg with three parts... yoke, white covering, and hard shell. This is us, too.

Yoke = soul
White covering = spirit body
Shell = physical body

One last thing, in each of the spheres, there are several planes (and the law of attraction is more pronounced... people with like minds and souls live near each other, unlike earth where we're a mixed bag). Except for the Celestial spirits who possess God's Divine Love and are totally transformed, the spheres have an invisible line of demarcation, which means a spirit cannot progress to the next sphere until it's soul's condition has been purified to the degree that allows him/her to move up.

The Sixth Sphere is the highest sphere for those spirits whose soul's have been purified in the natural love... the love that is given to us at birth. This love is separate and distinct from God's Divine Love, which is His very essence and substance. Spirits who believe in reincarnation and haven't been able to get rid of this false belief, can go no higher than the Sixth Sphere and many reside there.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:26 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,352,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
We each have a soul
Any evidence for this outright assertion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
(incarnated into our fetus at some point after conception).
What point exactly? How do you know this? What about that point in after conception development where the cell splits into twins. Did another soul suddenly appear? Or is each twin only half a soul and half alive?

Why are there not more twins then if this happens so often? Well because often, for no reason we know yet, one twin REABSORBS the other. What happened here? Did half alive twins become one? Did one murder the other? Is one life suddenly dead, or if you are religious cast into eternal limbo as an un-baptised soul?

This soul after conception idea seems to make no sense at all so I am AGOG to hear what evidence you have for the idea?

Old 06-16-2014, 02:34 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You need to talk to your doc about getting a good safe sleeping pill; just to sleep, mind you, not the permanent kind of sleep. There are plenty of safe medications out there. I've been on one for 15 years and I sleep like a baby.
Not to completely change the subject, but may I ask what you take that you've been able to safely do it for 15 years? I have the same problem, but the best solution I've been able to find is temazepam - which carries a high risk of dependency. I'm always on the hunt for a better answer.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Any evidence for this outright assertion?

What point exactly? How do you know this? What about that point in after conception development where the cell splits into twins. Did another soul suddenly appear? Or is each twin only half a soul and half alive?

Why are there not more twins then if this happens so often? Well because often, for no reason we know yet, one twin REABSORBS the other. What happened here? Did half alive twins become one? Did one murder the other? Is one life suddenly dead, or if you are religious cast into eternal limbo as an un-baptised soul?

This soul after conception idea seems to make no sense at all so I am AGOG to hear what evidence you have for the idea?
Well, the evidence that I have a soul is that it is awakened and I receive God's Divine Love, which fills it up and causes my soul to expand while it's flowing in.

Prior to a soul incarnating in the flesh, it is duplex in nature, having characteristics of a male and female (true soulmates). It is conscious of it's existence in the Heavens, however, upon it's departure for the earth life and to be "born" into a body, a separation occurs, the soul is split and the consciousness of its existence is removed. There is a Law which causes the souls to know where and when the opportune time is to incarnate and it hovers over the earth until the "signal" is apparent. I have read it's around two weeks after conception that it incarnates, but don't quote me on that.

As far as twins, it's two different souls inhabiting the mother's womb. I don't have any knowledge about deformed twins, so best not to speculate. Just know that what you call "dead," is really "life" in another world, as the babies who aren't able to be born here, are welcomed over there.

Here's some reading material on the "soul" for those interested.

Mystery of the Birth of the Soul in the Human Being. There is no such thing as Reincarnation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality