Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
There is a Law which causes the souls to know where and when the opportune time is to incarnate and it hovers over the earth until the "signal" is apparent.
Interesting.
What is that law and what or who dictated it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:58 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Interesting.
What is that law and what or who dictated it?
The Law of Soul Separation and Individualization.

"There is a Law of God controlling these things that renders these preexisting souls capable of knowing the desirability of incarnation. And they are always anxious and ready for the opportunity to be born in the flesh, and to assume the separate individuality that they are privileged to assume."

Jesus Explains the Incarnation of the Soul.

and the Laws of Nature.

"The soul becomes individualized the moment it finds its lodgment in the receptacle prepared by the Laws of Nature, in using the human father and mother as its instruments..."

The Truth Concerning the Individuality of the Soul

God, the Creator... when we understand that this is His world and He made the rules... then we become truly humble. God created all of us because He wants a large family. And as we know the universe is immense... so there's lots of space for many. And we don't need to keep coming back to earth to re-live it!! Thank you, God!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:56 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Why is reincarnation necessary in the first place?
How else can aionios kolasan, age long correction, occur without the mechanism of reincarnation?

We Catholics have the states of Limbo and Purgatory, deemed necessary by theologians of old, because without them, unbaptized babies and people who shoplift and have not obtained absolution go to hell. Even the church of several hundred years ago recognized God's mercy.

Quote:
Christ and Jesus here are symbolically different.

Jesus represents each human being who is reincarnating and learning something (while adding to the perfection of the collective).

Christ represents a collective consciousness (as it says in the Bible that Christ is the spirit that fills everything and that Christians are members of "Christ" body.)
I disagree. Biblically speaking, Jesus is a personal name and Christ is an appellation, an honorific, meaning messiah. Messiah Jesus, Christ Jesus, Jesus the Messiah, Jesus Christ are all equivalent. If you can prove otherwise from the original Greek, I am willing to learn.

I say so with no ill will, but I find your original post pretty convoluted. Not to mention the Battlestar Galactica relativity light - especially the much repeated theme "It has happened before, it will happen again".

Old 06-17-2014, 12:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Well, the evidence that I have a soul is that it is awakened and I receive God's Divine Love, which fills it up and causes my soul to expand while it's flowing in.
What a nonsense sentence from you. You are essentially saying nothing more here than "I know I am right because I feel I know I am right".

You have asserted the existence of a soul. Do you have any actual support for this assertion other than happy slappy fuzzy feelings you claim you have?

Old 06-17-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
What a nonsense sentence from you. You are essentially saying nothing more here than "I know I am right because I feel I know I am right".

You have asserted the existence of a soul. Do you have any actual support for this assertion other than happy slappy fuzzy feelings you claim you have?
Well, if I was the only person on earth who made this claim, then I might agree with you. Fact is, I know many people whose souls are awake like mine. When your soul qualities are awake, then you know. Until this happens, our souls are asleep and said to be "dead souls."

Old 06-17-2014, 09:55 AM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
There are two beliefs systems. The Bible says: a man will die once and after that there is judgment. And that's it.

Then there is a system of belief that says that a soul reincarnates (jumps from body to body) until this soul gets evolved enough.

I think that both are true.

It just depends on whether you're talking about 3 dimensional self or multidimensional SELF.

The 3 dimensional self (also called "a personality") dies once and goes on to live in the afterlife. It does not come back to reincarnate over and over.

But the multidimensional SELF (your 3d self is a small part of it) keeps sending pieces of itself to reincarnate. (Kind of like sending seeds, which will grow into SELF (or will become the image of the SELF), it doesn't send the actual living beings)

So, as a multidimensional SELF, you reincarnate. As a 3d self you die once and live in the afterlife.

The little 3d selves each does its work as each one reincarnates. Each 3d self's work enriches all of the selves in the multidimensional SELF.

Imagine an ant hill. Each ant does its work. Your SELF is an ant hill. Its little parts are doing all the work.

The SELF grows through the work of each individual personality or 3d self.

Why is reincarnation necessary in the first place?

Well, the assumption is that a perfect being, perfect in love and in wisdom cannot be created. It has to evolve to get there.

The Bible glorifies suffering and says that we should be thankful for suffering. And the idea is that suffering is good for us.

It also says that God made Jesus perfect through suffering. Heb 2:10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God...should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

So the idea in the Bible exists that suffering creates perfection.

Well, imagine this: if you went to "heaven" and God had to make you perfect in an instant, you would lose your identity. It wouldn't be you anymore. In effect, God would kill your identity.

God would not want to kill anyone, because then there is no point in their existence and all their experiences and this earthly life.

So that means that you get perfected through suffering.

What is suffering? Suffering is conflict. It's necessary for learning.

How could you know what you are and who you are if you never ran into resistance, into something that would test you? For example, in heaven no one is starving so no one would ever ask you to sacrifice your needs and to give bread to the needy instead of feeling yourself. How would you know if you would do it if it came to that? You have never been tested!

Well, maybe that's a bad example, because my point really is that you can LEARN goodness. Even if you started bad, you can learn it, you can change. So for example, if this spirit was sent from heaven to earth and then this spirit ran into this situation, the question is: will the spirit give bread to the needy?

Well, since the spirit never felt hunger, he would not understand what hungry people are going through. He would feel no motivation to share and to deprive himself. So in our eyes, this spirit is "bad"!

But imagine that this spirit became hungry himself and experienced starvation and watching people eating but not sharing... what would this spirit learn? Oh, that it's good to share. It's better to share.

So, spirits are on earth to live in resistance and in conflict on purpose. So that they could be made into better beings, so that they could evolve.

It's like working your muscles. If you don't stretch them, don't push them beyond what they are used to, a little bit, you won't grow.

Reincarnation is necessary for the Multidimensional Self in order for it to grow to be GOOD.

And each 3d self will have access to the experiences and database of knowledge of this SELF and have this goodness imparted to each little 3d self. Because each 3d little self is a part of the BIG SELF. They are one.

The Bible has this idea also. It teaches that the righteousness of Christ (aka: goodness and wisdom) is imparted to the members of each of the body of Christ (which is the church). The Bible also says that IN Christ we are righteous.

Christ and Jesus here are symbolically different.

Jesus represents each human being who is reincarnating and learning something (while adding to the perfection of the collective).

Christ represents a collective consciousness (as it says in the Bible that Christ is the spirit that fills everything and that Christians are members of "Christ" body.)

As each member of the body of Christ works on his little part of learning something (and adding to the Christ Collective consciousness), then Christ is being perfected.

Of course, from the perspective that "time not linear" all is done already. All are perfect. That's why the Bible sometimes says things like "it is done" before it was actually done in linear time. And that's why the Bible said that WE ARE SEATED in heavenly places (even now) IN Christ Jesus. And that we are perfect in Christ Jesus (now).

You could see this two ways: we are there as part of Christ Collective consciousness OR we are there because time doesn't exist and whatever will happen already happened.
Should this thread be under Buddhism ?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:12 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Should this thread be under Buddhism ?
The OP talks about reincarnation, soul and God. Hinduism but not Buddhism.
It does not belong in the Buddhist forum......

Old 06-20-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Well, if I was the only person on earth who made this claim, then I might agree with you.
But I did not ask how many people were claiming it. I asked if there was any support whatsoever for the claim. Can you not tell the difference?

Also look up the fallacy "Argumentum Ad Populum". Learn it. Avoid it.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
But I did not ask how many people were claiming it. I asked if there was any support whatsoever for the claim. Can you not tell the difference?

Also look up the fallacy "Argumentum Ad Populum". Learn it. Avoid it.
Well, this is all I've got for you to digest and contemplate.

"There is nothing in the material world that will afford a basis of comparison with the soul; hence, it is difficult for men to comprehend the nature and qualities of the soul by the mere intellectual perceptions and reason. In order to understand the nature of this great creation, the soul, men must have something of a spiritual development, and the possession of what may be known as the soul perceptions. Only soul can understand soul, and the soul that seeks to comprehend the nature of itself must be a live soul, with its faculties developed to a small degree..."

The Soul: What It Is and What It is Not

So to become spiritually developed, it requires prayer. In my case, many, many years passed before I was totally aware of my soul. After a person passes over to the spirit world, then it becomes obvious, because our soul's condition reflects our appearance and determines our first place of habitation... whether it is in a sphere of light or darkness. Keeping in mind that eventually all will reach the light... never to become reincarnated in another person's flesh.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Well, this is all I've got for you to digest and contemplate.
"Argumentum Ad Populum" is all you have got for me to digest and contemplate? Shame its a fallacy then huh?

Quote:
"There is nothing in the material world that will afford a basis of comparison with the soul
You do realise that that nonsense only makes sense if you already assume there IS a soul? But since I am asking you if there is any reason to think there even IS a soul.... this nonsense is meaningless to me?

Do you have anything interesting to say about the soul that does not require you to start off by assuming such a thing actually exists?

Maybe before you reply next time.... read over your reply and ask yourself.... "does this post only make sense if you actually assume a soul exists from the outset"?

Because arguments or evidence for X that only work if you start off assuming X is true.... dont help much to forward a conversation between people who agree with X and those that do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality