U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 AM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,097,410 times
Reputation: 4527

Advertisements

The graphic says it all:

If you don't believe in evolution, explain this-evolution.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 AM
 
638 posts, read 478,500 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The graphic says it all:

Attachment 131019
Oh, this is easy: God just makes physical structures look homologous, and then places them in corresponding sedimentary layers, consistent over the entire planet, to make it look like evolution has occurred. He does it to test our faith. In other words, the better you are at not believing the conclusions of science, the more godly you are. This approach also works for Islam, Hinduism, Scientology, astrology, interpreting tea leaves and finding Soviet nuclear launch codes hidden in re-runs of Scooby Doo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Northeastern US
14,197 posts, read 9,094,403 times
Reputation: 6081
Rationalization #2: This is evidence for a common Designer rather than common ancestors.

Rationalization #2A (argument from incredulity department): After all we can't POSSIBLY be descended from monkeys (even though this is not even the claim made by evolution).

No amount of "saying it all" suffices for a bibliolater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 11:56 AM
 
191 posts, read 400,157 times
Reputation: 159
I think there were plenty of people who evolved from apes during the time God made Adam and Eve. Then their children (Cain and Abel) chose a wife from the people who were already living on earth at that time. Which is why We (the human race as we now are) are only 98% ape! the other 2 % of our DNA is from Adam & Eve. So you see you can explain God and Evolution as working side by side with each other. Evolution does not negate the existence of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 12:02 PM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,097,410 times
Reputation: 4527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
I think there were plenty of people who evolved from apes during the time God made Adam and Eve. Then their children (Cain and Abel) chose a wife from the people who were already living on earth at that time. Which is why We (the human race as we now are) are only 98% ape! the other 2 % of our DNA is from Adam & Eve. So you see you can explain God and Evolution as working side by side with each other. Evolution does not negate the existence of God.
So Cain and Abel did monkeys?

BTW, your explanation has nothing to do with evolution, you know that, right? Cross-breeding maybe, but then it would be a 50/50 genetic mix.

Or are you suggesting we evolved then? And how can original sin be inherited in this manner?

Oh my gosh, the conundrums your explanation opens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
14,197 posts, read 9,094,403 times
Reputation: 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
I think there were plenty of people who evolved from apes during the time God made Adam and Eve. Then their children (Cain and Abel) chose a wife from the people who were already living on earth at that time. Which is why We (the human race as we now are) are only 98% ape! the other 2 % of our DNA is from Adam & Eve. So you see you can explain God and Evolution as working side by side with each other. Evolution does not negate the existence of God.
It's hard to tell whether you are being serious or facetious. I'm going with facetious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there.
6,867 posts, read 3,793,329 times
Reputation: 4603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
I think there were plenty of people who evolved from apes during the time God made Adam and Eve. Then their children (Cain and Abel) chose a wife from the people who were already living on earth at that time. Which is why We (the human race as we now are) are only 98% ape! the other 2 % of our DNA is from Adam & Eve. So you see you can explain God and Evolution as working side by side with each other. Evolution does not negate the existence of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It's hard to tell whether you are being serious or facetious. I'm going with facetious.
Errr.. yep. I really hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
 
638 posts, read 478,500 times
Reputation: 302
I appreciate that Gail Ann is at least making the attempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 PM
 
4,487 posts, read 4,371,765 times
Reputation: 4001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
I think there were plenty of people who evolved from apes during the time God made Adam and Eve. Then their children (Cain and Abel) chose a wife from the people who were already living on earth at that time. Which is why We (the human race as we now are) are only 98% ape! the other 2 % of our DNA is from Adam & Eve. So you see you can explain God and Evolution as working side by side with each other. Evolution does not negate the existence of God.
Looks like someone has already had this idea.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O71aXEPUM4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Status: "6' - 220" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,872 posts, read 13,445,735 times
Reputation: 11694
It boggles my mind that folks can look at data like that and still refuse to connect the dots. Ignorance and cognitive impairment can only explain some of the refuse-niks. It's the others I just don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top