Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 11:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
I have never discriminated against gays, nor those who do other types of sins...I'm Christian. Where did you get the idea all Christians discriminate against gays...from the few who do?
There are many non-Christians who discriminate against gays...but that is not to say all non- Christians do. Are you gay?
Well bully for you.

Unfortunately, many bible-thumping Christians do think and behave in a bigoted manner.

I've never heard an atheist disparage gays but I suppose there are some. But they don't point to a "holy book" and say god told them to.

Am I gay?

None of your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 11:22 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc1 View Post
What is it to say that one group of people were created to experience eternal bliss, and one group of people were created to face eternal torment?

What is it to say that we go to heaven by accepting Jesus as our lord and savior, when accepting Jesus as lord requires BELIEVING that he is lord? Why is BELIEVING something the important thing? Humans are terrible at knowing what to believe. Why is salvation from eternal torment contingent on believing a certain thing? Even if it is ultimately spiritual regeneration that insures salvation, regeneration depends on belief. What human parent would put his children in such a position? Who among us would allow our children to burn in hell for any reason, let alone for failing to believe a collection of facts.

What is it for God to empathize? If he can empathize with me, how can he allow me to go to eternal torment? He would be empathizing with me for eternity as I burned. What would that be like for him? Knowing that I, his son, am burning in hell for eternity must be miserable for him.

If God's love "casts out fear," why are some people who aren't Christians full of love and empty of fear, while some who are Christians are full of fear an empty of love?

Who is God, really?

What is he really like?

And if he's the god of the Christian faith, is he worth worshiping?
The RCC and Calvin/Luther have really done a number on people, haven't they? After all, it was they who conceived this ridiculous notion of Jesus and the saints watching in glee from heaven as billions of people burn in hell, and chanting and praising the "Lamb" as they burn singing, "It is justice for you, O Lord, to punish our sons and daughters and parents and loved ones with fire and torment for eternity because they rejected you."

Made me want to vomit just typing that last part out. Sick, SICK tripe.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:27 AM

472 posts, read 385,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well bully for you.

Unfortunately, many bible-thumping Christians do think and behave in a bigoted manner.

I've never heard an atheist disparage gays but I suppose there are some. But they don't point to a "holy book" and say god told them to.

Am I gay?

None of your business.

You are right. If you are gay it is none of my business...would that hold true for my believing in God...would that be none of your business?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:38 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because so many other people do believe it's true and act accordingly.

They sicken me.
Quote:
I have never discriminated against gays, nor those who do other types of sins...I'm Christian. Where did you get the idea all Christians discriminate against gays...from the few who do?
There are many non-Christians who discriminate against gays...but that is not to say all non- Christians do. Are you gay?
Note that in the original quote da Dude said, "so many," not "all."

Old 06-14-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Note that in the original quote da Dude said, "so many," not "all."

No the Dude said..."many," the Dud din not say, "so many."

Does that put us on the same page...Dude?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:51 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The RCC and Calvin/Luther have really done a number on people, haven't they? After all, it was they who conceived this ridiculous notion of Jesus and the saints watching in glee from heaven as billions of people burn in hell, and chanting and praising the "Lamb" as they burn singing, "It is justice for you, O Lord, to punish our sons and daughters and parents and loved ones with fire and torment for eternity because they rejected you."
It is truly sad that here in the 21st century there are so many so willing to buy into such barbaric tripe, Thrill!!

Old 06-14-2014, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by thrillobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is truly sad that here in the 21st century there are so many so willing to buy into such barbaric tripe, Thrill!!

I agree, what thrillobyte posted is sick...that is not from the Bible...where is that sick stuff from?

Old 06-14-2014, 12:26 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
Quote:
The few sure are doing a good job at keeping them from getting married and in too many cases, from adopting.
You have no problem with same sex marriages then?

Old 06-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The few sure are doing a good job at keeping them from getting married and in too many cases, from adopting.
You have no problem with same sex marriages then?
It is the leaders of religions you speak who are fighting. As I have posted..."I follow no religion."
I also judge no one for sins against Gods laws...all humans are sinners. I am also human.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
No the Dude said..."many," the Dud din not say, "so many."

Does that put us on the same page...Dude?
I'm not certain we're on the same planet.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality