U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:01 PM

472 posts, read 311,050 times

Advertisements

To the JW’s on the forum, I will not say The Watch Tower, Bible, and Track Society is a cult, nor will I say any religion is a cult. But, here is what makes a cult:

Control of its members.

Not allowing its members to read anything about other religions unless approved by its leaders.

Not allowing friendships outside of the religion.

To follow only what the leaders say…who are acting as a replacement of Jesus.

Not allowing its members to question anything the leaders say.

Telling members how they can act toward each other in their own home.

Commanded by its leaders to report anything other members do, or say which is against what the leaders say.

They will lie about their history.

They make prophecies that do not come true.

When caught telling something which proves to be false, change their story, and call it new light.

These are just a few things used by cults. They work very good, and it makes it very hard for their members to break free.

Here are a few questions one should ask their leaders:

“All the trees in the Bible are symbolic. What makes the two trees in the Garden real?”

Jesus said, “I am the tree of Life.” if this is true, who, or what is the tree of the knowledge of good, and evil?

In Hebrew, seed means offspring. Why is God talking to Satan in Genesis 3:15 about his offspring?

Gods name in the scrolls as YHWH. Why is he called my another name, when no one can translate YHWH into any other name?

Again, I am not saying any religion is a cult….but it is a fact, some have been, and some are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
If you ever want to bend my ear send me a direct message, domenic. God bless.
Thank you Al...your PM box is not open. Send your email to my email which is in my profile.
Do you have a comment of the post I made?

Old 06-16-2014, 06:37 PM

4 posts, read 5,714 times
Thank you Pastor Al and Domenic for your advice. I greatly appreciate it. I will check out the links from the past thread in regards to Masterpath.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzyma View Post
Thank you Pastor Al and Domenic for your advice. I greatly appreciate it. I will check out the links from the past thread in regards to Masterpath.
You may want to talk to those at AA. they may be able to give you more advice. Keep going to God about your friend...if God wants him, he will save him.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,092,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Do you have a comment of the post I made?
No. Just didn't want the thread closed by the moderator.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:55 PM

2,848 posts, read 4,074,860 times
I've read a bit on the Masterpath, I suggest that if you want to help your friend first become familiar with its teachings, so you can relate to him and not sound so intimidating. You don't have to agree with the philosophy but it helps if you educate yourself on its teachings. Remember one persons belief system is another persons cult. Most definitions of a cult are like this: "A cult is a belief system other than mine."

Old 06-18-2014, 09:15 AM

4 posts, read 5,714 times
Hi TerryJ, thanks for that. We understand this, however we feel that his involvement has paralyzed him, in some way. I have been reading and getting involved with different aspects of the Masterpath, and the deeper we look, the more we find that it is effecting his mental state. His personality is also changing. There are a lot of red flags in behavior....

Old 12-27-2018, 03:56 PM

14 posts, read 800 times
Thumbs down Mazzyma~MasterPath

Hello, i want to share my experience of being on the Masterpath for around 12 years. I recently left a couple months ago, but still have close friends and actually my whole family is still devoted. This path and teacher i have found is very destructive, cunning, diabolical, and charlatans posing as Godmen. I have found the Masterpath to not only be exploiting their students on a financial level, but also much much deeper. I have information on Sri Gary Olsen's 990 tax records, and his million dollar property located at Encinia trl. & Mecca rd. In Morongo Valley California. The compound is actually an olive grove of 5 acres with a chain link fence outside a massive berm made of dirt and boulder rocks. Poking out are 6 perfectly manicured scyscraping palm trees, with Garys 2 story balcony with a massive telescope not far behind. Gary is slick as his polyester pants, hairspray, fake tan, and breathmints eeking out of old man cologne old spice.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:59 PM

14 posts, read 800 times
Thumbs down Masterpath Sri Gary Olsen ~another cult

Hello, anyone else had a negative experience with MasterPath?

Old 12-27-2018, 04:51 PM

4,137 posts, read 1,624,528 times
Masterpath? Hmmm, never heard of that. Sounds like an old board game. Oh, that's Mastermind.

Wow, just like that (snap fingers) we're up to three separate threads about it. PR stunt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality