Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:24 PM

32,529 posts, read 21,828,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
To the JW’s on the forum, I will not say The Watch Tower, Bible, and Track Society is a cult, nor will I say any religion is a cult. But, here is what makes a cult:

Control of its members.

Not allowing its members to read anything about other religions unless approved by its leaders.

Not allowing friendships outside of the religion.

To follow only what the leaders say…who are acting as a replacement of Jesus.

Not allowing its members to question anything the leaders say.

Telling members how they can act toward each other in their own home.

Commanded by its leaders to report anything other members do, or say which is against what the leaders say.

They will lie about their history.

They make prophecies that do not come true.

When caught telling something which proves to be false, change their story, and call it new light.

These are just a few things used by cults. They work very good, and it makes it very hard for their members to break free.

Here are a few questions one should ask their leaders:

“All the trees in the Bible are symbolic. What makes the two trees in the Garden real?”

Jesus said, “I am the tree of Life.” if this is true, who, or what is the tree of the knowledge of good, and evil?

In Hebrew, seed means offspring. Why is God talking to Satan in Genesis 3:15 about his offspring?

Gods name in the scrolls as YHWH. Why is he called my another name, when no one can translate YHWH into any other name?

Again, I am not saying any religion is a cult….but it is a fact, some have been, and some are.
It seems that Jesus became a replacement for G-d, the Father...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 10:34 PM

14 posts, read 31,963 times
Check out some more info on Masterpath and good ol Gary Olsen on the religious forums page. Theres some pictures of his olive grove million dollar compound and his lucrative tax exempt files.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I heard that 2 acquaintances were very into "Sri" Gary O...and they were convinced he was the True Master..That's all I know...I believe he was in NM or Arizona?

I almost bought a used hard cover for $8 to just read up on the guy...but didn't.
I wonder what the draw is...his words or his darshan/presence?
Cuz they are 'getting' something from him...anybody can say spiritually high words....so what is it?

Unless, the friend in the 2014 OP is hurting someone...I say let him be happy.

Could you, Alwayswondering, tell us what the 'pull' is that G.O. has?
Hello, your acquaintances might be interested in knowing Masterpath is using students money to buy up reql estate all over. Just found out they own all of Glowing Star rd. In Santa Fe NM. There are several properties on this hill, and each one is worth $900,000 to a million and a half. Not to mention the olive grove berm compound in the desert and properties all over, even in Garys home town Fargo ND. If you research owner if 38 glowing star rd its Joy Olsen, Good ol Garys wife. She vacations at the top of the hill like a queen, with the other sleazy money makers as neighbors, at this Christian camp like compound

Old 12-30-2018, 03:59 AM

9,664 posts, read 9,919,726 times
The only Gary Olson master plan I could see was a plagiarism book he copied and put his name on , which was on the Hindu belief

Old 12-30-2018, 06:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,468,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The only Gary Olson master plan I could see was a plagiarism book he copied and put his name on , which was on the Hindu belief
its far worse than that. For me, what do people that follow him have in common? and how do we protect our children from that type of person?

Old 12-31-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its far worse than that. For me, what do people that follow him have in common? and how do we protect our children from that type of person?
Yes, i believe this rabbit hole goes deeper than plagurism. As a young man i was indoctrinated into this cult, which brainwashes their followers. From my research Gary, his wife Joy, Secretary, and close associates are buying up expensive real estate all over, especially in California, Texas, and New Mexico. This is where all my money was going. After 12 years i finally woke up. I have too much to get off my chest. Masterpath and Gary are going down ��

Old 12-31-2018, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I forgot to mention i was an alcoholic, drug addict, depressed and suicidal from being on the
masterpath. Check out how a long time student murdered his best friend, another long student, in rio rancho nm after being in Sri Gory Olsen's presence. Yes i meant to spell Gary's name like that.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,468,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayswondering View Post
I forgot to mention i was an alcoholic, drug addict, depressed and suicidal from being on the
masterpath. Check out how a long time student murdered his best friend, another long student, in rio rancho nm after being in Sri Gory Olsen's presence. Yes i meant to spell Gary's name like that.
I would tend to think that you were alcoholic, drug addict, depressed and suicidal and so you found the master's path.

he hunts your kind. lmao, well, "our kind". I am just like you.

oh yeah: I am extremely happy that you got out. maybe "proud of you" would be a better statement.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,193,098 times
Have you found or do you want to start up a website/ forum for "Ex-followers" or Recovering followers?
That would be worthwhile for venting and warning others.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I would tend to think that you were alcoholic, drug addict, depressed and suicidal and so you found the master's path.

he hunts your kind. lmao, well, "our kind". I am just like you.

oh yeah: I am extremely happy that you got out. maybe "proud of you" would be a better statement.
Thank you! It took a lot to leave, i feel free finally. My friends and family who are wrapped still think im crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality