Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 01:54 PM

472 posts, read 385,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Why? Really?

Because I know who I am (a gay man) and what I did or didn't choose (didn't choose to be gay) and what can/cannot be changed (you cannot change sexual orientation). Therefore, I live my life with love and as I am. I am happily married to another man and we have children.

The Bible thumpers who hate the gays use the Bible and religion to try and convince people like me to pretend that we're heterosexual. Depending upon the denomination or particular religion, they try to control women and many other aspects of people's lives.
Thank you for your post.

Those who come to your door as Christians, (most) do not understand why you are gay. Their teachers do not teach Gods truth. Why don't you take the time to help them understand?
I know you can't change. No sinner can.
Do I sin? yes. Do I ask for forgiveness when I sin? Yes. Do I know when I am sinning? Yes. Do I say I will never do that sin again? Yes. Do I repeat my sins? Yes. Does God forgive me? Yes, but I don't know why he puts up with me. Does God love me? Yes. But he could find better people than me all day. Are any of my sins less than those who are homosexual? No...sin is sin.
Get a Bible. read it. You are as much Gods children as the person at your door. Talk to him/her. Have a Bible study. If you come to know God, and his son Jesus, that will not change the fact you are homosexual. Don't worry about that. After Jesus returns, he will rule for 1,000 years. The earth will become a paradise. Humans will receive a perfect body, and the use of their whole brain...all sin will be removed from us. As we are now, Jesus says, "You(we) can not be good if you wanted to."
Do not let your sin keep you from God. I always warn people...stay away from religions. They are not from God...that I can prove all day long.

Thank you for your post. How old are your children?

Domenic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Why should you get a special pass to discriminate? Because of your religion?

Well, precisely where does that end? We already have pharmacists refusing to fill legitimate contraception scripts because they're against contraception - in fact, I sometimes think it has less to do with following their religion and more to do with playing politics. These pharmacists are deliberately hindering the acquisition of birth control, and I think those actions go far beyond merely staying true to one's personal religion.

But hey, if pharmacists are legally allowed to be derelict of their duties as a pharmacist because of their religion, where does that stop? Can doctors refuse to treat patients who checked a box on a form indicating they are of a different religion than the doctor? Can Muslim waiters and waitresses begin refusing to take customer orders for food involving pork? Or can a Muslim veterinarian refuse to treat dogs because they are "unclean"?

Just how far do you think we should go in letting professional people push their personal religion onto customers and clients while on the job?
I would not ask the law to give me a pass, nor ask that a law be changed. My standing for what my God commands I will obey first. My refusing to make the wedding cake is not a protest against gays, it is doing what my God says I must do, even in the face of death.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Go to the God you don't believe in, and ask him..."Please give me the truth."
Or you can just Google "Christian Identity" and find out about the devil's sperm and end-time wars and some of the people who are trying to sell this stuff.

Which will free up God to do things like heal kids with cancer.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
...snip... My refusing to make the wedding cake is not a protest against gays, it is doing what my God says I must do, even in the face of death.
Darn noble of you, dom.

I can see it on a gravestone: Death Before Baking!

Old 06-23-2014, 02:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
What I have posted below, I understand those who do not believe in the Bible will not accept. Matter of fact, most Christians will not accept it either. Let me go ten steps further…"Most men and women on earth will not accept it. The reason I am posting it, is in the hope that maybe one person who is gay, and loves God…who is feeling like they are headed for hell…finds comfort in the fact that all you have been told about the subject by religions…is not true. Homosexuality is a sin. Telling a lie is a sin. There are many sins. The word sin means; "Falling short of the mark." It simply means it is not an A+. It means we are not perfect…not on person on earth is perfect…we all fall short of the mark.

Jesus said, "You could not be good if you wanted to." That sums me up. Does it sum you up too?

To understand what I am about to present, I first have to explain what took place in the Garden. Many do not want to hear this, and if you are one of these, please stop reading.
Comments will be welcome.

Ready? It may help if you follow along with a Bible; Before I start, I want to first say: I am not Homosexual, but, all peoples of earth, do have a spark of homosexual desire within them. It’s why non-homosexuals hate homosexuals. We all hate what we hid within us. How many have used the N word, and say, "I’m not prejudice?" Every body is prejudice about something. "Send them back to their own country." yada, yada, yada…if it’s not this, it’s that.

When God created Adam, he told the angels to serve man. Simple command, or was it?

Say you were one of these angels. You are big, powerful, beautiful, and you have been around a vary long time. You’re not the new kid on the block. Now the Boss created this new creature. He is small. Has the brain of a jelly fish. And look, he doesn’t even have feathers. The Boss tells you…"I want you to serve man."

"What? Can you repeat that?"

"I said I want you to serve man."

"Hay guys, is he joking?"

"Do it, and do it now."

"What are you going to do if we don’t? Look at him…he can’t even walk in a straight line. He doesn’t even know what he is, or where he is. I pass on this assignment."

God is pretty predictable. When he tells one of his creatures to do something, and they refuse…he puts them in a position where they have to…and of course, there are always consequences that get attached to the command. When these angels rebelled, God simply cast them down in a human like form. Not full human, and higher than the animals. Being an understanding God, he let them keep their beauty.

Satan was some kind of big shot. Very close to the Boss. He’s a little guy, but very beautiful, and smart too. He always harbored the dream of someday having a dimension of his own where he could be like a God…but to do that you need followers. Yes, followers. If he could get other angels to follow him…he could be like God. Yes.

Well in the mean time God tells his new creature that he named, Adam…Pointing at Jesus he said, "This is the tree of life. Take in his fruit, and you will live forever." Pointing at Satan, he shook his finger, "Do not eat from his words. If you do, you will die."

End of part one.
According to your Bible, all sins are created equal, and everyone sins. Cased closed.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
According to your Bible, all sins are created equal, and everyone sins. Cased closed.
That's what I said. The Bible proves that.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Or you can just Google "Christian Identity" and find out about the devil's sperm and end-time wars and some of the people who are trying to sell this stuff.

Which will free up God to do things like heal kids with cancer.
He will heal all people...in his time, not when you demand it.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:06 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
That's what I said. The Bible proves that.
Then stop fixating on homosexuality and move on to some other sin.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

Which one do you have?

Old 06-24-2014, 06:04 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Quote:
Which one do you have?
Shellfish eater? Like meat and cheese together? Or is it the big cotton/poly blend sinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality