Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,094,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It would help if you could say to whom your posts are addressed, so the appropriate person can respond as you deserve.
Although I haven't retraced the thread to be sure, I suspect there's a poster nicknamed "history analysis" up there somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 11:37 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,587,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Although I haven't retraced the thread to be sure, I suspect there's a poster nicknamed "history analysis" up there somewhere.
If so, humble apologies may be in order.

Katspur I do humbly apologize. Following from my post, I thought you were dissing me unfairly. I should have checked and seen that the OP's post was the one that was a bit messy.

I withdraw my comments absolutely and will have a lie down. I am obviously in seed of a nap.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,902,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
Moses had an innocent man murdered for picking up sticks on his Sabbath, and Moses also had 3000 innocent Jews murdered for erecting the Golden calf shrine. Moses also led the Jews to murdering whole towns, and made the laws that no one shall create, or worship any other deity, or else be killed. Moses was WORSE than Hitler. Jesus not only took Moses's and YHWH's side, he actually performed all his miracles on their behalf. Jesus spread their influence. Forced conversion, or forced monotheism occurred by those FOLLOWING JESUS AND THE BIBLE.

If it was law--all knew--it was their fault not Moses fault--he was under the same law--And God ordered the deaths. No one should worship any other God besides the only true one. Because it is satan posing as every false god in existence--for worship. sin = worship to satan. Jesus true followers forced no one--they were taught to wipe the dust off of their feet when leaving a rejectors home. Jehovah sends one to Jesus--not forces one ever--the whole reason behind freewill.
God saw hardly no one could live by the written law--he sent his son with a new covenant--Love---love conquers all.

3000 idiots killed---they just witnessed 10 plagues on their behalf for freedom, and the parting of a sea so they could escape, and God killed the pursuers--they knew 100% YHWH(Jehovah) did that on their behalf--1 week later making a false god to worship--- no intelligence involved by those men whatsoever.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:45 PM

63,571 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
If it was law--all knew--it was their fault not Moses fault--he was under the same law--And God ordered the deaths. No one should worship any other God besides the only true one. Because it is satan posing as every false god in existence--for worship.
Hmmmm. How do you know when it is something from the true God and when it is something from satan posing as God???? What can we use to be absolutely certain it is of the true God??? Since God IS agape love . . . that would be testing the Spirit of it against agape love. If it is NOT compatible with agape love it is NOT of the true God, period. It is unambiguous and completely trustworthy since God who IS agape love has "written in our hearts" in agape love and we have the Comforter to guide us to it.
Quote:
sin = worship to satan. Jesus true followers forced no one--they were taught to wipe the dust off of their feet when leaving a rejectors home. Jehovah sends one to Jesus--not forces one ever--the whole reason behind freewill.
God saw hardly no one could live by the written law--he sent his son with a new covenant--Love---love conquers all.
Amen!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:47 PM

995 posts, read 953,431 times
Quote:
If it was law--all knew--it was their fault not Moses fault--he was under the same law--And God ordered the deaths. No one should worship any other God besides the only true one. Because it is satan posing as every false god in existence--for worship. sin = worship to satan. Jesus true followers forced no one--they were taught to wipe the dust off of their feet when leaving a rejectors home. Jehovah sends one to Jesus--not forces one ever--the whole reason behind freewill.

3000 idiots killed---they just witnessed 10 plagues on their behalf for freedom, and the parting of a sea so they could escape, and God killed the pursuers--they knew 100% YHWH(Jehovah) did that on their behalf--1 week later making a false god to worship--- no intelligence involved by those men whatsoever.

YHWH = Satan. There is no freedom. It is a forced monotheism. Worship YHWH, and NO ONE else, or else DIE. That is the law of Moses. Jesus performed miracles on YHWH's and Moses's behalf. YHWH is the immoral God of terrorism. The Bible makes God out to be worse than Hitler and Charles Manson combined. Those 3000 calf worshippers hurt NOBODY. They were expressing their love in a very Holy way. The Bible has made you into a bigoted heartless wretch.

Christians practiced forced conversions all throughout History. Practice Christianity, and NO OTHER religion, or else DIE. That was the laws that made Christianity grow. They destroyed other religions, and burned people at the stake for practicing other religions, just as Moses would have done. Christianity is one of the greatest evils ever inflicted upon man.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:29 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,308,516 times
Quote:
Which is utter and complete nonsense. WHY would all of those people just up and randomly decide to worship a calf.

A CALF for crying out loud.

WHY?!

Well, it's because they never did any such thing. It's a story. Nothing more. The author had to write in an example of what happens to Hebrews when they worship other gods, so that's what the author came up with - a golden calf.

Now, in the real world, people would not do something so random and arbitrary - especially after having seen all of those miracles. As an historical event, it's patently ridiculous. As a story, it works just fine.

And ... I think the original point here is how nasty this god of yours is who seems to relish in making draconic laws and then performing summary executions for the slightest breach.

Why would anyone want to worship a god like that aside from being so petrified of it that you worship just to avoid being slaughtered where you stand for farting on Sunday or some other silly law.

Last edited by Shirina; 07-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: My first post was killed by God for making a typo on the Sabbath.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:42 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,094,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Which is utter and complete nonsense. WHY would all of those people just up and randomly decide to worship a calf.

WHY?!

Well, it's because they never did any such thing. It's a story. Nothing more. The author had to write in an example of what happens to Hebrews when they worship other gods, so that's what the author came up with - a golden calf.

Now, in the real world, people would not do something so random and arbitrary - especially after having seen all of those miracles. As an historical event, it's patently ridiculous. As a story, it works just fine.

And ... I think the original point here is how nasty this god of yours is who seems to relish in making draconic laws and then performing summary executions for the slightest breach.

Why would anyone want to worship a god like that aside from being so petrified of it that you worship just to avoid being slaughtered where you stand for farting on Sunday or some other silly law.
It's astonishing, isn't it, that anyone nowadays would consider that story (and many others in the bible) as actually depicting true events?

My fervent hope is that the internet proves to be the vehicle that educates the world.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:43 PM

63,571 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
WHY?!
Ah Shirina . . . ROTFLMAO!!!! I love your wit! I will enjoy ribbing you about your atheism in the next life . . . although I hope it won't be for a long, long time.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:

WHY?!

Gods word teaches--mens hearts are desperate and treacherous---means they can easily fool oneself into false reasonings--and obviously most follow the crowd to fit in( weak)--Moses was gone on the mountain they didn't think he was coming back--they got bored---as well Gods adversary is always on the prowl against his seed( followers)

Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
YHWH = Satan. There is no freedom. It is a forced monotheism. Worship YHWH, and NO ONE else, or else DIE. That is the law of Moses. Jesus performed miracles on YHWH's and Moses's behalf. YHWH is the immoral God of terrorism. The Bible makes God out to be worse than Hitler and Charles Manson combined. Those 3000 calf worshippers hurt NOBODY. They were expressing their love in a very Holy way. The Bible has made you into a bigoted heartless wretch.

Christians practiced forced conversions all throughout History. Practice Christianity, and NO OTHER religion, or else DIE. That was the laws that made Christianity grow. They destroyed other religions, and burned people at the stake for practicing other religions, just as Moses would have done. Christianity is one of the greatest evils ever inflicted upon man.

But Yhwh did all of this to get love and to give love--he created mortals to know only good, to live forever, but didn't want robots( worse than free will) so he made a single tree not to eat of and warned death to anyone that did. But in reality wanted all to choose of their own free will to love and listen to his guidance--was that so much to ask for being handed life everlasting in perfection to not do one thing. the first two mortals chose this satan ruled world--the issues raised against God by the rebels actions are being settled once and for all time--do we need Gods directions to find the best path to a happy life?? and it has been proven---yes we do--its almost done--I pray you have chosen wisely-Deuteronomy 30:19---by actions.
The great apostasy accomplished the things you say--Gods people listen to him and his son --and Gods word clearly teaches---wipe the dust off of your feet when leaving one who rejects--it also teaches God sends those he picks to Jesus--it cannot be forced and no true followers would ever try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality