Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times

Advertisements

Hitler claimed to be Christian. And he had a somewhat cozy relationship with the Catholic Church, which didn't lift a finger to oppose the holocaust.

On a related note, how many are aware that Stalin attended an orthodox seminary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:26 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Man sees things in mans ways, and God sees things in Gods ways.

God created man. Man is God property. God created man to serve him, according to Gods laws. God has the right to do what he wants with his property.
Many complain when God takes, or does not save the live of a person(s).
Whatever God does is always for good…never for bad. Those he puts in the grave he can bring back to life…which he will do. Some to life, and some to judgment.

Those who judge him, will be judged by him.
No, they will not.

The god you believe in does not, never has, and never will, exist.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:29 PM

472 posts, read 384,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No, they will not.

The god you believe in does not, never has, and never will, exist.
Wrong again...I feel so sorry for you. Give up this silly idea of yours...it will just keep you unhappy.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:42 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,307,929 times
Quote:

God created man. Man is God property. God created man to serve him, according to Gods laws. God has the right to do what he wants with his property.
Whatever God does is always for good…never for bad. Those he puts in the grave he can bring back to life…which he will do. Some to life, and some to judgment.

If you really think that human beings are "God's property" and that God has a "right" to do what he wants with us, including (but not limited to) creating us to be a slave race, well ... guess what.

It means you worship an immoral God.

And if your God has the "right" to do as he pleases, it means that nothing ... and I do mean NOTHING - found in the Bible can be trusted. Because God would also have the "right" to lie to you, to deceive you, and to snuff your soul out of existence just to have a nanosecond of amusement.

That's the problem with claiming that God has the right to behave immorally. It puts believers like you into a very awkward position. It means all of that worshiping and believing is for naught, for at the end of your life, God can toss you aside like a piece of trash. There's no logic in putting all your money on the idea that an already immoral and depraved God is going to reward your loyalty. Why bother? Do masters pay their slaves?

And why ... why, for the love of all that is holy ... would an omnipotent God need servants?

"Gee whiz, I could simply make happen what I want to happen with but a thought, but nah, instead, I'll send some minions to do it even though it'll take a lot longer and will likely be botched considering how imperfect they are."

There's not a shred of logic anywhere to be found.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Wrong again...I feel so sorry for you. Give up this silly idea of yours...it will just keep you unhappy.
Copying again.

Ever had an original thought?

Old 06-29-2014, 01:47 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,893,738 times
Quote:

Old 06-30-2014, 06:45 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hitler claimed to be Christian. And he had a somewhat cozy relationship with the Catholic Church, which didn't lift a finger to oppose the holocaust.

On a related note, how many are aware that Stalin attended an orthodox seminary?
I did!! Do I get a gold..uh,,legged fish? I heard that when someone tried to use that to argue that Stalin was really not an atheist. I didn't buy it myself as I assumed that he didn't buy the teachings, or at least switched alleigance to Leninism. It may be pertinent to not that Russian religion is not catholicism, but Russian orthodox. Closer to Constantinople than to Vatican.

But even then, I am not sure. Stalin saw the soviets as a power tool ( ) and that one of its tenets was atheism might have looked to him, a useful way of ensuring that the people followed him, not some church or other.

Is is so unlikely that, like Hitler, he believed in a divine power looking out for him? I heard reports about him willing to do a deal with the Russian orthodox church in exchange for their prayers to save Moscow from the German invasion. I heard that he had a holy icon flown around the capital in a helicopter and, when Op. Barbarossa was finally thrown back after Kursk, he stopped active persecution.

If that is so (and I am not risking any Roubles on it just yet) it means that Stalin was no more an atheist than Hitler was, though his God would apparently take requests from any of the faithful, whereas Hitler's God apparently took orders only from Hitler.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Quote:

I don't get this.

How do you know he is wrong? I know you believe it utterly, but that is not evidence at all.

How you feel about us is irrelevant. We feel a bit sorry for you, that Godfaith seems to have messed up your mental wiring - as it does even the most brilliant and erudite...

We will give ip this idea of yours if you show it to be silly. saying your opinion of it is mere foolishness. The accusation of being kept unhappy by not having godfaith is either inaccurate or irrelevant.

Honest truth is always better than comfortable lies and the religious may be happy...so is a drunkard when he is drunk.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:33 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,480 times
Poor ol' Adolph, he will never be able to live this one down...

Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,901,928 times
Moderator cut: Quoted OP removed for brevity

No, no one like Hitler is a real Christian, nor would a Christian or a real teacher of Jesus--kill for him or allow the young men to kill for him-- Imagine anyone actually believing Jesus would condone brothers in Christ killing for Adolf Hitler or standing on both sides of a war of hatred blowing each others heads off on the orders of men. And one of the biggest hipocrosys of all time is teachers claiming to serve Jesus--praying to the same god on both sides of a war---this is sick. Even sicker to believe a servant of Jesus would do anything like that.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-02-2014 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Quoted OP removed for brevity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality