Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 10:46 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A turnip, eh?

Gee, I dunno Dew. Some might prefer to remain hungry.

Now if Thrill could conjure up a mess of perogies drizzled with butter and dipped in sour cream....
I'll get right on it, Trout. Perogies with butter and sour cream coming right up.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A turnip isn't a creature.
Good catch. Part of creation, but not a creature. Thank you for keeping me straight.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:03 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'll get right on it, Trout. Perogies with butter and sour cream coming right up.
There is this little town in Alberta which has the pyrogy as it's mascot. The restaurant there serves a plethora of different kinds of pyrogies, including wild blueberries.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:04 AM

If you didn't like the way this thread was going, you sure did a good job of stopping it dead in it's tracks.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:25 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you didn't like the way this thread was going, you sure did a good job of stopping it dead in it's tracks.
It's a very frequent practice; in fact, it happens more often then not.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:07 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Satan must be allowed to operate for a while longer.

Then he doesn't -at the moment - exercise the power he (supposedly) has over Satan. Which means, in terms of the discussion, that he has a free hand, here and now.

Quote:
There comes a time when a thread is becoming pointless other than a laugh.

You improvised speculations about what satan does or does not do, are of little use to us as we are quite sure that you have no actual knowledge of this and it is all hypothetical supposition, spray starched with Faith.

So talking about snacks is actually more useful to us.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Then he doesn't -at the moment - exercise the power he (supposedly) has over Satan. Which means, in terms of the discussion, that he has a free hand, here and now.
He doesn't have a free hand. He is allowed to do certain things for God's purposes. You are familiar with the Book of Job I know. As you also know, after the Millenium Satan will be again loosed to test man as to whether he will follow God or Satan. Satan is now restrained by the Holy Spirit as to what he can do. After the Rapture the restraint will be removed and Satan will have free reign to do as he will. It will be the worst time that ever has been or ever again will be. Then Christ will return and bind Satan in the pit for a thousand years. You know all this being well versed in the Bible. The thing to keep in mind about Satan is that he absolutely hates human beings, and any contact he has with us is meant to harm us however else it is made to appear. Satan always pays with counterfeit money.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
He doesn't have a free hand. He is allowed to do certain things for God's purposes. You are familiar with the Book of Job I know. As you also know, after the Millenium Satan will be again loosed to test man as to whether he will follow God or Satan. Satan is now restrained by the Holy Spirit as to what he can do. After the Rapture the restraint will be removed and Satan will have free reign to do as he will. It will be the worst time that ever has been or ever again will be. Then Christ will return and bind Satan in the pit for a thousand years. You know all this being well versed in the Bible. The thing to keep in mind about Satan is that he absolutely hates human beings, and any contact he has with us is meant to harm us however else it is made to appear. Satan always pays with counterfeit money.
Ah. So you subscribe to the idea that Satan is God's gofor. I am of course familiar with many of the various scenarios for the last Days, confused as they have been by the failure of Jesus to return or for the last days to happen. And it will be so bad...because God has decided it will be. Clearly God hates us as much as Satan. No, this just doesn't stack up any more than the confusion about judgement now or later - which I don't think you answered, preferring to explain your interpretation of apocalyptic tales. They bother me no more than tales of Ragnarok

Old 06-27-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Ah. So you subscribe to the idea that Satan is God's gofor. I am of course familiar with many of the various scenarios for the last Days, confused as they have been by the failure of Jesus to return or for the last days to happen. And it will be so bad...because God has decided it will be. Clearly God hates us as much as Satan. No, this just doesn't stack up any more than the confusion about judgement now or later - which I don't think you answered, preferring to explain your interpretation of apocalyptic tales. They bother me no more than tales of Ragnarok
Fine. I'll leave you to your meditations. But God doesn't hate us. It's tough love. We have to show who's side we're on.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Fine. I'll leave you to your meditations. But God doesn't hate us. It's tough love. We have to show who's side we're on.
I do not like dictators, even invisible ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality