U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 06:43 PM

472 posts, read 307,241 times

Advertisements

The planet, Wilderness Earth.

Man has always named his land. When the People from Europe came to North America, and settled on the East Coast of what we now call, The United States, they named their villages, and towns after those they came from.

England, became, New England. York, became, New York. Jersey became, New Jersey. And so it went.

How did man come to name this planet, Wilderness Earth? True, to all but the Native Americans, this land was a wilderness. Today man has the whole planet pictured. There is not one spot hidden away. Google Earth is a window for all the people of the world with a computer. Nothing is hidden.

The Bible tells of a Garden…Eden. Genesis says God put the first man, and women out of the garden, and cast them into the Wilderness. Truth, of fable? No one on Google Earth has seen this Garden of Eden? If it was real perhaps it was washed away by the great flood?

Many strange things have been found on this tiny planet. Strange things, things out of place?

Once I began reasoning about Genesis, and the story of the Garden. The findings of archeologist contradict the Bible story of this place. Why I asked, would God settle two naked people on such a dangerous planet? Giant dinosaurs. These creatures would eat anything that moved, or they smelled. Not a good place for two naked humans. Earth quakes, volcanoes, poison plants. Bugs with venom. Lighting. Floods, Tornados. Neanderthal. Land slides.

This tiny planet we call Wilderness Earth, was, and is a dangerous place. Why I asked, Why would God put our parents on such a place? Maybe the earth was different? But these strange things they keep finding? Dinosaurs were real. We have so many dinosaur bone, we could build a bridge from here to the moon. Maybe the Garden was just a little place with a magic wall around it? But wait, there were also giant Birds that could eat a man in one bit. This little garden would also need a roof.

I used to tell myself, "Domenic, stop this stupid thinking." Stupid? I can prove the Bible…but I can also prove how dangerous this planet is. To many things have been found, and they are real. If the Bible is true, why would God place man on this Wilderness Earth?

To change the topic; NASA says Mars was once in about the same orbit as Wilderness Earth. NASA also said the big swipe mark on Mars was made when it was hit by a planet the size of Jupiter, which destroyed its magnetic field, and its surface was blown away.

Back to why God would put two naked humans of the Wilderness Earth. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:25 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,442,321 times
domenic, follow this timeline (click on link) and you will see that the age of those gigantic dinosaurs and flying reptilian like birds came a couple of hundred million years before mammals and man showed up. The creatures you mentioned went extinct before man ever appeared on Earth. We only know of them through the fossil record.

As to why God would put two naked humans on the Earth? In creation stories, the people that wrote them used symbolic allegory to weave their stories. They are not meant to be taken literally. The writers needed a starting point for mankind and they formed the Adam and Eve story. Btw, everyone comes into this world naked. Now that is a fact and that is also a part of the meaning of the allegory!!

Of course, nowadays we come into this world (wilderness) naked in a nice clean sterile hospital. Not everyone, but many do. There are still many in parts of the world that come into it in less than aseptic conditions and still manage to survive.... just like Adam & Eve in the story.

http://rumsey3.s3.amazonaws.com/imag...ime/Bayer2.jpg

Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM

4,480 posts, read 4,219,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
The planet, Wilderness Earth.

Man has always named his land. When the People from Europe came to North America, and settled on the East Coast of what we now call, The United States, they named their villages, and towns after those they came from.

England, became, New England. York, became, New York. Jersey became, New Jersey. And so it went.

How did man come to name this planet, Wilderness Earth? True, to all but the Native Americans, this land was a wilderness. Today man has the whole planet pictured. There is not one spot hidden away. Google Earth is a window for all the people of the world with a computer. Nothing is hidden.

The Bible tells of a Garden…Eden. Genesis says God put the first man, and women out of the garden, and cast them into the Wilderness. Truth, of fable? No one on Google Earth has seen this Garden of Eden? If it was real perhaps it was washed away by the great flood?

Many strange things have been found on this tiny planet. Strange things, things out of place?

Once I began reasoning about Genesis, and the story of the Garden. The findings of archeologist contradict the Bible story of this place. Why I asked, would God settle two naked people on such a dangerous planet? Giant dinosaurs. These creatures would eat anything that moved, or they smelled. Not a good place for two naked humans. Earth quakes, volcanoes, poison plants. Bugs with venom. Lighting. Floods, Tornados. Neanderthal. Land slides.

This tiny planet we call Wilderness Earth, was, and is a dangerous place. Why I asked, Why would God put our parents on such a place? Maybe the earth was different? But these strange things they keep finding? Dinosaurs were real. We have so many dinosaur bone, we could build a bridge from here to the moon. Maybe the Garden was just a little place with a magic wall around it? But wait, there were also giant Birds that could eat a man in one bit. This little garden would also need a roof.

I used to tell myself, "Domenic, stop this stupid thinking." Stupid? I can prove the Bible…but I can also prove how dangerous this planet is. To many things have been found, and they are real. If the Bible is true, why would God place man on this Wilderness Earth?

To change the topic; NASA says Mars was once in about the same orbit as Wilderness Earth. NASA also said the big swipe mark on Mars was made when it was hit by a planet the size of Jupiter, which destroyed its magnetic field, and its surface was blown away.

Back to why God would put two naked humans of the Wilderness Earth. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

No god placed humans here we evolved on this dangerous planet. And the birds you are referring predated man by at least 1.5 million years not to mention dinosaurs. And I've never heard the theory that Mars was hit by a gas giant. A planet the size of Jupiter colliding with Mars would totally destroy Mars.

This post is kind of silly.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
domenic, follow this timeline (click on link) and you will see that the age of those gigantic dinosaurs and flying reptilian like birds came a couple of hundred million years before mammals and man showed up. The creatures you mentioned went extinct before man ever appeared on Earth. We only know of them through the fossil record.

As to why God would put two naked humans on the Earth? In creation stories, the people that wrote them used symbolic allegory to weave their stories. They are not meant to be taken literally. The writers needed a starting point for mankind and they formed the Adam and Eve story. Btw, everyone comes into this world naked. Now that is a fact and that is also a part of the meaning of the allegory!!

Of course, nowadays we come into this world (wilderness) naked in a nice clean sterile hospital. Not everyone, but many do. There are still many in parts of the world that come into it in less than aseptic conditions and still manage to survive.... just like Adam & Eve in the story.

http://rumsey3.s3.amazonaws.com/imag...ime/Bayer2.jpg
Well I don't know. Help me out here. You guys always say, "Follow Science."

DINOSAURAND HUMANFOOTPRINTS - FOSSIL CARBON DATING AND ...

[SIZE=3]dinosaur[/SIZE][SIZE=3]c14ages.com/[/SIZE][SIZE=3]footprints[/SIZE][SIZE=3].htm[/SIZE] Cached
There will be both pristine dinosaur and human footprints together in the second ... There are many other places in the world where human and dinosaur footprints ...

Old 06-22-2014, 11:19 PM

10,202 posts, read 5,730,063 times
Quote:

[SIZE=3]dinosaur[/SIZE][SIZE=3]c14ages.com/[/SIZE][SIZE=3]footprints[/SIZE][SIZE=3].htm[/SIZE] Cached
There will be both pristine dinosaur and human footprints together in the second ... There are many other places in the world where human and dinosaur footprints ...
This was debunked in the 1930's, 1975 and again 2009. How often do you creationists keep flogging this dead horse?

If you want to follow the science on this myth, try these:

Old 06-22-2014, 11:41 PM

3,923 posts, read 2,727,238 times
Quote:
The most probable answer is: God did not.

If He did, we probably would have been eaten by a pack of velociraptors.

Assuming we could have survived the velociraptors we'd have the problem of inbreeding.

So, no matter how you look at it, patterns we see in this reality do not point to two beings being tossed nude and alone into a world with velociraptors.

Now that we know God probably did not toss us alone an naked into a world with hungry velociraptors, how else might have we gotten here? Well, there are some primates that look a lot like us and share a large amount of our DNA. Our wisdom teeth might have once been useful in a longer jaw. When we get goosebumps, if we were furry it would have made the hair on our bodies stand straiter and hold heat better (and those beings that look like us also happen to be hairy). Our ears have a group of muscles that, in many monkeys, are used to swivel their ears. They're useless for most of us, unless we can wiggle our ears.

Also, the Palmer Grasp Reflex:

The palmar grasp stage disappears when the infant is six months old. As the child comes close to six months, the frontal lobes inhibit the palmar grasp. It is also said that in this stage, the infant grasp the object so tightly, that it can support its own weight. In this stage, when the infant’s palm is stroked, it will grasp the object and when it is stroked on the back, the infant will release the object. As the child develops, the palmar grasp stage will be refined to finer grasp stage.
http://childpack.com/palmar-grasp/

(I think it's only some infants that grasp that strongly)
Now, why would a human infant need to grasp anything that tightly? It's not like our infants ever climb trees....

Last edited by Clintone; 06-23-2014 at 12:13 AM..

Old 06-22-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
This was debunked in the 1930's, 1975 and again 2009. How often do you creationists keep flogging this dead horse?

If you want to follow the science on this myth, try these:
You have one person saying many others are wrong?

Old 06-23-2014, 12:37 AM

10,202 posts, read 5,730,063 times
Quote:
You have one person saying many others are wrong?
I have no idea what your trying to ask. Which one person? Why the question mark after wrong?

Old 06-23-2014, 04:51 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,442,321 times
Quote:

Like cupper3 indicated, that idea is not supported by mainstream science.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Like cupper3 indicated, that idea is not supported by mainstream science.
Many speak of science like it is the god of knowledge...it is not. There is more science proof in the Bible then all of mans science together. You are standing on proof. All you see is proof. Everything about you was designed by the only scientist there is, God. All the rest are like little ants trying to figure out what a jackass is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or