Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 PM

472 posts, read 385,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The bible speaks of a lot of things - some wrong, some possibly right, some wise, some ridiculous.

I'm sure, in your mind, the bible identifies me as yet another byproduct of Satan's sperm. Someone spreading lies to further some nefarious aim.
Well, my only aim is to seek what is true.
I come from Ukrainian farming stock. And as any farmer can tell you, it's vital to separate the wheat from the chaff. It's unfortunate that you, and many other mostly-Americans, have difficulty doing so when it comes to your bible. In fact, in your particular case, you not only cannot separate the wheat from the chaff, you invent more chaff and try to tell people it's wheat.
It's too bad. Because such misunderstanding creates and then exacerbates paranoid, hopeless, depressed feelings.
I feel badly for anyone whose beliefs do not bring peace of mind.
And yours do not.
If you are from the Ukrain, you know of the bearded darnel...the Tares. The workers ran to the farmer shouting, "The Tares are among the wheat master, shall we pull them out?" "No," replied the master, "lest you pluck the wheat with it. When the harvest is rip, then we will gather the Tares, and cast them into the fire."
Feel badly for the day when the master sends his workers into the field for harvest, when the darnel stand up strong, and proud...and the wheat is heavy, and bends deep.

[SIZE=6][/SIZE]

Old 06-28-2014, 07:58 PM

618 posts, read 540,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
NASA has many locations, and many people...were you a scientist, truck driver, or clean up person?
Hello again domenic.

I am not sure what you are asking me. I clearly stated that I am not, and have never been involved with NASA. For the record, I am a chemist by profession.

Now that we've cleared that up, please explain the apparent success of our space program given that NASA clearly has an erroneous representation of the solar system (as demonstrated by the NASA website I provided).

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 PM

348 posts, read 294,412 times
I was thinking besides a science blog which I saw addressing this issue, the earth is described by some as a living , changing life-like dynamic thing, which as its known produce's same, life changing things which move. So the speculation it's not moving wouldn't be in step with its nature and ability to do what it does.

Also, there are a few like solar systems and earth like planets, if the theory is true it would need to address why those detected planets which would be billions of others, even if not identical to earth, why wouldn't they be not moving a little bit, Iow a construction is being proposed by the scheme and there could be a problem with the overall implications. ( one center of gravity, earth.

Not that it is a big deal but sometimes some general thinking can help. Plus in religion some of the writers have referred to God and our solar keeper for expressing things, the reasoning I think would have earth revolve around god, I don't think its an all together outcome which fits perfectly with all theism perspectives, not that Im arguing anything as mentioned was just thinking.

Last edited by Sophronius; 06-28-2014 at 08:39 PM..

Old 06-28-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello again domenic.

I am not sure what you are asking me. I clearly stated that I am not, and have never been involved with NASA. For the record, I am a chemist by profession.

Now that we've cleared that up, please explain the apparent success of our space program given that NASA clearly has an erroneous representation of the solar system (as demonstrated by the NASA website I provided).

Thanks.
You want me to tell you of the success of NASA? Sorry, NASA sends me no reports on that, or anything they do. Why don't you find out, and get back to me. Can you do that?

Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You want me to tell you of the success of NASA? Sorry, NASA sends me no reports on that, or anything they do. Why don't you find out, and get back to me. Can you do that?
Does displaying total ignorance of the undeniable facts of science today not cause you any embarrassment at all, domenic???

Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 PM

618 posts, read 540,601 times
Quote:
Hello again domenic.

So if we strip away the unnecessary sarcasm, your answer is "I don't know how our space program could accomplish the many feats of precision that it has clearly succeeded in doing without an accurate model of the solar system." And that model of the solar system is heliocentric.

I think my work here is done.

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:54 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You claim the math proves your point...list a link that you used to back that up, or did you do the math yourself?
Curious About Astronomy: Is there a proof that Earth moves?

Stellar Aberration of Light

Aberration of light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stellar Aberration

Stellar Parallax

Parallax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doppler Effect

Doppler effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Doppler Effect

These are all observations that are mathematically explained not to mention Kepler's Laws of Motion.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Does displaying total ignorance of the undeniable facts of science today not cause you any embarrassment at all, domenic???
Does not understanding Gods written word not embarrass you...who claim to be a servant of God? You have more interest with friendship with the world.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello again domenic.

So if we strip away the unnecessary sarcasm, your answer is "I don't know how our space program could accomplish the many feats of precision that it has clearly succeeded in doing without an accurate model of the solar system." And that model of the solar system is heliocentric.

I think my work here is done.

Thanks.
Your work? Who are you working for...God?

Old 06-28-2014, 09:03 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
How can we in 2014 still discuss if earth moves? Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality