Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 07:35 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Sounds like you have faith in the courts
Yes, I do. I didn't used to have faith in the courts, but now I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
If many more of these ridiculous things happen, I will stop looking for places to live here in America, and go somewhere with less nut jobs trying to force their religion into everyone's lives.
I understand. Like the Great Ronald Reagan said, "Vote with your feet."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 07:43 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I am still waiting for a good response from the religious right on this issue. I maybe be waiting for many more years.

Why would I care who someone else is sleeping with? It does not involve me and it is none of my business anyway. I have enough fun in bed with my own wife. Why should I care what two guys across town are doing in their bedroom?

Second, society has evolved into wanting this type of behavior. That is not a "Sin" or anything else, it is the normal evolution of our society based on 21st century values. Get over it and move on.

Finally, what gives any religious group the right to force their beliefs on everyone else? Certainly not the US Constitution and certainly not the concept of freedom. Homosexuality is not the disease but Homophobia is. Think about that. "Moral decay" is not the problem, " intellectual decay" is. That is the reality.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Second, society has evolved into wanting this type of behavior. That is not a "Sin" or anything else, it is the normal evolution of our society based on 21st century values. Get over it and move on.
Sin does not "evolve". Right and wrong hasn't changed since the creation of man. What society "wants" doesn't make wrong right.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:32 AM

112 posts, read 92,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Hiring practices? Are we both in the same conversation?
Did you read the link? They want to be able to not hire someone based on their sexuality. That would be discriminatory hiring practices. So indeed, we must be in a different conversation, as I am in the conversation that this thread is about. So I'll ask again, where does it say in your holy book that you should not hire gays? Please, point me to a passage? Otherwise it is simply something they don't want to do, based on personal feelings, not religious ones, and should not be allowed. Otherwise, what's next? Can you not hire black people because your religion says no? Women?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:42 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisblues1986 View Post
So I'll ask again, where does it say in your holy book that you should not hire gays? Please, point me to a passage? Otherwise it is simply something they don't want to do, based on personal feelings, not religious ones, and should not be allowed. Otherwise, what's next? Can you not hire black people because your religion says no? Women?
No, there is nothing in the Bible about not hiring homosexuals or blacks.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,787,901 times
Quote:
No, there is nothing in the Bible about not hiring homosexuals or blacks.
Good, so you agree that the religious organizations who are demanding the right to discriminate against homosexuals while receiving federal funding are out of line. After all the Bible doesn't mandate that they refuse to hire gay individuals to perform non-religious charity work...

-NoCapo

Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Good, so you agree that the religious organizations who are demanding the right to discriminate against homosexuals while receiving federal funding are out of line. After all the Bible doesn't mandate that they refuse to hire gay individuals to perform non-religious charity work...

-NoCapo
Yep, first time I have agreed with Bideshi, because it doesn't say anything, so therefore their argument is null. This is in my opinion of course.

Last edited by memphisblues1986; 07-03-2014 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: fixed auto correct

Old 07-03-2014, 09:20 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times
Quote:
It seems to be that you thought you could indulge your own willfull sins here and that people would accept you without qualification. BTW, there are outbound flights daily.
Thanks for reminding me why I'm not a Christian.

Last edited by Shirina; 07-03-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times
Quote:
Sin does not "evolve". Right and wrong hasn't changed since the creation of man. What society "wants" doesn't make wrong right.
We really don't care. Really ... we don't.

Just leave the rest of us out of your benighted worldview and stop using the government as your pulpit. You're just butthurt that your brand of Christianity wasn't able to brainwash everyone into hating gays. In fact, it's done just the opposite because now a clear majority approve of a -federal- marriage equality act. And those numbers keep increasing every year.

Bottom line is that you and your ilk are obsolete. Your kind belong as an exhibit in the creation museum in Kentucky. The only people who agree with you are the proverbial choir, but the closer your sect comes to irrelevancy and ultimate extinction, the louder you'll scream and the harder you'll push to impose your theological fascism onto the rest of society.

Because if you can't convince people willingly to obey your barbaric laws, you'll try to force them.

You're not really a Christian in my book, just a power-hungry bigot who demands that the entire country follow your lead and abide by your wishes. If anyone needs an outbound flight, it's you.

Oh wait ... I take that back. There ARE no Christian authoritarian nations anywhere on the planet to. The only nations that impose religion by force of law are some Muslim nations. Which means ... can you guess? Yeah, it means that your vision of forcing people to obey the Bible via force of law has been rejected everywhere in the world.

Everywhere.

Ergo you're not only barking up the wrong tree, you're not even in the right forest (or on the right planet, for that matter).

Old 07-03-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
We really don't care. Really ... we don't.

Just leave the rest of us out of your benighted worldview and stop using the government as your pulpit. You're just butthurt that your brand of Christianity wasn't able to brainwash everyone into hating gays. In fact, it's done just the opposite because now a clear majority approve of a -federal- marriage equality act. And those numbers keep increasing every year.

Bottom line is that you and your ilk are obsolete. Your kind belong as an exhibit in the creation museum in Kentucky. The only people who agree with you are the proverbial choir, but the closer your sect comes to irrelevancy and ultimate extinction, the louder you'll scream and the harder you'll push to impose your theological fascism onto the rest of society.

Because if you can't convince people willingly to obey your barbaric laws, you'll try to force them.

You're not really a Christian in my book, just a power-hungry bigot who demands that the entire country follow your lead and abide by your wishes. If anyone needs an outbound flight, it's you.

Oh wait ... I take that back. There ARE no Christian authoritarian nations anywhere on the planet to. The only nations that impose religion by force of law are some Muslim nations. Which means ... can you guess? Yeah, it means that your vision of forcing people to obey the Bible via force of law has been rejected everywhere in the world.

Everywhere.

Ergo you're not only barking up the wrong tree, you're not even in the right forest (or on the right planet, for that matter).
Too soon to rep! +1

I just thank the stars that the religious fanatics get smaller and smaller every year. You are 100% right, they are becoming obsolete, and pushing more people, especially young people, away every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality