Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times

Advertisements

If the universe was created why would its creators not make it possible for us to be much smaller?
If we were much smaller we would eat much less, we would be able to lift many times our own body weight, and we might even be able to fly.

I believe the answer is that most people in the universe are indeed much smaller than we are.
I believe we must be living on some kind of prison planet

Quote:
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,982,996 times
fortunately or unfortunately we humans can believe anything we want, or just think stuff up when we are bored..!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
fortunately or unfortunately we humans can believe anything we want, or just think stuff up when we are bored..!
Amen, my brother!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
If the universe was created why would its creators not make it possible for us to be much smaller?
If we were much smaller we would eat much less, we would be able to lift many times our own body weight, and we might even be able to fly.

I believe the answer is that most people in the universe are indeed much smaller than we are.
How do you know we already aren't much smaller?
It's entirely possible that most beings in the universe are bigger than we are.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:16 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Indeed, size is not the only variable in how much we need to eat or other resource requirements. Gravity strength, the abundance or lack of nutrient density in available food, atmospheric composition, and more, all play a role.

Stating that most people in the universe must be smaller than us is a meaningless statement by itself. It'd be like saying most people pay less for gasoline, ignoring that they might be using nuclear or solar power and have little need for it in the first place.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:

So, we're satan's angels? Are we just here to serve our time, or is it a rehabilitation program?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times
were we cast down from heaven?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:59 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
were we cast down from heaven?
I'm trying to connect the dots of your op. You say we're in prison, and then you posted passages saying that satan and his angels were cast from heaven to earth. So, it sounds like you're saying this earth is prison for those beings, and those beings are us.

If not, why do you believe we're in prison? And what for?

Old 07-23-2014, 02:29 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm trying to connect the dots of your op. You say we're in prison, and then you posted passages saying that satan and his angels were cast from heaven to earth. So, it sounds like you're saying this earth is prison for those beings, and those beings are us.

If not, why do you believe we're in prison? And what for?
Just because there are dots, that does not always mean they can be connected ....

Old 07-23-2014, 04:28 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Comeback granpa and do some more dot connecting! Please do not let any of the satanic angels run you away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality