Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 04:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
In the OP and Your post, only 2 people have been named as protesting the dogs.

There have been no demonstrations, mass protests or even an other people mentioned as opposing the dogs.
I don't even think the guy wearing the "Night shirt" (Salawar Kameez), in the cartoon, would voice any complaints about it.
You may be right. While I tried to find out just who made these complaints, the one article naming those two (and you pointed up their questionable socio -political positioning) was just one repeated from source to source. I of course ought to have noted that it was the Smelligraph, a rag noted for right wing xenophobia, ran the story, written by Tim Burton (I'll check that name) noted as an anti - Islamic influence campaigner.

I'm open for more input, but it does look like the vast majority of muslims, let alone Malays had no problem and just a couple of scimitar -rattlers were making a fuss and a right -wing Islamophobe was making a fuss in response.

Btw, thanks for giving me the correct name for the nightshirt thing. I'll make a note if I ever need to refer to it again.

Tim Burton is a committed Counter-Jihadist and a prolific political commentator. He once called Fiyaz Mughal OBE a "Mendacious Grievance-Mongering Taqiyya-Artist", for which he was taken to court on a charge of "Racially Aggravated Harassment." Tim won the case with a landmark verdict in what was subsequently referred to as the "Birmingham Taqiyya Trial." On a personal note, he is the holder of an Aikido Black Belt and also currently holds a Brown Belt in Aiki-Kendo. His work has been published in New English Review and on Liberty GB. Tim also co-hosts with Kel Fritzi on Red Fox Radio WOW and on Freedom Loving Infidels (part of the Radio Jihad Network.)

The report was echoed by Pamela Geller, followed up by some pretty Islamophobic scare - mongering 'comments'.A spokesman for Glasgow 2014 said that neither Malaysia nor any other competing country had lodged a complaint against the same, the report added. (ANI)
I'm rather regretting now that I took the report at face value, and I may have to eat crow..whatever that actually entails.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-02-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 09:55 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You may be right. While I tried to find out just who made these complaints, the one article naming those two (and you pointed up their questionable socio -political positioning) was just one repeated from source to source. I of course ought to have noted that it was the Smelligraph, a rag noted for right wing xenophobia, ran the story, written by Tim Burton (I'll check that name) noted as an anti - Islamic influence campaigner.

I'm open for more input, but it does look like the vast majority of muslims, let alone Malays had no problem and just a couple of scimitar -rattlers were making a fuss and a right -wing Islamophobe was making a fuss in response.

Btw, thanks for giving me the correct name for the nightshirt thing. I'll make a note if I ever need to refer to it again.

Tim Burton is a committed Counter-Jihadist and a prolific political commentator. He once called Fiyaz Mughal OBE a "Mendacious Grievance-Mongering Taqiyya-Artist", for which he was taken to court on a charge of "Racially Aggravated Harassment." Tim won the case with a landmark verdict in what was subsequently referred to as the "Birmingham Taqiyya Trial." On a personal note, he is the holder of an Aikido Black Belt and also currently holds a Brown Belt in Aiki-Kendo. His work has been published in New English Review and on Liberty GB. Tim also co-hosts with Kel Fritzi on Red Fox Radio WOW and on Freedom Loving Infidels (part of the Radio Jihad Network.)

The report was echoed by Pamela Geller, followed up by some pretty Islamophobic scare - mongering 'comments'.A spokesman for Glasgow 2014 said that neither Malaysia nor any other competing country had lodged a complaint against the same, the report added. (ANI)
I'm rather regretting now that I took the report at face value, and I may have to eat crow..whatever that actually entails.
Actually I goofed on the Night shirt thingy. I just noticed it is one piece not 2 piece. The one piece is called several names. "Didhdash. Dishadash, or in Morocco a Jaleba expeciallif it has a hood" I usually wear a "Jaleba"

This was me on first day of my First Ramadan.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Handsome

Old 08-03-2014, 08:51 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Handsome
Yes, he cuts quite a dashing figure.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:06 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Handsome
Yeah, what a hottie! : )

Old 08-04-2014, 04:08 AM

723 posts, read 868,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Yes. All faiths should be treated with respect. When talking about 'terrorists' please remember that Islam Is fastest growing religion in the world, with a current membership of 1.6 Billion. What percentage would be terrorists?

Please treat all with the same respect that you'd like to receive.
Why should we? Maybe that is the very last thing we should be doing. Maybe humanity will never get to the next level until we all ruthlessly call a spade a spade.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:47 AM

618 posts, read 540,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
Why should we? Maybe that is the very last thing we should be doing. Maybe humanity will never get to the next level until we all ruthlessly call a spade a spade.
Hello el_marto

I'll probably regret asking, but what is this harsh truth about Islam that you are going to "ruthlessly" call out?

Thanks.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:18 PM

723 posts, read 868,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello el_marto

I'll probably regret asking, but what is this harsh truth about Islam that you are going to "ruthlessly" call out?

Thanks.
Well it's not just islam, it's all cults. They're clearly all nonsense and society would benefit from acknowledging this.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Well it's not just islam, it's all cults. They're clearly all nonsense and society would benefit from acknowledging this.
Islam is not a cult.

Most of the major religions have their fringe element but they are not representative of the whole.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
As Muslims do not "Join" a group nor have any central human leader, nor have any standardized form of instruction. What criteria makes you believe Islam is a cult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality