Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:57 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,698,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Why did they kill the son of god? What did they win by doing such a terrible thing? Do Jews have/feel any remorse or shame?
Why would you ask a question like this? No one here killed him or had any part. No one here was personally privy to any insider information.

I don't like it when any innocent person is murdered? Will that suffice?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:39 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,495,924 times
Quote:
Why did they kill the son of god? What did they win by doing such a terrible thing? Do Jews have/feel any remorse or shame?

If jesus existed...he was executed by roman pagans. Funny is not...that the same empire that executed him later worshiped him like they once did Jupiter.

Last edited by baystater; 08-08-2014 at 11:52 AM..

Old 08-08-2014, 12:49 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,350,824 times
I think the better question is why did Jesus' myth inspire so many Chrstians to murder Jews over the last 2,000 years?

Old 08-08-2014, 01:33 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,265,406 times
Jesus (Jewish) was breaking the law.

The police (Romans) were called by the victims (Jewish).

The state (Roman) had him executed.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:28 PM

467 posts, read 350,564 times
Running-Man has given what I believe to be the most accurate representation. The real person who was mythologized in the so-called new testament was an anti-Roman Jewish nationalist. He was probably fairly successful, as evidenced by the fact that the Romans bothered to single him out and kill him.

The so-called new testament is a fairy tale. While some or even most of the characters actually existed, the stories are made up. Anyone who knows anything about Judaism can see that many of the stories are written specifically to make the mythical character Jesus odious in the eyes of Jews of the time.

Read James, the Brother of Jesus, by Eisenman.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:20 PM

467 posts, read 350,564 times
Quote:
Why would I have any remorse or shame for something a bunch of Romans did two thousand years ago? I don't even have remorse or shame for my own brother's having kicked a Moderator cut: offensive language in Miami a few years ago. That wasn't you, by any chance, was it?

And what's this "son of god" nonsense you're spewing?

I think you're on the wrong forum.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-09-2014 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: language inappropriate for the forum

Old 08-08-2014, 03:32 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,823,061 times
Jews wanted him killed but couldnt so they pushed him off on romans. romans had an axe to grind.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:53 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,246,340 times
Israel was under the dictatorship of Rome at the time who had complete control of all powers including eliminating anyone they thought dangerous to their rule. Jesus was a Jewish teacher who had many followers. This made him a threat. Further, Rome, a more powerful entity influenced the history of this encounter as they did also choose which books were to be included in the New Testament. Certainly they didn't want to make themselves look bad as they professed to continue their world power by means of control of the Holy 'Roman' Church. This is why until very recent times many in the church tried to blame the Jews. The dispossessing of any claim Jews may have had to a direct relationship with God has lead to their slaughter in many cases. It goes hand in hand with thinking Jews need to convert to Christianity whereas it was Christians who were grafted onto Jewish religious heritage with God.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Israel was under the dictatorship of Rome at the time who had complete control of all powers including eliminating anyone they thought dangerous to their rule. Jesus was a Jewish teacher who had many followers. This made him a threat. Further, Rome, a more powerful entity influenced the history of this encounter as they did also choose which books were to be included in the New Testament. Certainly they didn't want to make themselves look bad as they professed to continue their world power by means of control of the Holy 'Roman' Church. This is why until very recent times many in the church tried to blame the Jews. The dispossessing of any claim Jews may have had to a direct relationship with God has lead to their slaughter in many cases. It goes hand in hand with thinking Jews need to convert to Christianity whereas it was Christians who were grafted onto Jewish religious heritage with God.
Yup...The wild olive branches were grafted into the cultured olive tree, not the other way around...

Old 08-09-2014, 07:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I think the better question is why did Jesus' myth inspire so many Chrstians to murder Jews over the last 2,000 years?
I don't think that started to hapen until the Gentiles put on the play called the Passion of Christ back in the middle ages...It was designed to breed anti-semitism...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.