Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 11:46 AM

348 posts, read 294,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why is this the method of judging morality? Who determined this?

How do you know that? I keep asking it...and all anyone has is that they just assume it.
How is above not implying well being has nothing to do with the principals of right and wrong behavior ? ( gotta go and will look forward to the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 11:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,173,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
How do you know that your questions are valid?
Why wouldn't it be?

Old 09-18-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
How is above not implying well being has nothing to do with the principals of right and wrong behavior ? ( gotta go and will look forward to a full explaining outlining the answer in keeping with consideration for entries made and points established.
I'm not sure I understand. What are you referring to "above"?

Old 09-18-2014, 11:49 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,318,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Question is are the Logical Larrys and the Reasonable Ronnys unified on a comprehensive moral perspective when it comes to the atheistic secular approach? From the looks of it, say in a university setting, it looks like they're lucky to even discuss as well as to make good and appropriate decisions when moral questions come into play. Yes, the universities are 'unified' but only on not getting involved with moral issues. It's like a stink they don't want to get close to. And it is there that the Larrys and Ronnys are being 'formed' in pods destined to grope their way through moral questions and 'winging' it. And it is from this that a society supposedly can get good skills st adjudicating moral problems when they occur? Frankly, if we look around we've lost some skills there.
Character assassination only indicates that you don't have a real argument to present.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 1,492 times
Perhaps you only do what's right when somebody's looking, but in my opinion that's a sign of poor character. I don't identify with looters, I don't judge people who download a little free music from performers who are richer than they deserve either. Most people do what they feel is right and that is not because they think some strange all powerful eyes are watching from up in heaven. Geez! Look at the mafia - many are loyal Catholics. I have much more confidence in someone who has an inner conscience and a soul independent of what they read in a book they don't understand or of what some bozo preaches at them once a week. I could go on and on but won't.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:52 AM

348 posts, read 294,323 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. What are you referring to "above"?
your 'above quote I was quoting,

plus

I edited it so a responce could not, try and find refuge in the usual , oh..I don't understand what your saying.

As mentioned and with politeness will look forward to the answer.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:53 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,157,293 times
Quote:
Yet...many people would disagree. I guess that means anyone not agreeing with you is stupid?
That's one possibility - in some cases a probability.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:53 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Why wouldn't it be?
To count the ways.

But more to the point if this response is valid then we can just we respond the same - Why would it be? Or to answer some of your own questions Vizio - Why wouldn't it be?

Wow this is so easy! All the answers to everything is a question. Sweet!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
To count the ways.

But more to the point if this response is valid then we can just we respond the same - Why would it be? Or to answer some of your own questions Vizio - Why wouldn't it be?

Wow this is so easy! All the answers to everything is a question. Sweet!
The OP started this discussing God and morality. I'm only asking questions of why we should accept the premise that anyone can judge God. If you'd like to drop your argument....ok. Fine.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
The OP started this discussing God and morality. I'm only asking questions of why we should accept the premise that anyone can judge God. If you'd like to drop your argument....ok. Fine.
How do you know that?

I already 'dropped' my argument - and it smashed you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality