Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 10:12 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And again...if I'm going to be really blunt here.....so what? Does your moral code determine universal truth? If not...what does?
My moral code does not. It only determines my truth. I don't know if there even is such a thing as universal truth and that really wasn't my point anyway. You have a completely different truth then I do. I was interested in how you got there. It looks like you had to suppress your compassion in order to make that worldview fit. Things are seldom what they seem so I wanted to outright ask. You have spent more time trying to undermine my ability to choose. I admit my sensors may be off so we don't have to argue that one. I concede.

So, does all that violence make sense to you? In a empathy way and not just it must be right because God ordered it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
According to the fundie version of tantrum throwing toddlers who do it because they are born full of sin and thus do evil things (like throw tantrums)...she must have been healed of sin. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!!
LOL she became an atheist before I did. I think the problem was that she executed it wrong because she had never seen a real life one before. I am pretty sure tantrums should be started from a face down on the stomach position. Her fatal flaw was starting on her back so she could see me laughing. Had she rolled over she might have pulled it off. I love that kid.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
My moral code does not. It only determines my truth.
OK....so you think one thing. If I disagree, who is right? You say you don't know if there even IS a universal truth.....so how do you know that God would be right or wrong by condemning anyone to death?

Old 01-02-2016, 10:31 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,559 times
Quote:
OK....so you think one thing. If I disagree, who is right? You say you don't know if there even IS a universal truth.....so how do you know that God would be right or wrong by condemning anyone to death?
Kinda goes both ways on that question. How would you know you don't serve an evil god?

Old 01-02-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:

I said it feels wrong according to my humanity. My question wasn't meant to be legalistic. This is about the feels. Surely you must have your own feels. Even if you give the feels no credence. Does destroying humanity except for a few like in the flood or all the genocide feel right to you?

Old 01-02-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I said it feels wrong according to my humanity. My question wasn't meant to be legalistic. This is about the feels. Surely you must have your own feels. Even if you give the feels no credence. Does destroying humanity except for a few like in the flood or all the genocide feel right to you?
What in the world does it matter what our feelings are? Does that affect reality?

Our feelings have no bearing on truth. The premise of this entire thread is that somehow atheists think they can judge God and declare him immoral. I'm asking how one could believe that if they can't even identify what is and is not truth?

Old 01-02-2016, 10:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongArm View Post
It is scary to think how many people would attempt to justify/rationalize the mass slaughtering of babies and "2 year-olds throwing temper tantrums" in order to support a belief system based entirely on an ancient book written by fallible, imaginative, and at that time, particularly ignorant MEN.

It's truly amazing to me.
Console yourself with the fact that primitive mindset is becoming extinct.

Most sensible, intelligent, educated people know biblical inerrancy is hogwash and that the concept of original sin is nothing but a clumsy, sadistic attempt to control the sheep.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
What in the world does it matter what our feelings are? Does that affect reality?

Our feelings have no bearing on truth. The premise of this entire thread is that somehow atheists think they can judge God and declare him immoral. I'm asking how one could believe that if they can't even identify what is and is not truth?
I acknowledged that you didn't have to give the feels any credit. The feels mostly only affect our own personal reality. It's part of what makes a human don't ya think? I personally am interested in yours because you came to a different conclusion then me. So what is it? Do you have to square away all that violence with yourself or are you able to easily accept it?

Old 01-02-2016, 11:47 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
You may think that babies are born with sin.

I KNOW they are atheists when born. And so do you. The indoctrination happens later.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You may think that babies are born with sin.

I KNOW they are atheists when born. And so do you. The indoctrination happens later.
How do you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality