Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If, after all this time, you can't realize that I'm not arguing for my interpretation of a set of commands...I don't know what else I can say. I've adequately demonstrated that the OP has a pointless argument. Without being able to actually say what is moral and what isn't, the point of this thread is moot.
So why don't you attempt to tell us what YOUR version of what is moral is. And why you think it is applicable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 12:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So why don't you attempt to tell us what YOUR version of what is moral is. And why you think it is applicable?
Clearly, since there is no form of morality among mankind that is objective and absolute, we must look to a higher source. Do you agree?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Clearly, since there is no form of morality among mankind that is objective and absolute, we must look to a higher source. Do you agree?
Nope.

You and jimmie and maxx are the only Three Amigos I've seen who believe an absolute morality must exist in order to condemn your god, or anything else.

Last edited by TroutDude; 09-10-2014 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: to add anything else.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:58 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
That is true for the very CONCEPT of morality, Vizio . . . NOT the content. Without God establishing a purpose for our existence . . . the CONCEPT of morality is moot. Your attempt to pretend that the contradictory written morality reflected in the Bible is God's absolute objective morality is irrational. It is not remotely absolute or standard. It is capricious because it is tied to what men believe God said or supposedly did at various times in our history . . . and they are NOT compatible.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is true for the very CONCEPT of morality, Vizio . . . NOT the content. Without God establishing a purpose for our existence . . . the CONCEPT of morality is moot. Your attempt to pretend that the contradictory written morality reflected in the Bible is God's absolute objective morality is irrational.
Have I ever done that? Do you think I'm suggesting we have to follow the Mosaic Law to be moral?

Old 09-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Have I ever done that? Do you think I'm suggesting we have to follow the Mosaic Law to be moral?
You haven't suggested anything in the way of being moral.

You just ask questions of others and offer nothing. You got no bullets in your god gun.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You haven't suggested anything in the way of being moral.

You just ask questions of others and offer nothing. You got no bullets in your god gun.
That's because first and foremost I wanted to demonstrate the futility of anyone claiming to be able to judge IF God is moral....while they cannot even tell me if Hitler, or any other man is moral.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Considering the fact that when you are asked specific questions your SOP is to ask a question (the handy "out" for not having to give an answer - which you did, once again, in this very post)... I'd say no one can say WHAT you are suggesting.

Except for your constantly stating you are a pastor in a little country church (which implies being a Christian) ... it's often difficult to determine just what you believe. About morals or anything else.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-10-2014 at 01:42 PM..

Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
That's because first and foremost I wanted to demonstrate the futility of anyone claiming to be able to judge IF God is moral....while they cannot even tell me if Hitler, or any other man is moral.
Wrong.

The Abrahamic God is a monster who makes Hitler appear like a choir boy by comparison.

See? It's easy.

That you don't accept my, and others' ability to assess morality or its lack, is your problem, not ours.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:31 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is true for the very CONCEPT of morality, Vizio . . . NOT the content. Without God establishing a purpose for our existence . . . the CONCEPT of morality is moot. Your attempt to pretend that the contradictory written morality reflected in the Bible is God's absolute objective morality is irrational. It is not remotely absolute or standard. It is capricious because it is tied to what men believe God said or supposedly did at various times in our history . . . and they are NOT compatible.
Quote:
When you allege that EVERYTHING in the Bible is God's truth . . . you are . . . because the Mosaic Law is in the Bible. If it was moral then it must still be moral now. That is what absolute objective morality MEANS! That is why your morality is NOT objective or absolute.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-10-2014 at 01:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality