Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Eh, I give up ... I have to sit here and listen to religious zealots proselytize about women submitting but if I call that misogyny, my post is deleted - most likely because someone whined.

Well, I woke up on Monday morning with my right hand half-paralyzed. I only have the use of my forefinger and thumb. I haven't the slightest idea what's wrong and I'm waiting to get in to see a neurologist.

Do you have ANY idea the kind of effort it takes now to type? And how WONDERFUL it is to spend 40 minutes typing a post that should have taken 40 seconds only to find it gone a few hours later?

To hell with it.

You win, I lose. Maybe if I can ever use my damn hand again, I'll think about posting again.
Do not worry to much over it. It could very well be a circulation thing. I lost half my right foot for about five years. Though it had subtle movement it was completely numb. I could shove a needle through it. Which I did out of curiosity. I know weird. but cool. when healing the body does strange things. I injured my spine. two vertebrae. Took four years to heal completely. But I might just be a stubborn freak of nature.
The pain was a 9.8 out of 10. And the doctors told me to take Ibuprofen and work out. only thing worse was when I was stung by an asp caterpillar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 PM

888 posts, read 453,856 times
There's trouble in paradise?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:05 PM

888 posts, read 453,856 times
It sounds like the marriage is already in trouble. Some good counseling would be in order if they'd be willing to go. It also sounds like telenovela material...

Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 AM

63 posts, read 92,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What is a "disciplining partner"?

Here is the advice you give your friend.

In the marriage vows it says "What God has brought together, let NO MAN put asunder". (that would be no woman either).

Your friend needs to grow up, wise up, and quit letting her ego get in the way of her marriage. There is a small child depending on her to work things out with his father.

Two people who love one another do not let anything man-made get in the way of that love.
Hi,

Discipling partner is someone who you get to study biblical principles with. It is one of the thing that the church requires all its members to have.

Thank you for your advice, will tell her that and I am really hoping that she would soon realized that.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I believe the wife should follow wherever her husband goes, otherwise the marriage will become divisive. They should be as one, the bride of Christ, they should submit to each other as together submit to God.
Hi and thank you for your comment. I am really praying that the two of them will still be able to save their marriage.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
My 2nd wife was a good Methodist to the bitter end, whereas I became an atheist in the final years of her life after having been of similar persuasions initially. It did not have the slightest negative impact on our relationship, because our relationship was based upon mutual respect for each other as persons. I don't understand what the problem is or how whether they go to the same church is of the slightest importance or consequence. Sounds to me like someone would rather be right than happy. And/or, they are so insecure in their faith that the very idea of someone not believing it is threatening, and doubly so for someone close to them.

That said, it's a personal problem and not for the OP to meddle in other than to express their opinion if it's solicited. My guess is that if the OP said anything like I just said, she'd be just as mad at the OP as she is at her husband.

Hi and thank you for your comment, she is my discipling partner as she is the one who invited me to attend their church regularly, tomorrow we will have another bible talk and she will again ask our advice regarding this. I am a guidance and counselling student and already about to graduate next semester but to be honest I really find it so hard to give a good advice to her because I think that her mind is really close in accepting that her husband chose another church as he does not believe in the present church we are attending. I agree with you that relationship should not be affected with as to where people involve go churches, respect is very important, I believe that is what she can't give.:-( She's not getting mad at me as she knows that I am really hurt seeing their marriage getting ruined, but she is very stubborn to accept that she only need to respect his husband's decision.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:36 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,447,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Eh, I give up ... I have to sit here and listen to religious zealots proselytize about women submitting but if I call that misogyny, my post is deleted - most likely because someone whined.

Well, I woke up on Monday morning with my right hand half-paralyzed. I only have the use of my forefinger and thumb. I haven't the slightest idea what's wrong and I'm waiting to get in to see a neurologist.

Do you have ANY idea the kind of effort it takes now to type? And how WONDERFUL it is to spend 40 minutes typing a post that should have taken 40 seconds only to find it gone a few hours later?

To hell with it.

You win, I lose. Maybe if I can ever use my damn hand again, I'll think about posting again.
I am sorry to hear of this development, Shirina. And I have been tempted to leave over similar events in the past, even absent difficulty in typing. However ... I will reiterate my recommendation to get a good quality headset and start using voice recognition. I know there are practical problems with your living situation and privacy, and I would have the same concerns. But the Internet is a lifeline and beyond a certain point it is pointless to stand on ceremony when there is a reasonable technological assist available. With a headset including mike you can also probably make dictation work with quiet murmuring on your part, with a bit of practice to keep diction clean despite lower than accustomed loudness to your speech. Try it. Seriously. We would not want to lose your input here. I think nearly everyone likely agrees with me there.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Quote:
I think one has to ask themselves, who is head of household ?
There is no, and never has been, a head of household in THIS family. It is incomprehensible to me to reconcile the idea of an equal partnership with one having a head of household.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:40 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There is no, and never has been, a head of household in THIS family. It is incomprehensible to me to reconcile the idea of an equal partnership with one having a head of household.

Well as believers we make God head of household as each member submit to each other as both then submit to God

Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Quote:
Well as believers we make God head of household as each member submit to each other as both then submit to God
Well, if that was the point you were trying to make (and I have no problem with that), you should have made that clear in your post. Your post caused quite an upset for Shirina that may not have occurred if you had made that clear in your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality