Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 06:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,751,696 times

Advertisements

A church pastor in Alabama has admitted to sleeping with congregation members without disclosing that he has AIDS.

Alabama Pastor Confesses He Has AIDS, Slept With Church Members
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 04:40 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,579,056 times
Reading the article it seems like they would have forgiven him for helping himself to the congregants in a sexual way, if he didn't have AIDS. Hypocrites.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 13,320,959 times
This guy is drunk with power. He may well succeed in hanging onto control of the church and there will be a percentage of this congregation who will stay with him pretty much no matter what he does, to them or to anyone else.

Some sociopaths get off on how much they can get away with, openly. This megalomaniac sociopath with a death sentence and nothing to lose, is going for broke. Naturally, throat-clutching, shocked Christians elsewhere will disavow him as an anomaly and Not One of Us.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:44 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,115,733 times
Having AIDS does not mean he sinned...as there are other ways of contracting it.

But it sounds like he wasn't immediately removed once he disclosed the affairs. That is a sad commentary that he was allowed to preach even one more sermon. He should have been removed from the pulpit IMMEDIATELY upon admitting his sin. The man is not qualified anymore to be a pastor.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,044,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He should have been removed from the pulpit IMMEDIATELY upon admitting his sin. The man is not qualified anymore to be a pastor.
That's how it works? If a pastor admits his sin..... he's not qualified to be a pastor. Hmmm..... So the trick to keeping your job as a pastor is to never, ever admit you sin. Every single pastor standing up there in the pulpit (including you, Viz) sins. Every.single.day. So, free job advice, keep your mouth shut or you're outta there.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:50 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,115,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's how it works? If a pastor admits his sin..... he's not qualified to be a pastor.
Sexual misconduct? With a church member, no less? Yes...that's enough to disqualify him. A pastor should be "above reproach".
Quote:

Hmmm..... So the trick to keeping your job as a pastor is to never, ever admit you sin. Every single pastor standing up there in the pulpit (including you, Viz) sins. Every.single.day. So, free job advice, keep your mouth shut or you're outta there.
I absolutely agree. I sin in thought and deed daily. As John wrote...if I say I have no sin I'm a liar and I deceive myself. I don't deny that I sin--we all do.

But not like this.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:00 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,044,940 times
Matthew 5:27,28

Don't take a peek, Viz. Avert thine eyes lest you sin.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:03 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,579,056 times
Quote:
I absolutely agree. I sin in thought and deed daily.
So when are you resigning as a pastor? Sin is sin, right? Or are you saying some sins are okay, others not so much. If that is the case, would you mind pointing me to the chart of sliding scale just so I can be sure of which sins are okay for me to remain a minister and which ones are career ending.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:11 AM

16,604 posts, read 15,544,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
So when are you resigning as a pastor? Sin is sin, right? Or are you saying some sins are okay, others not so much. If that is the case, would you mind pointing me to the chart of sliding scale just so I can be sure of which sins are okay for me to remain a minister and which ones are career ending.
Over in that other thread about homosexuality, somebody was equating homosexual acts with murder and adultery. If all sins are equal, then eating shrimp or wearing cotton/wool blends rank right up there with Grand Theft Auto.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,194,081 times
Quote:
Having AIDS does not mean he sinned...as there are other ways of contracting it.
The wonderful pastor, Pat Robertson is warning all Christians about the homosexuals wearing top secret Gay Rings to purposely infect people, because gay people are murders. Another popular church leader who is an authority on "sin."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XzA8VzkXg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality