Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of this book~? Moderator cut: inserting title "They Thought for Themselves". For some odd reason I got this in the mail anonymously.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-12-2014 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: inserting title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 01:19 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
fwiw the book is online, so others can comment on it.

Free

fyi the company that puts it out is Messianic.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:12 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
I have not however am curious after reading the title. My first thought was from the Principia Discordia, with their suggestion to Think For Yourself, *******. What's it about?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
fwiw the book is online, so others can comment on it.

Free

fyi the company that puts it out is Messianic.

It's not there and I get a page that says "Error 404".

Edit: Now it's coming up. Why did they send it to me and how did they get my info~? I'm not associated with anything Messianic~!

Old 10-12-2014, 12:46 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
It's not there and I get a page that says "Error 404".

Edit: Now it's coming up. Why did they send it to me and how did they get my info~? I'm not associated with anything Messianic~!
As to how they got your info, I suspect It came from an advertising spider. the internet is very far from being private. Advertising firms use google to find key words to find potential "Interested Parties" Your email address was probably sold to advertising firms if you ever filled out an online survey or registered on a site run by an advertising firm.

Another possibility

I find that some Messianic groups are very sneaky. They even start forums and sites that they claim to be Jewish in order to get contact info about Jews.

While the "Messianic Jew" movement is an extremely radical form of Christian Evangelism, that specifically targets Jews I do not consider them to represent the majority of Christians. May our Creator protect you from such people.

I disagree with Christianity, but most Christians I know would never use underhanded tactics like the Messianics use.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
As to how they got your info, I suspect It came from an advertising spider. the internet is very far from being private. Advertising firms use google to find key words to find potential "Interested Parties" Your email address was probably sold to advertising firms if you ever filled out an online survey or registered on a site run by an advertising firm.

Another possibility

I find that some Messianic groups are very sneaky. They even start forums and sites that they claim to be Jewish in order to get contact info about Jews.

While the "Messianic Jew" movement is an extremely radical form of Christian Evangelism, that specifically targets Jews I do not consider them to represent the majority of Christians. May our Creator protect you from such people.

I disagree with Christianity, but most Christians I know would never use underhanded tactics like the Messianics use.

This came to my home address

Old 10-12-2014, 02:27 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
This came to my home address
Good Grief!!!!!

That is freaky.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:21 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:

If it came in the mail, then some company you dealt with in the past sold their mailing list. And once that mailing list is out there, it exists forever (and each time it gets sold, it picks up errors on the way). For example my father has been deceased for more than 25 years and has never lived with me but once in awhile I get garbage mail for him.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Good Grief!!!!!

That is freaky.

Yes it was Woodrow~! And at the time it came in was freaky~! I did not read it until recently and only a portion of it recently. But this came in last year during a time when things were happening in my life (and you and a few people know what I am talking about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
If it came in the mail, then some company you dealt with in the past sold their mailing list. And once that mailing list is out there, it exists forever (and each time it gets sold, it picks up errors on the way). For example my father has been deceased for more than 25 years and has never lived with me but once in awhile I get garbage mail for him.

Ii don't think so, Pruzhany~! I have a feeling that someone I know had it sent to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality