Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 03:09 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times

Advertisements

Gizhe Manidoo
(Creator)

I’iw nama’ewinan, maaba asemaa, miinwaa n’ode’winaanin gda-bagidinimaagom.
(We offer our prayers, tobacco and our hearts.)

Miigwech gda-igom n’mishomissinaanig miinwa n’ookomisinaanig jiinaago gaa-iyaajig, noongom e-iyaajig miinwaa waabang ge-iyaajig.
(Thank you for the Grandfathers and Grandmothers of yesterday, today and tomorrow.)

Miigwech manidoog iyaajig noodinong, iyaajig nibiing, iyaajig shkodeng miinwa iyaajig akiing.
(Thank you spirits of the winds, water, fire and earth.)

Miigwech manidoog iyaajig giiwedinong, waabanong, zhaawanong miinwa epangishimok.
Thank you spirits of the north, east, south and west.

Daga bi-wiidokawishinaang wii mino bimaadiziyaang.
Please help us to live a good life.

Ahow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 04:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Good prayer. Mine are also mostly of thanks as well.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Wonder how long it will take for one of the atheist-types to come along and make fun of it, claiming the spirits don't exist.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:09 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Wonder how long it will take for one of the atheist-types to come along and make fun of it, claiming the spirits don't exist.
Why? 601 did not insist that his way is the one and only mandatory way and that everyone who does not follow it is totally immoral.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
Why? 601 did not insist that his way is the one and only mandatory way and that everyone who does not follow it is totally immoral.
Would it have caused you to make fun of it if he had?

Are you saying that other religions DO say that everyone not practicing their religion is immoral?

Old 11-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Would it have caused you to make fun of it if he had?
I do not make fun. I debate.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that other religions DO say that everyone not practicing their religion is immoral?
Various sects of Christianity and Islam do say exactly that.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
Various sects of Christianity and Islam do say exactly that.
I can't speak for Islam, but Christianity doesn't teach that one is immoral simply for not being Christian.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Thank you for posting that 601. It's a beautiful prayer.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I can't speak for Islam, but Christianity doesn't teach that one is immoral simply for not being Christian.
Some Christian churches do teach exactly that.

Here is the argument given to me by a Missouri Synod Lutheran minister.
Everyone is inherently sinful because of the sin of Adam. Only those who believe in Jesus are able to be moral. Everyone else is inherently immoral regardless of how they act. Only the actions of those who believe in Jesus count. He said that Romans 1 proved that everyone had an inherent knowledge of Jesus (not just God) and are “without excuse”. By not accepting Jesus (despite never having heard of Jesus) and seeking to be baptized they were doomed to hellfire.

Only Christians can be moral. Everyone else is inherently immoral because they are not elected by God from the beginning of time. And anyone who has heard of the Bible must accept it as literally inerrant. Otherwise they do not really have faith inspired by the Holy Spirit. And this includes six day creationism among other things. (That is official doctrine of the LCMS.)

In fact (according to this minister) it is not likely that many outside of the LCMS will be saved. LCMS is the only church truly following the tradition of Luther, who was inspired by God to show what true Christianity really is, rejecting the perversions of the Catholic Church. Most other Protestants are really heretics. Tha is what he said.
I had this in mind when I made my statement.

From another source: Here is why all Catholics are sinners and are going to hell because Catholicism is inherently sinful.

Why Catholics are Going to Hell

"Billions of lost sinners are dying in their sins and plunging into Hell because of the lying Popes and priests who deceive them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality