Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 03:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
This actually could be true if someone as we think as evil as Hitler were to have repented and had a change of heart, he actually could have attained heaven, I have heard that the "Son of Sam" Berkowitz while in prison has turned his life over to the Lord so he if sincere could attain Heaven also whereas someone who has never considered Christ as personal Savior will more than likely not attain Heaven as believers we know we can't save ourselves, impossible, good deeds, works are not enough, He came to die on the cross for our sins while satan would love to see us suffer in hell(hades)
He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 02:56 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
Well you can call yourself a scumbag if you want, I am a sinner who needs a Savior and sorry if you are part of a cult, oh well I am not and won't be looking for golden parachutes when I die but angel(s)given me a lift to the top floor called Heaven, it will be worth more than all the money in this sinful nature world because money will be worthless.
Actually, I don't call myself a scumbag ... that's how people like you see humanity. We're scumbags not worth the air we breathe. The smelly stuff that emanates from between our butt cheeks is worth more than any human being - you OR I.

Simply calling yourself a sinner in need of a Savior is just putting lipstick on a pig.

This thread is actually painful to read, seeing all of this crap about how we're going to get a nasty shock when we die, you're lost if you don't join the Jesus cult, etc. etc.

It's a sad testimony to the power of brainwashing, how a two thousand year-old cult still has so many people in its death grip of fear, self-loathing, and blind obedience. Just because your cult is popular doesn't mean it still isn't a cult.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:34 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
What would you say if after you died you found that Hitler and Stalin and the Boston Marathon bomber went to heaven and lived everlasting paradise?

And the people who risked their lives on the front lines to save a child in Afganistan/Iraq that would have been molested/killed...or died heroically
---
Faced eternal torture....eternal burning flames and the feeling you get when drowning except without losing consciousness ....so eternal neverending suffering

And the answer you get is "God says "I'm not so nice" and that's the way it goes....sorry to burst your bubble

If after 200 hours of endless torture...you were selected to have 5 minutes to speak to the people of earth and then the eternal torture resumes indefinitely, what advice would you give? You now note God is going to give you heaven if you are bad, not good. What advice do you give?

God wants all to be in Heaven, whereas satan wants to drag us down to hell, so God wouldn't be the One stating"I'm not so nice", but beelzebub who deceived us and made a lot think the Lord was a belligerent, genocidal maniac was the one with his ploy.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
God wants all to be in Heaven, whereas satan wants to drag us down to hell, so God wouldn't be the One stating"I'm not so nice", but beelzebub who deceived us and made a lot think the Lord was a belligerent, genocidal maniac was the one with his ploy.
Did Satan write the Bible, then?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:56 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Actually, I don't call myself a scumbag ... that's how people like you see humanity. We're scumbags not worth the air we breathe. The smelly stuff that emanates from between our butt cheeks is worth more than any human being - you OR I.

Simply calling yourself a sinner in need of a Savior is just putting lipstick on a pig.

This thread is actually painful to read, seeing all of this crap about how we're going to get a nasty shock when we die, you're lost if you don't join the Jesus cult, etc. etc.

It's a sad testimony to the power of brainwashing, how a two thousand year-old cult still has so many people in its death grip of fear, self-loathing, and blind obedience. Just because your cult is popular doesn't mean it still isn't a cult.
You have a warped understanding of Christianity. It's nothing like that. Where are you getting your info from? No sane, educated person would follow what you describe.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:33 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You have a warped understanding of Christianity. It's nothing like that. Where are you getting your info from? No sane, educated person would follow what you describe.
Yea, I don't take her reasoning too seriously

Old 12-06-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I see.

So next you're going to tell me that you're a Universalist and everyone goes to Heaven!

Right?

Because if my understanding of Christianity is SOOO far off in left field, why do people like you and perry and richard, as well as others, leave tasty little tidbits like this lying around the forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are in for a big shock when you die...
I'm sure what Richard meant by this is that we atheists are going to be shocked when we are met by a smiling, loving God who opens the Pearly Gates and allows us to pass. He'll say in a gentle voice how he "understands why we didn't believe in him but none of that matters now. Welcome to Heaven, my child," God will say, and my eternal stay in blissful paradise will begin.

I'm certain that Richard didn't mean we were going to be shocked to find that God is real as we non-believers roast in a fiery pit of eternal torment ... right, Richard?

Or this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What makes you think there is such a thing as a "good person"? The Bible says in numerous places that there is no one righteous.
And:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Look around you. If you're one of the billions of people that ever complain about murder, abuse, and famine that plague the world, I don't think you need to ask anyone why we need saving. All of that came from sin. There's no murder, abuse, or famine anywhere in Heaven. Earth is suppose to look like Heaven. Not like Hell. That's why the world needs the blood of Jesus. It was intended to wash the world and sin out of so we can enter Heaven.
I'm sure Vizio and Allen only meant that we're not as good as Jesus - but we're still good. I'm sure they didn't mean to say that we were all irredeemable sinners, evil and rotten to the core, and only God's grace keeps us from going straight to the fiery pits of Hell where we all deserve to be. No, no, I'm sure they didn't mean that.

Quote:
No, if you don't know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior you are lost, there is none righteous.
Perry, no doubt, meant that we would miss our exit on the interstate and then have to ask a gas station attendant for directions, right Perry ol' chum? That's what you meant by non-believers being "lost." I'm confident that it had nothing to do with people going to Hell and being tortured for eternity.

Quote:
... whereas someone who has never considered Christ as personal Savior will more than likely not attain Heaven as believers we know we can't save ourselves, impossible, good deeds, works are not enough, He came to die on the cross for our sins while satan would love to see us suffer in hell(hades)
Whoa, Perry! *gasp* You mentioned suffering in hell! Does that mean you believe that people who aren't saved by Jesus end up suffering there? Oh, but my reasoning isn't to be taken seriously. No, especially when you have to start back-peddling and I call you to the carpet for doing it. Yep.

Quote:
We are all sinners and need a Savior
So essentially we're a bunch of scumbags - just like I said. Doesn't matter how good you are or how much good you do for the world. It's that groveling before god/Jesus that matters the most. And if you don't, well, your ass will look like a Belgian waffle after sizzling on Satan's grill for a few hundred billion years.

Hmm .. Satan's grill. What an awesome name for a wings 'n ribs restaurant! I bet I'd get all kinds of clientele from the name alone.

Quote:
To begin with no such thing as good people, our garments are like filthy rags
Like I said, chip away at a person's own dignity, self-respect, and self-esteem and you can have a person believing in just about anything. Okay, we're not scumbags, per se, we're just akin to filthy rags. Which is, what, a couple of nano-degrees above scumbag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There is no such thing as a "good person" in Hell.
Ah, now here we go. If you go to Hell, then you must be a bad person. Atheists will go to Hell. Therefore, atheists are bad people. There's your religion in a nutshell - the Readers' Digest condensed version of the Bible.

What a strange notion of "just" and "fair" - which your God reputedly is. No matter what kind of nasty person you were in life, all you have to do is repent at some future date, and you'll be a Good person. The only trick is that you have to do it before you die - and mean it, of course. Wow! And here I thought you actually had to be good in order to be Good. I guess not.

Which means our lives here mean diddly squat. Nothing we DO actually matters. I can go around my whole life popping kids' balloons, skimming from orphanages, stepping on puppy tails, flipping off nuns, beating up Girl Scouts and stealing their cookies, pulling wings off flies, and making fun of disabled people and still be considered a Good person just as long as I join the cult and drink the kool-aid before I die.

Not much incentive there to be good in this life, is there - considering here in the Western world we have a pretty good chance of making it at least half a century. Only when you find yourself on a first name basis with the Grim Reaper do you really have to think about repenting. Then, no matter how nasty you were in life, you'll get to strum your harp right next to all the saints and martyrs.

It's those non-believers and non-Christians that will do all of the roasting and sizzling and popping. They're the Bad people, the ones who will end up in Hell, even though they were nothing but kind, loving, compassionate, altruistic, and generous right up to their last breaths.

What kind of screwed up system is that?

No ... you can scurry behind the "you just don't understand Christianity" defense when you're all out of ammo, but I think I have a pretty good grasp of how your beliefs work.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:55 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
No ... you can scurry behind the "you just don't understand Christianity" defense when you're all out of ammo, but I think I have a pretty good grasp of how your beliefs work.
At the point of death, who you belong to comes for you. Life on Earth is temporary, Hell is forever. That's why Christians have gone so hard in the paint for generations after the death of Christ getting the word out and looking to save whoever wants to be saved. Hope one day you see the light of Christ. God bless.

Old 12-06-2014, 05:42 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:

Quote:
Actually Shirina hit the nail on the head....it's a perfect description of your maniacal religion. I'm so excited to see more and more people leaving christianity and using their brains for a change to realize they have been duped. You can still believe in a higher power if desired, no christianity is needed for that. It IS a cult and it needs to go away like a bad plague.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:24 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
No sane, educated person would follow what you describe.
I think that's the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality