Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:26 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Muslims are concerned about one thing: world domination.
I once read an FBI report on how Muslims take over an area. They start in small numbers and get along with everyone. Once those numbers reach a certain amount, they begin to make demands like what the stores need to carry for their type of food.
Then as the numbers of adherents increase they begin to take over more and more businesses. Then they start making demands such as building towers with loud speakers in their town to broadcast call to prayer. Then they continue to take over.
I don't live too far from Dearborn Michigan and that is exactly what is going on there.
This is the United States of America, Muslims. You are free to practice your own religion. You are not free to make your own laws such as being able to murder your children if they go out with someone you don't approve of or murder your wives if they do something you don't approve of.
Christians are concerned about one thing: world domination.

I have read many accounts of how Christians take over an area. They start in small numbers and get along with everyone. Once those numbers reach a certain amount, they begin to make demands like being exempt from income taxes, critical comment, etc.

Then as the numbers of adherents increase they begin to take over more and more businesses and ask for more and more exemptions (see: Hobby Lobby). Then they start making demands such as building towers with carillons or large bells in their town to broadcast call to worship. Then they continue to take over.

I don't live far from New York City and that is exactly what is going on there.

This is the USA, Christians. You are free to practice your own religion. You are not free to make your own laws such as being able to deny your children medical care or to punish them harshly if it's for religious reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Muslims are concerned about one thing: world domination.
I once read an FBI report on how Muslims take over an area. They start in small numbers and get along with everyone. Once those numbers reach a certain amount, they begin to make demands like what the stores need to carry for their type of food.
Lol. Have you been in Polish neighborhoods? The stores of full of Polish foods. And, news flash, Hispanic neighborhoods have Hispanic foods. You're going to call out Muslims for "demanding" stores sell the food they like? Hahahahahahaha... It's called smart business.

p.s. I thought the Hispanics wanted world domination. It's the Muslims now? Jeepers in So Cal they live cheek by jowl and you can buy traditional Afghan food and tamales in stores owned by Cambodians. Don't leave where ever the heck it is you live. The culture shock will kill you.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-08-2015 at 12:00 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 11:43 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,244,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Modern Christian fundamentalism doesn't blow up airliners or mow people down with machine guns to the extent Muslim fundamentalism does (with notable and generally outlying exceptions: threatening and outright assassinating of abortion doctors, the protestant / catholic "troubles" in Ireland, etc). That makes Christian fundamentalism less unvirtuous and less maladaptive than Islamic fundamentalism in my book.
Ethnic/separatist terrorists account for the vast majority of terrorist attacks, planned and executed, perpetrated around the world every year. Religious terror accounts for less than 10% of the total executed, and less than 50% of the total planned. In 2013, in fact, there were 152 terrorist attacks carried out in the EU. Only 2 had any religious connection, and none were by Muslims.

Quote:
None of this has anything to do with one group of people being inherently "better" or more or less "evil" than the other. It is largely a matter of how economically oppressed and hopeless your average Muslim fundamentalist is vs your average Christian fundamentalist. If you have no hope, the resultant anger and resentment makes you vulnerable to fundamentalist ideology and radicalization.
Why don't the secular terrorists who far outnumber the religious ones get any attention?

Quote:
Unlike homophobia, which feeds off largely imagined constructs in between people's ears, Islamophobia feeds off rather concrete actual harms: suicide bombings, death squads, beheadings are all demonstrable harms.
So the world should be crawling with people who have legitimate fears of the actual harms caused by those steeped in nationalism and ethnocentrism, and yet most of the most vocal Islamophobes are precisely that. Bizarre.

Quote:
The generally baseless fear of being propositioned by someone of the same gender and the mistaken notion that you appealing to someone in this way says anything whatsoever about your sexual orientation or "manhood" or whatever, is a far more specious basis for homophobia and is based on taboos and tropes about sexuality that simply don't exist for religion.

I am not afraid of someone building a mosque and wearing funny clothes and pursuing a particular ritual. I AM concerned that some of them may not mind their own business and may try to harm me or mine if I support a culture that doesn't see a problem with poking a little equal-opportunity fun at their ideations.
What's the difference between the concerns you express and similar concerns a given person might express for anyone who is strongly secularist, or nationalistic, or black, or Mexican, or ethnocentric, or right wing, or left wing? Do these people all have equal claim to a legitimate fear they can publicly express, given minority members of all these groups have histories of violence?

Last edited by Daniel O. McClellan; 01-08-2015 at 12:12 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 11:56 AM

430 posts, read 481,614 times
Quote:

I have read many accounts of how Christians take over an area. They start in small numbers and get along with everyone. Once those numbers reach a certain amount, they begin to make demands like being exempt from income taxes, critical comment, etc.

Then as the numbers of adherents increase they begin to take over more and more businesses and ask for more and more exemptions (see: Hobby Lobby). Then they start making demands such as building towers with carillons or large bells in their town to broadcast call to worship. Then they continue to take over.

This is the USA, Christians. You are free to practice your own religion. You are not free to make your own laws such as being able to deny your children medical care or to punish them harshly if it's for religious reasons.

christians dont really behave like that. christianity has no political "laws".

islam is unique in such a way that its both politics and religion. thats why they have laws from theft to marriage.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
On January 1st, Egypt's President made a courageous speech calling for Islamic reform that seems to have been under-reported in the West:

Quote:
The speech was Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi's boldest effort yet to position himself as a modernizer of Islam. His professed goal is to purge the religion of extremist ideas of intolerance and violence that fuel groups like al-Qaida and the Islamic State — and that appear to have motivated Wednesday's attack in Paris on a French satirical newspaper that killed 12 people.
Article about the speech.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:58 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:
United States — Muslim 1.0%
Australia — Muslim 1.5%
Canada — Muslim 1.9%
China — Muslim 1%-2%
Italy — Muslim 1.5%
Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs:
Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply.
France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — Muslim 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago — Muslim 5.8%
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions (Paris — car burnings, etc.). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats (Amsterdam — Mohammed cartoons).
Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%
At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:
Bosnia — Muslim 40%
Chad — Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:
Albania — Muslim 70%
Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%
Qatar — Muslim 77.5%
Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:
Bangladesh — Muslim 83%
Egypt — Muslim 90%
Gaza — Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%
Iran — Muslim 98%
Iraq — Muslim 97%
Jordan — Muslim 92%
Morocco — Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan — Muslim 97%
Syria — Muslim 90%
Tajikistan — Muslim 90%
Turkey — Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of "Dar-es-Salaam" — the Islamic House of Peace — there’s supposed to be peace because everybody is a Muslim:
Afghanistan — Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%
Somalia — Muslim 100%
Yemen — Muslim 99.9%

Old 01-08-2015, 01:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol. Have you been in Polish neighborhoods? The stores of full of Polish foods. And, news flash, Hispanic neighborhoods have Hispanic foods. You're going to call out Muslims for "demanding" stores sell the food they like? Hahahahahahaha... It's called smart business.

p.s. I thought the Hispanics wanted world domination. It's the Muslims now? Jeepers in So Cal they live cheek by jowl and you can buy traditional Afghan food and tamales in stores owned by Cambodians. Don't leave where ever the heck it is you live. The culture shock will kill you.
Leave it to you to pick up on just one thing and concentrate on that.
I used to live in California and loved all the different cuisines and didn't have trouble with the Mexicans, or Vietnamese, Hindus, or whatever.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Leave it to you to pick up on just one thing and concentrate on that.

I have the ability to cut through the bs in life and focus on the nitty gritty. It's a gift.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-08-2015 at 01:16 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 01:10 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Is it because the media doesn't choose to report the good things and only want demonize them ?

I mean, this is America, equality right?
Country of Islamophobia and Muslim Bashing. Really. Homophobia is bad, islamophobia is the norm?

I think that not all Muslims are engaged only in killing someone of another religion

PS: I`m not muslim
Must likely cuase the the bad apples do it in the name of their religion while Jews, Catholics etc dont blow up buildings and then claim their religion as reason for doing it.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:54 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good post. I live in New Jersey, work in the city. Work with Muslims who are just people, as you pointed out.

I believe most of the blind hatred comes from people in areas where most people are just like them, and most of the information they base their hatred on comes from the Internet. I've seen some bizarre stuff, like they think all Muslim women are running around in burqas when they're not being imprisoned in the house.

Meanwhile, I work with several Muslim women, who wear normal business clothing but cover their hair with colorful scarves. They have master's degrees and professional jobs. I suspect some of the cornfield people in this country have no idea such people exist.
Well, how nice that you love to generalize. Have you read the Quran? I have and also know many Muslims. Because of their supposed holy writings, I don't trust and never would trust any Muslim. Of course, I also do not trust any person who professes themselves to be Christian. The problem with radical Muslims is that they take their religious writings literal. The problem with the majority of supposed Christians is that they don't live like they were taught by Yeshua. Most people are out for themselves and don't care about if they hurt others. Muslims are no damn different. The Quran teaches that a true Muslim should kill and/or maim in the name of Allah and doing so is good in the eyes of Allah, especially if it is done toward a Jew and/or Christian. Who cares if anyone has a master's degree or noit. I have one also, but that does not make me any better than others. In fact, I have not met people that are more ignorant of common sense than others who have high degrees from college and such, so all you have stated means nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality